Hacking [WTB] SuperCard DSTwo (not Plus version)

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking on the web for hours, didn't find. Not even on EBay or Amazon, and if there are, they certainly won't ship to my country, so I decided that I would look on GBATemp.
If it's possible, I would like the price to be not much more than 35$.
If you have an offer, let me know, and I can't really buy it now, so I will contact you when I can.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i found in 2 stores, but the price is too expensive to even think about it.. for whatever reason they now are more expensive than the plus version...
i would sell mine, and get me the plus version.. but shipping and customs...

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found in 2 stores, but the price is too expensive to even think about it.. for whatever reason they now are more expensive than the plus version...
i would sell mine, and get me the plus version.. but shipping and customs...
Ye... Shipping is always the thing that ruins the deal. I once found a game for 10 bucks, but shipping turned out to be 3 times more than the actual price :/

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costs more, and there's no possible way to remove the 3DS game option. Who knows, maybe I accidentally touch it and I brick.
I own a DSTwo Plus and can confirm this is an irrational fear.
The 3DS "use" of the thing requires setting up a special CFW on the 3DS's SD card first before you can use is, similar to how gateway works. Additionally, don't bother, it sucks. (I use it as a regular DSTwo exclusively now)

The only thing I could think of as potentially dangerous is if you are a user of the regular gateway card, which might brick your or at least throw up some kind of spooky error because you have a DSTwo inserted if you accidentally forgot to swap carts.

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm what CheatFreak47 said. I own both a Normal and a Plus version. They are functionally the same thing aside from the upgraded hardware. You have to go through a rather obtuse process to actually GET the 3DS functionality working...it's NOT there out of the box. So there is no reason to be afraid of getting the Plus version... Honestly, unless you're NOT on CFW, there's no reason to buy a DSTwo at all since there are now emulators that run natively and MUCH cheaper flash carts (I recently got my old r4i rts 3ds working again thanks to recent CFW updates)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm what CheatFreak47 said. I own both a Normal and a Plus version. They are functionally the same thing aside from the upgraded hardware. You have to go through a rather obtuse process to actually GET the 3DS functionality working...it's NOT there out of the box. So there is no reason to be afraid of getting the Plus version... Honestly, unless you're NOT on CFW, there's no reason to buy a DSTwo at all since there are now emulators that run natively and MUCH cheaper flash carts (I recently got my old r4i rts 3ds working again thinks to recent CFW updates)

Ditto, I actually just ordered two R4i Gold 3DS RTS to start using instead of my DSTwo specifically because the DSTwo is so power hungry it kills my 3DS overnight if I accidentally leave in the system.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I own a DSTwo Plus and can confirm this is an irrational fear.
The 3DS "use" of the thing requires setting up a special CFW on the 3DS's SD card first before you can use is, similar to how gateway works. Additionally, don't bother, it sucks. (I use it as a regular DSTwo exclusively now)

The only thing I could think of as potentially dangerous is if you are a user of the regular gateway card, which might brick your or at least throw up some kind of spooky error because you have a DSTwo inserted if you accidentally forgot to swap carts.
Basically this. Without the launcher.dat on the 3DS SD card the 3DS-mode functionality can't be used.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can confirm the power drain. If you leave the DSTwo in the slot, it continues to power the onboard processor, which drains your battery quickly. 3-4 hours of use or dead by the end of the day, even in standby mode. If you DO go with a DSTWo, either version, you have to remember to pop it out when you're done!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...