Official WupInstaller y Mod - with multiple install folders

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Yardape8000, Oct 23, 2016.

1. zebrone

Newcomer zebrone Member

Italy
    Yes. Run hachi. Then sign patcher and i've installed the channel. But it gives me an error when i start it!

2. Jbrighton

Newcomer Jbrighton Newbie

United States
    I had an issue with one of these so called 3.0 enclosures and iv mead quite a few cheap Chinese sd sellers refund the cost I spent on the discount they offered. I had a Lil trouble with a game or two. Dl more than one and the seem to mix up. I ended up deciding to rar each in a folder and successfully undid one with a separate pc and it installed. It has shown me that separating the info income is as critical to it as the one at a time sd load aspect. I'm at a point I want some of these red titles I see on utik it's a Lil different than usb Helper but its fairly complete list that don't need further compiling. Just add each as sepertate drag and drop actions typically does it but iv deleted dl that didn't finish right many times before realizing can option to not delete it and start another dl in a separate folder then add the previously dl fail into it before it gets going and it will incorporate what u already had but if u put it in same folder it's gona write over the top of it. (That's pc app related not console) but I was shocked when I took two halves or so of a folder and it accepted them and I did succeed in or loading into my console. Aka. I got lucky rolling the dice n learned something. Hope it helps

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. SonGoku78

Newcomer SonGoku78 Advanced Member

Germany
    how do i put wud files bigger than 4gb on the sd card ?

4. nexusmtz

Member nexusmtz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You don't put .wud files on the SD card. You should have a directory of .app and .h3 files (plus a few others) if you're going to use Wupinstaller to install the title. If any of your .app or .h3 files are larger than 4GB, you have a bad download.

If what you really have is a 23GB .wud file, you need to run wud2app or discu against that file (on your PC) to get the install files.

5. SonGoku78

Germany
    Ok thanks for your help. So i have to "unpack" the wud file on my pc first. i wanted to test project zero, which i have as wud file, which is over 4gb obviously.
    But then the name wud installer is somewhat confusing :) i assumed it is for installing wud files directly. i have to unpack every wud file first if i understood you right ?
    Or can i just copy the wud files smaller than 4gb in the install folder on the sd card ?

6. TerryG

Newcomer TerryG Advanced Member

United States
    The name is wupinstaller, not wudinstaller.

7. SonGoku78

Germany
    oh yes, my bad :)

8. SonGoku78

Germany
    Hi again, so i managed to get project zero working :) thanks for your help. If you could help me once again would be very nice:
    I have haxchi, so i boot my wii u, run haxchi, run mocha. So how do i get back into homebrew launcher ? is there a channel that i can install ?
    i am asking, if i for example want to start loadiine after i started mocha. if i run haxchi again wii u freezez.

9. Xyphoseos

Member Xyphoseos Hack or no games

France
    hello, i have a problem, I want install a vc nds custom but wup say "no usb attached ?"
    Usually that works with any vc custom, game, update etc... here no... why ? my HDD work perfectly

10. radxink

Newcomer radxink Newbie

United States
    Thanks for your hard work!

Any way do install from a network location instead of an SD card? If not, plans for this?

Thanks!