• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Wtf Is Wrong With This World :(

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We are totally getting off topic and lets just agree to disagree. People from outside America will never like America or understand our society and the same goes to the people in America, we will never understand how they think. Let us remember that 33 people lost their lives in Virginia today. I don't want fight with anybody here about why this happened. We can only blame one person and that's the killer.

I understand American society, the American dream and the Constitution etc. what I don't understand is why with the increasing number of killing and massacres in America is not been properly addressed. Michael Moore exposed the problems and falws with American law in Bowling for Columbine and while he does get on my nerves a bit he makes valid points but it seems like the Big Shots at the White House are more concerned with what is happening in other countries than in their own.

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then, _Mazza_, my posts aren't directed at you. I'm mad at the people who aren't thinking and calling America 'fucked up.' Maybe they should change gun control (which is an honorable thing to do, but nearly impossible.) or raise attention to WHY this guy started shooting up the folks at VirginiaTech. Blaming it on America 'just because you're American' is counterproductive.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guns dont kill people, people kill people.

Well, guns do kill people, but the constitution protects those rights. Banning cars would be much more effective in decreasing student deaths, seeing as car accidents are the leading cause of student deaths
lecture.gif

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The killer is dead. Any blame he gets won't really affect him too much.

'Listen no one is blaming on Americans, they are blaming on America and its laws, not the people. '

America IS Americans. The people constitute the country. An attack on America is attacking Americans.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is, you can't blame the incident because America is 'screwed up.' America is formed out of immigrants from practically every other country out there. So think about the fact that all these crimes are caused because people from another country moved here and started doing their thing. You're blaming the country for these deaths at Virginia Tech, but in my opinion, the fault is on the global scale.

Please just stop posting and think before you post. Can you prove that half the crimes that been cause in America is started by none white people? Come on man this is just your personal attack on other races and its also stated as a racist comment. America is mess up due to firearm been public open to all.. Countries problems occur everywhere no matter what the race are..

Dammit stfu, you don't know shit. Look at some statistics then come back and tell me how it's racist. Shit, if someone tries to tell the truth they are automatically called racist. And one more thing, shut the hell up about firearms, I remember when a black gang threatened to exterminate all of the "honkies" at my old school. Do you know why they didn't try shit? Because half of the White kids brought guns. If it weren't for police protecting the gang bangers then we wouldn't be experiencing this issue right now would we? You can't just outlaw guns and expect them to magically disappear, they will be around for good. So how about we let the law-abiding citizens keep theirs. Really, it's laughable, do you think some crack dealer gives a shit that he's breaking the law by owning an automatic rifle? I remember when America was a good place, but it's over, thank the people that hide with their dick in between their legs and decided to hand over our country to trash.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think an psychological approach is wnot the way to go though.

I admit other countries have problems too.

E.g in the UK underage drinking is a problem, I don't know anyone who hadn't been drunk by 16. Yet the laws in the US are stricter for drinking and I'm not sure on the situation there but it is probably better than here. Same is the problem of underage sex and teenage pregnancies in the UK because our government tries to take the we are here to help approach instead of enforcing stricter laws.

Similar to th guns laws in America instead of taking courses and having classes in school saying killing is bad, they should take a more direct approach and stop the sale of guns to the public.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys in all your other countries must think your land is perfect, huh? No country is perfect. What about the London bombings? You don't see Americans saying, 'Boy those people in the UK must be really messed up to do that.' And before you bash the U.S., wonder why there are so many immigrants.

The only people originally in America were the Native Americans. Everybody else in the U.S. is from YOUR country. You're the ones bringing all this over here.

Sorry, double post but had to post...

