Hacking Wup Installer not finding folder/files?

Imaginesafety

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii U>Install>App I'm downloading's folder

I'm going crazy here. Tried WUP Installer Gx2 and Mod Y. No files are being detected to be installed in either app.What am I doing wrong?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Do you have the files correctly on SD ??

View this correct image ==>
993354Capturer.jpg

Last edited by jeannotte,

Motron9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your files should be in

SD:/install/GAME FOLDER

NOT

SD:/WiiU/install/GAME FOLDER

If you run into problems after changing this, you may have corrupted files/SD card. I ran into this problem on my very first game indtallation and it had me 2nd guessing everything I had done up to that point. I was losing my mind.

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm going crazy here. Tried WUP Installer Gx2 and Mod Y. No files are being detected to be installed in either app.What am I doing wrong?
I'm having the same problem.Do you need the cbhc folder on the root if not cold booting?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your files should be in

NOT

If you run into problems after changing this, you may have corrupted files/SD card. I ran into this problem on my very first game indtallation and it had me 2nd guessing everything I had done up to that point. I was losing my mind.
Not true. With y mod or GX2 you can have folders inside of "install" as long as those folders have the .app files in it.

D

Deleted User

I'm having the same problem.Do you need the cbhc folder on the root if not cold booting?
Nope. It's only needed if you're installing CBHC.
Don't name your SDCard "Wii U" or "WiiU".
It must be SD://install not SD://wiiu/install
either insert game files straight to SD://install or create a folder for each game [SD://install/<Game Folder>]

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope. It's only needed if you're installing CBHC.
Don't name your SDCard "Wii U" or "WiiU".
It must be SD://install not SD://wiiu/install
either insert game files straight to SD://install or create a folder for each game [SD://install/<Game Folder>]
Thanks, I think i got it now. Mod y would not show any folders so I downloaded Gx2 and it picked it up right away.
I'm installing botw to usb right now.

Imaginesafety

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Do you have the files correctly on SD ??

View this correct image ==>
993354Capturer.jpg
Your files should be in

NOT

You guys are the best. Sorry for the late reply, I fell asleep. Maybe my fatigue is why I let this simple fix get to me. Again, thanks so much!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still wrong there shouldn't be a Games folder. We already told you exactly how to do it. Game Name folder means like Zelda [PXCB01] whatever the name of the game is, but there shouldn't be a folder called Games.

Also you're using Loadiine files you cannot install those those are meant for the sd card it's an outdated method with slow loading. Wup files are what you need they should say .app a bunch of them, not code meta etc... Wrong type of file.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

SceneNewbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry, I didn't clarify. The "Games" folder isn't on my SD Card. The WiiU/Games folder is on my desktop. There aren't any games on the SD right now since I was trying to re-try it this morning.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read my edit those are not files you can install to hard drive those are Loadiine files.

Google "reddit Wii U USB Helper workaround" and use that program to get the correct type of installs for a hard drive. Loadiine is an outdated method that only allows you to play games off sd card and poorly that's what type of files you have.

Last edited by EmulateLife,
Reactions: jeannotte

SceneNewbie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read my edit those are not files you can install to hard drive those are Loadiine files.

Google "reddit Wii U USB Helper workaround" and use that program to get the correct type of installs for a hard drive. Loadiine is an outdated method that only allows you to play games off sd card and poorly that's what type of files you have.

Thank you! I'll update once I run through the workaround.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr