Hacking Wouldn't it be cool if...

TheTalentedMrRip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wouldn't it be cool if the CycloDs Evo could boot directly into Slot-2 GBA Mode, instead of just Passme Mode...

Although i have quite a few Slot-1 flashcards, CycloDS Evo beats them all handsdown.
I DO wish it had a boot to GBA Mode though. I've got an M3 Lite Perfect MicroSD in Slot-2 and the DSTT for example allows me to boot my M3 in either Passme Mode (M3 DS Menu) or in GBA Mode (M3 GBA Menu).

Considering that the DSTT is almost half the price of the CycloDs Evo, yet offers this feature, adding this feature on the CycloDs Evo would totally be tha bomb!! It would certainly be easy enough to do.

TheTalentedMrRip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah thanks for the tip, but i've already got that one. Was just thinking that since it was a standard feature on the DSTT, why the hell didn't team cyclops include it in also.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No it would not be cool, I bought the CycloDS because it doesn't boot straight to the cart, I prefer my flash carts to act like normal DS games.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadBob said:
No it would not be cool, I bought the CycloDS because it doesn't boot straight to the cart, I prefer my flash carts to act like normal DS games.

Er, you misunderstood him. He is requesting that when you select boot to slot 2 in the Settings, it will not only boot flash cards in NDS mode, but it would boot GBA games or flashcards in GBA mode.

vergessen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why this would be a nice feature, you can either add a piece of homebrew to do it or you can just boot the slot2 card via the standard nds menu.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
euphemism said:
MadBob said:

Er, you misunderstood him. He is requesting that when you select boot to slot 2 in the Settings, it will not only boot flash cards in NDS mode, but it would boot GBA games or flashcards in GBA mode.

Boot the DS, decide whether to boot GBA cart or CycloDS cart. from CycloDS cart boot GBA cart in DS mode. I don't see what the issue is? with other carts you have to remove them to boot in GBA mode, with the CDSE you simply press the screen at the DS main menu.

To boot from CDSE menu to GBA mode would require a hardboot which returns you to the DS main menu.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MadBob said:
euphemism said:
MadBob said:

Boot the DS, decide whether to boot GBA cart or CycloDS cart. from CycloDS cart boot GBA cart in DS mode. I don't see what the issue is? with other carts you have to remove them to boot in GBA mode, with the CDSE you simply press the screen at the DS main menu.

To boot from CDSE menu to GBA mode would require a hardboot which returns you to the DS main menu.

He is wanting to boot GBA games with the Evolution, or boot a slot-2 in GBA mode. Not saying there is any point, as you have pointed out that the Evolution boots to the DS menu.

TheTalentedMrRip

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LOL,it's not an issue atall...

Look, for example: i'm playing a DS game on the DSTT and when i wanna quit playing DS games, i softreset the DSTT, then choose the gba mode to boot up my slot-2 m3 perfect.

If i choose the passme mode instead. i'll end up booting the M3 perfect in DS mode, wich i don't want since i had already booted the DSTT in the first place for DS games...

Sure, you can boot the gba slot on the DS's own menu instead of the CycloDS, but like i said before, i was playing DS games on the CycloDS already, and want to go to the M3 gba menu from there instead.

And YES, GBAswitch takes care of it perfectly...

I merely suggested that i'd like a gba mode added to the CycloDS options menu... sjeez dudes what's all the fuss about, get a grip lol!!

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheTalentedMrRipley said:
LOL,it's not an issue atall...

Look, for example: i'm playing a DS game on the DSTT and when i wanna quit playing DS games, i softreset the DSTT, then choose the gba mode to boot up my slot-2 m3 perfect.

If i choose the passme mode instead. i'll end up booting the M3 perfect in DS mode, wich i don't want since i had already booted the DSTT in the first place for DS games...

Sure, you can boot the gba slot on the DS's own menu instead of the CycloDS, but like i said before, i was playing DS games on the CycloDS already, and want to go to the M3 gba menu from there instead.

And YES, GBAswitch takes care of it perfectly...

I merely suggested that i'd like a gba mode added to the CycloDS options menu... sjeez dudes what's all the fuss about, get a grip lol!!
I agree I dont have a slot 2 device yet. Suggestions are a good thing to keep pushing Team Cyclo to making better things! (and now that RTS is done, I'm sure they have lots more in store for us
smile.gif
). I'm sure your suggestion is in the works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY...