Hardware Write on SD without extract it?

Baoh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, there is a way to write on SD card without exctract it from the console?
Like see The switch like a normal USB device

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only ftp over wifi, but that's slow and dumb most of the time, taking the card out seems to remain the only real way to do this.

I had always hoped for a hekate payload to take the card out safely without having to turn the console off completely..

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had always hoped for a hekate payload to take the card out safely without having to turn the console off completely..
You can take the sd card out while hekate is loaded, as long as it's not actively doing something like a backup. You can also take the card out in rcm mode when no payload is loaded (blank screen).

Reactions: Baoh

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can take the sd card out while hekate is loaded, as long as it's not actively doing something like a backup. You can also take the card out in rcm mode when no payload is loaded (blank screen).
I dunno about rcm mode.i feel like there were instances of being prompted to check the card for errors when taking it out in rcm, back when we just learned about the switch just booting itself back into rcm after a shutdown.

But if this is true about hekate, that would be cool. A mount/Unmount prompt would probably still be better for my personal peace of mind

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dunno about rcm mode.i feel like there were instances of being prompted to check the card for errors when taking it out in rcm, back when we just learned about the switch just booting itself back into rcm after a shutdown.
SD card isn't mounted in RCM mode unless a pushed payload mounts it, so it's not mounted in the blank screen before you push anything, and it's safe to remove. I'm assuming any incidents like you mentioned were caused before/during shutdown.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nxmtp
Or memloader to do it from rcm mode.

sys-ftpd is good too for wifi transfer.

^ This guy knows what he's talking about.

If you're using TegraRcmGUI, you can load memloader directly from the tools tab. At this point your Switch is a glorified microSD card reader. It's probably the fastest way of transferring files to and from the Switch without ejecting the microSD card.

That being said, I don't really use it too much anymore. Sys-ftpd works great for transferring homebrew-related files wirelessly (I like using FileZilla as a client, but even Windows Explorer seems to work alright with it), and you don't even need to reboot your Switch to use it.

If you're installing NSPs, I recommend doing it over USB via Goldleaf. Very fast, it's much quicker than spending the time to copy the NSP to the microSD, and then installing it from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny