.WUX Game File

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Graphiceye1821, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Graphiceye1821 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Is there a guide how to install .wux game files?

2. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    .wux?
    It's my first time seeing this extension. Can you unpack it or change it to .wud then unpack it?

3. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    It came packed in 12 parts unpacked them and it gave me a jpeg, reg, system info, and wux files. How do u change it to WUD?

Last edited by Graphiceye1821, Mar 6, 2017
  4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
  5. H_Oz

H_Oz Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    .wux are just compressed .wud files. If you want to install games in that format with WUPinstaller you have to extract the encrypted files and the .tik with some sort of tool like JWUDTool

6. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    OK thank you

7. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Is there a how to use some where to use JWUDTool, I tried using uwizard but keeps telling me i've entered wrong title key.

8. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Code:
    java -jar jwudtool.jar -commonkey Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6 -titlekey yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy -extract all -in c:\downloads\mygame.wux -out s:\install
    The titlekey is not the encrypted NUS title key, which is what's on that title key site. The one that jwudtool is looking for is the key to decrypt the disc.
    If there's a .key, .disckey or .bin in the same directory as the .wux, rename it to game.key and leave -titlekey yyyy... out of the command. If not, look in the download's readme or on the site you got the file from and find out what the WUD key is.

9. Graphiceye1821
    OP

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    Ok, i was trying to install Shantae Half-Genie Hero but all the links are down on the site, so I'll prob just wait til someone uploads it again, (hopefully in ready to install form)

10. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    You said you had a "System Info" file. That's actually a .nfo file, which Microsoft associates with the its own tool. (I think they did that just to mess with newbie pirates.) That's your readme file. Just open that file in notepad and see if the key is in there. It might not say key - it could be just a string of hex characters or pairs. For that particular game, if it's the US version and you find something in the nfo that starts with CC, that's what you're looking for. Heck, even if you deleted the nfo file, you could probably google Shantae view nfo and come up with it.