Hardware Writing into original Amiibos?

Metichi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TL; DR: How to backup and restore original amiibos and not just any blank ntag card.
Edit: How to backup the rewritable part data specifically so the same figure can be used across multiple games.

I was recently gifted an Inkling amiibo and was pretty disapointed to find out I wouldnt be able to use it in Ultimate and Splatoon 2 simultaneously.

A small search provided hundreds of articles and threads about cloning amiibos into NTAG cards, so I downloaded TagMo into a phone with NFC and succesfully scanned the amiibo.

But when I tried to write the information back into the figure, it gives an error for both wirte and restore. Is this an issue with original amiibos and TagMo in general or is my phone glitching out for some other reason?

Last edited by Metichi,

arcanine

Trophies
XP
Country
You can’t. They are write-once on the amiibo part. Only the data part (where the user data gets stored) is rewriteable. Once you have written the amiibo itself, that part of the tag becomes read-only.

Metichi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can’t. They are write-once on the amiibo part. Only the data part (where the user data gets stored) is rewriteable. Once you have written the amiibo itself, that part of the tag becomes read-only.
Yeah, but Im interested in storing and rewriting the data part. So I can keep my Ultimate data in my phone while I play splatoon and my splatoon data while I play ultimate, and not have to delete it when Im done with one game.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you want is possible, backing up and restoring the save-data, not the identifying data of which amiibo it is. This looks like a 3DS homebrew that can do it. The blurb for datel powersaves suggests that that can do it too. I don't know if there's free software that does it from a computer/phone rather than 3ds. I have yet to see any Switch homebrew for accessing amiiibo data, maybe later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay