Hacking [wrong/fake] 3DS ROM Dumping now possible for anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit by mod team: the following message is wrong/erroneous. This tool does not allow ROM dumping. This tool will only dump and restore savegames off a retail 3DS cart.

Recently we have heard of the team Legacy dumping the first 3DS ROMs, now we can do it ourselves!

The NEO Flash team has created software to allow SMS2 (and soon SMS4) to dump 3DS ROMs, saves, and reupload the saves to the 3DS cart. It already fully works for the SMS2, and they're working on one for the SMS4.

Link below to the thread:

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6933.0.html

Picture of the software : (because most of you don't have neoflash accounts)

sms23ds3.gif

Download:

http://filetrip.net/f25487-SMS2-Backup-Mas...Saves-1-21.html
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A SMS2 OR ELSE IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!

Notice it has the following capabilities:

* Dumps 3DS ROMs [NOTE: WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT A SMS2]

(Note can't read the icon and turn it into a computer image yet but dumping works)

Confirmed list of dumps w/ this and SMS2:

Nintendogs+cats French Bulldog & New Friends : MX25L4001(EEPROM:4Mbit) [JAPANESE]
Super Monkey Ball 3D ?MX25L1002(EEPROM:1Mbit) [JAPANESE]
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D : MX25L1002(EEPROM:1Mbit) [JAPANESE]
Samurai Warriors Chronicles : 25L4001(EEPROM:4Mbit) [JAPANESE]
One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP : 25L1002(EEPROM:1Mbit) [NO REGION MENTIONED, PROBABLY JAPANESE]

I'm sure it can dump more than these 5 games, these are what people commented about dumping their 3DS Carts.

* Dumps 3DS Saves
* Writes 3DS Saves to 3DS carts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course no 3DS-mode flash carts have come out yet but learning about the ROMs is probably the most important step to making a flash card xD

* Remember though: Piracy is wrong. Use the 3DS dumps ONLY if you actually have the game/dumped it yourself when a way to use them is found.

Anyways, this is a pretty big step up on 3DS hacking, I'd love to see some cool 3D homebrew using the camera or motion controls, plus the extra processing power.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Now I'm jealous and wanting to buy a 3ds so I can backup my games. That's a big reason why I buy things. If I can back them up and play from the backups while keeping the original in near mint condition, then I'm happy, because I know I won't be losing my games.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
*Drinks a cup of tea while waiting for people to create new excuses to download "backups"*

I thought it'd take a year for this to happen. Let the show begin.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
*Drinks a cup of tea while waiting for people to create new excuses to download "backups"*

I thought it'd take a year for this to happen. Let the show begin.
I thought the same thing. I'm actually surprised by this. I thought Nintendo said the security on the 3DS was better.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo said that the security on the system was better.

They said nothing about the security on the games. Regardless, we still have zero ways to play back ups, or even to confirm that the dumps are useable.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SWEET news. We are that much closer now.

JUST so you guys know... we have been able to do dumps of DSi games for a long time. Doesn't mean we can play them or use DSI specific game's features...

We still have a long way to go.

MountApple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow awesome, another step to getting hacked. Honestly the only reason I want it to be hacked is so I can play a N64 emulator on it (whenever someone makes one).

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
Excellent news
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME 3D(Japanese Version) : MX25L1002(EEPROM:1Mbit) ALSO WORKING

:yaynds: :yaynds: :yaynds: :yaynds:

Thanks, deathking.
That was on the list of what people have successfully dumped with SMS2, maybe I should darken the green so its more readable. Probably more carts are supported. Can anyone with an SMS2 (I have an SMS4) confirm any other 3DS titles?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, this was fast. But still, dumping ROMs is just one small step in the big-ass road to easy piracy.

You guys'll have to wait for a while.

D

Deleted User

How long did it take for the first Ds game to get dumped?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uhm I don't see anything about backing up ROMs in that thread. It's all about saves.
So where does the notion that you can backup roms with this come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1