YOU SIR/MADAM, ARE A DISGRACE TO AMERICANS

NOTE: Thanatos-drive does not represent the views of United States as a whole
lecture.gif

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You know what Thanatos-Drive just stfu up dumbass. You are using your own personal experiences and doing a personal attacks on other races. No one says that firearms will just disappear if someone says so. Everyone saying that it the law should do some more shit about guns and changing the law to make it harder to get a guns.
You of all people are racist and willing not to listen to reasons.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand American society, the American dream and the Constitution etc. what I don't understand is why with the increasing number of killing and massacres in America is not been properly addressed. Michael Moore exposed the problems and falws with American law in Bowling for Columbine and while he does get on my nerves a bit he makes valid points but it seems like the Big Shots at the White House are more concerned with what is happening in other countries than in their own.

Michael Moore is one sided(liberal), there are always different sides to a story. If you understand our society and laws, then you would know how hard it is to pass an Amendment. There are people here in America, that would die to protect the right to bare arms. It is easy to say you should this and that, but to actually do something about it is hard. You say that you understand American society, but you have no idea. Our society vary from state to state, each state also have their own set of laws.

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The problem with stopping the selling of guns to the public, is that the criminals will then have the guns and the public will have no way to defend.

Well those kids didn't have any way to defend, if that shit happens JUST LIKE THAT, there is no reason to own a gun.
You don't walk around with a glock every hour of the day for fucks sake.
There has got to be a start somewhere, instead of throwing all your fucking money at the war in Iraq or something, invest in more police forces out there.

Q~

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys in all your other countries must think your land is perfect, huh? No country is perfect. What about the London bombings? You don't see Americans saying, 'Boy those people in the UK must be really messed up to do that.' And before you bash the U.S., wonder why there are so many immigrants.

The only people originally in America were the Native Americans. Everybody else in the U.S. is from YOUR country. You're the ones bringing all this over here.

lecture.gif

No kidding I don't represent America as a whole. If I did, every single one of us would be a male, now wouldn't we? And why don't you try reading my other posts before making that comment? I already said, you're taking my post the wrong way. I'm not being racist, I'm saying we're all COMMON PEOPLE.

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know what Thanatos-Drive just stfu up dumbass. You are using your own personal experiences and doing a personal attacks on other races. No one says that firearms will just disappear if someone says so. Everyone saying that it the law should do some more shit about guns and changing the law to make it harder to get a guns.

What?

Here's a clue buddy: the last statement you saw directed at you, was NOT BY ME.

HelloKitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not too far from where I live... Virginia is only a state away... =(
I can't believe people are capable of this.

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

What?

No matter if your post wasn't made by you, all your statement give a message of blaming this event on the colour races and other nations not the true Americans or America itself. Therefore in my book that is a racist comment.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem with stopping the selling of guns to the public, is that the criminals will then have the guns and the public will have no way to defend.

No the public will respond with the Police.

Here's the situation in America, a criminal goes to mug someone and has a gun, the victim pulls out a gun to defend, someone gets shot and at the same time forms an enemy.

In the UK, the victim hands over their purse/wallet. Yes this may seem a sissy approach but no-one gets hurt and the victim can report the crime and hopefully the mugger get's prosecuted and is ordered to pay a fine.

Now looking at the number for crime and killing in bother countries which system is more effective.

Obviously the system in the Uk isn't perfect, if I had it my way if someone came into my house and was walking out the door with my TV then I should have the right to whack them with a baseball bat but when it's outside in public i think most people will agree that the US law is flawed.

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

lecture.gif

No kidding I don't represent America as a whole. If I did, every single one of us would be a male, now wouldn't we? And why don't you try reading my other posts before making that comment? I already said, you're taking my post the wrong way. I'm not being racist, I'm saying we're all COMMON PEOPLE.

haha I think he meant "you don't represent everyone in the USAs point of view", and you've taken it as "not everyone is you" shows that you're not very smart now doesn't it. Didn't want to get personal but you've shown you don't know much by this comment

Thanatos-Drive

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

What?

No matter if your post wasn't made by you, all your statement give a message of blaming this event on those colour races and other nations not the true Americans or America itself.

I haven't made any racist comments. I've already explained this.

Sidenote:
'your post wasn't made by you'
Then it wouldn't be my post now would it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out