Warn-free Since 2005
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's watching E3 right now, Sony just announced they're exclusively teaming up with AT&T to bring 3g to PS Vita (PSP2)...

really, Sony? REALLY? AT&T? Epitome of the shitty ISP in United States?

I'll really have to think hard about getting this thing now... why didn't they go with someone like Verizon instead?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AT&T will probably be really good after the merger with T mobile
unsure.gif

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I found it amusing when he announced AT&T, the audience didn't seem overly impressed.

Wonder who they'll pick in the uk, maybe O2?

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The entire conference was okay, but they still focused on Motion Gaming WTF?!! Was expecting to see games like Last Guardian.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AT&T hmmm just another thing they copy from Nintendo. Wow front & rear cameras hmmm Nintendo first, Gyroscopic hmmm Nintendo, Connect to other players (Near) hmmmm Nintendo spotpass. $249 hmmmm Nintendo. Well at least the rear touch is an origional idea.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jan1tor said:
AT&T hmmm just another thing they copy from Nintendo. Wow front & rear cameras hmmm Nintendo first, Gyroscopic hmmm Nintendo, Connect to other players (Near) hmmmm Nintendo spotpass. $249 hmmmm Nintendo. Well at least the rear touch is an origional idea.

Party chat? rear AND front touch pad? dual analog?

Just because Nintendo brought a handheld out before Sony with certain features doesn't mean Sony are copying Nintendo.

Originality is extremely hard to come by in-terms of gaming and consoles with the "limited" (used loosely) technology we have.
There will ALWAYS be small and huge similarities between various products as technology grows.

Personally I'm more mortified by the name of Sony's new handheld, I mean Vita? really?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Jan1tor said:

This may be hard to believe, but 3G and AT&T existed BEFORE the 3DS and PSVita. I know, astounding. 3G contracts will always go to the highest bidder too. If AT&T offered the most, they got picked. Be angry at AT&T for having so much money. Cameras and their placement is nothing new. For all we know, Sony had that planned for ages. Ever hear of Adhoc on the PSP? Local multiplayer present in many PSP games. Spotpass is just another form of local wireless. And I know for sure that gyroscopic technology was in use before the 3DS. $249 is called market competition. Learn basic economics and come back.

Bitch moar.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Jan1tor said:
Adding features someone else has =/= copying.

So I assume that the PSV is copying the fact that it has sound and a screen with images on it from Nintendo too.

Are you seriously accusing them of copying the price? The value of the PSV is higher than the 3DS by a lot, they're virtually losing money by making the price so low. We should be thankful about the price, not complain about how it's the same as their competitors.

Honestly, before people make accusations like that, I just wish it'd wouldn't be so biased. *coughNintendofanboycough*

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Jan1tor said:
really? if you are seeing it this was than all consoles are copies of the magnavox odyssey. really all consoles? odyssey came with that first. those features were out before nintendo anyways and are not for nintendo use only

azariaspice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, the 3G stuff doesn't matter to me. I likely will just get the WiFi model. I don't generally go anywhere where I'd take it, and if I do, I don't get much time to lay since I have to drive there! I usually play at home, so WiFi is fine for me. Though AT&T is lame, I don't understand why they'd go with them. Nintendo I guess is fine, since it's mostly just WiFi hotspots that they're offering. But their 3G sucks. That's why I never got the iPhone, which thankfully is on a decent network now. I'm getting the Vita for sure though, LBP made me buy a PS3, and it'll make me buy the Vita!

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I may have money for Vita but tbh I'd like to get a PS3 instead, so if there's a price drop for that I'd get that first.

TV, Internet and Phone, the only problem I had was with AT&T, and them only. that's why I'm so against this... :

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
CCNaru said:
I may have money for Vita but tbh I'd like to get a PS3 instead, so if there's a price drop for that I'd get that first.

I enjoy owning a PS3 already. Hopefully the Vita lets you download PSN games. I'm thinking that even if the Vita gets hacked (well, let's face it, when it gets hacked), I'm going to roll legit with this one. I think it will help to bring me out of the video game funk that piracy has put me in. It just isn't as fun when you can get anything you want whenever you want.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
People can't stop complaining, yeesh.

Anyway, PSV, day one purchase. Given it's reasonable price, astounding hardware (I hope the battery is at the same level as the PSP), and a Vanillaware game? I'm sold. Heck, even if it doesn't get any games for awhile, the OLED screen is enough for a purchase at the price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*