WUP installer update failed, Keep going or delete data?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CXNELP, May 19, 2017.

1. CXNELP
    OP

CXNELP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    So I downloaded the new update for Botw and I wanted to install it, however while I was installing it there was some sort of weird error that states that i removed my USB even though I didnt =_=

this has happened before however im not sure if I should restart or delete the data, if I have to delete the data how would you actually do that?

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    What type of USB device are you using? The error you are getting can happen for a number of reasons.

1. You could have an under powered hdd if you are using one is it connected with a y cable or does it have its own power supply?

2. Does the hdd have sleep mode active or disabled

3. Have you changed the wiiu settings to also disable sleep mode

4. If it is a usb pen drive it could be about to die

5. Same if you are using an older hdd

And there are a few more reasons that could cause that error.

3. CXNELP
    OP

CXNELP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    The problem is most definitely sleep mode, but how would I delete the old update data?

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You just need to install the update over the corrupted software and you will be fine as to disable sleep mode do this

• Turn on your Wii U
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Data Management
    • Press and hold down on the D-Pad for about half a second
    • Keep holding down and now press the + and - buttons and keep them pressed down until you see a prompt referring to the HDD sleep mode
    • Select disable - you will be advised that this setting might consume more energy

Last edited by Marko76, May 19, 2017