thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I wouldn't work for Nintendo because...

A) I have a soul
B) I actually care about the establishment of gaming more than money
thats right but even if you could get secrets and things like that from them for GBAtemp
unsure.gif
?

Posts merged

Satangel said:
QUOTE(kalmis @ Jul 9 2009, 12:58 PM) People talking about sharing Ninty's secrets and dumping their roms if they would work for them. You would want to loose your work because of 5mins of internet fame, huh. During these times?

Not only fired, probably a big-ass fine too. You'll have to work your entire life for then and then you're children too
lecture.gif
wowow is reallly that bad
unsure.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thebigboss14 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

A) I have a soul
thats right but even if you could get secrets and things like that from them for GBAtemp
unsure.gif
?

Posts merged

Satangel said:
QUOTE(kalmis @ Jul 9 2009, 12:58 PM) People talking about sharing Ninty's secrets and dumping their roms if they would work for them. You would want to loose your work because of 5mins of internet fame, huh. During these times?

Not only fired, probably a big-ass fine too. You'll have to work your entire life for then and then you're children too
lecture.gif
wowow is reallly that bad
unsure.gif

That's how I would do it
evil.gif

No, that's just logic. When you dump that game, especially a few days before it officialy comes out, that company is losing millions!
They will want some of that money back.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I probably would work for Nintendo so I can design games that don't suck up to the casual crowd. Say hello to Star Fox 3 and F-Zero WiiX!

Also so I can find whoever came up with the "skip levels if they're too hard" design and club them to death with a lead pipe.

Oh yeah, I can also find the contract agreements between Nintendo and Ubisoft and burn them! NO MORE IMAGINE GAMES YAY!

thebigboss14

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Actually, I probably would work for Nintendo so I can design games that don't suck up to the casual crowd. Say hello to Star Fox 3 and F-Zero WiiX!

Also so I can find whoever came up with the "skip levels if they're too hard" design and club them to death with a lead pipe.

Oh yeah, I can also find the contract agreements between Nintendo and Ubisoft and burn them! NO MORE IMAGINE GAMES YAY!
jajajajajaja
laugh.gif
I would like to design some more games and make more remakes of good games or even continue old games that had potential.
yaynds.gif
rolleyes.gif

thebigboss14

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
That's how I would do it evil.gif
No, that's just logic. When you dump that game, especially a few days before it officialy comes out, that company is losing millions!
thats for sure, they could even do something worse than that
cry.gif
ohmy.gif
blink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebigboss14 said:
QUOTE said:
cry.gif
ohmy.gif
blink.gif

It's Nintendo. They have enough money. They've already sold 50million Wii units worldwide. And 100million DS units (Phat, Lite, and DSi). I think they'll be fine if you leak one or two important games (*cough* SMG2 *cough*)

thebigboss14

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
thebigboss14 said:
QUOTE said:
cry.gif
ohmy.gif
blink.gif

It's Nintendo. They have enough money. They've already sold 50million Wii units worldwide. And 100million DS units (Phat, Lite, and DSi). I think they'll be fine if you leak one or two important games (*cough* SMG2 *cough*)
jajajajaja I would like to do some leak they dont need more money they already have billions with nice mansions, luxury cars and all that crap they dont need to worry about a tiny leak XD
laugh.gif

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

A) I have a soul

I agree, this is exactly how I view Nintendo. If they would change their greedy ways, then I would put some thought into it. Even then, it would probably be 'no'.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tylerxian said:
I agree, this is exactly how I view Nintendo. If they would change their greedy ways, then I would put some thought into it. Even then, it would probably be 'no'.

Nintendo is a business and ultimately they are out to make a proft for their share holders. All companies have the same goal in mind while keeping a good PR image. Unless of course they are a non-profit organisation or a charity.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thebigboss14 said:
Your are right Edhel but I think the Nintendo's Interests are far for just giving their money to their share holders. They want power around the world getting more money everytime trying to monopolized the market just like Microsoft did on PCs.

Of course they do. Having a monopoly and more power equals more money for their company, which means more profit.
wink.gif

thebigboss14

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
thebigboss14 said:
Your are right Edhel but I think the Nintendo's Interests are far for just giving their money to their share holders. They want power around the world getting more money every time trying to monopolized the market just like Microsoft did on PCs.

Of course they do. Having a monopoly and more power equals more money for their company, which means more profit.
wink.gif
for sure you got my point that's all they one is weird that Nintendo hasn't used any dirty strategies like Microsoft did or they did? because I don't know any.
unsure.gif

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no 'Already have' answer on the poll.
wink.gif

I was a CSR rep for their call center back in 1999-2000. How could you NOT want to work for ANY video game company is beyond me.

The rumors are true, you DO get your own Nintendo system of choice and TV in your own cubicle, they also had a library-like checkout counter towards the break rooms where you could rent out ANY released title for ANY Nintendo system (1 at a time tho, but you could even bring the game home with you as well).

Speaking of break rooms, they had arcade machines all lined up all set to free play as well. When I was there they had a Neo-Geo MVS cab, Darkstalkers, NFL Blitz 99, Robotron, Radar Scope, Dr. Mario and some system kiosks (where Tetris Attack was played religiously). And one of the break areas allowed SMOKING (I highly doubt that's the case nowadays, with new laws and all).

Across the skybridge was the other building with corporate offices, Cafe Mario, World of Nintendo Museum and store. But on the way you walked through the Nintendo Power editorial offices (I would often see the staff working on magazine artwork, and at the time play Pokemon Stadium for N64, 3 months before it was even on the shelves).

The work itself was mundane, but the environment more than made up for the repetitive calls from kids asking about MissingNo in Pokemon, or angry mothers who couldn't find a GameBoy Color for the holiday season (I didn't really grasp at how in demand it was until I started working there).

I could go on and on, with the many crazy calls I've had (like the mother I guided on hooking up her N64 to a TV, and while she turned her TV set, it promptly fell and shattered, LOL), meeting up with game testers (who would often spark up bowls outside before going back in for hours of repetitive level playing, I could see how weed would help
tongue.gif
), and all the free swag I acquired (NP Strategy Guides, even a free N64 system for just working there for 3 months).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, some people are interested in the prospect of dumping unreleased games while working there. I can assure you that it's IMPOSSIBLE. Every single prerelease/beta game is literally LOCKED into it's own console. They're checked out under your employment badge (if you're authorized), so even if you did manage to sneak the whole console out the front door past the 3 security guards working the desk, they still know who has it.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JohnnyCheeks said:
I could go on and on, with the many crazy calls I've had (like the mother I guided on hooking up her N64 to a TV, and while she turned her TV set, it promptly fell and shattered, LOL), meeting up with game testers (who would often spark up bowls outside before going back in for hours of repetitive level playing, I could see how weed would help
tongue.gif
), and all the free swag I acquired (NP Strategy Guides, even a free N64 system for just working there for 3 months).

Sounds like it was fun overall. Just curious why you stopped working there after only 3 months.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Sounds like it was fun overall. Just curious why you stopped working there after only 3 months.

I was just a lowly temp. They commonly hire more people for just the holiday seasons. The first 2 months were just day in and day out of call after call after call. The last month slowed to a trickle (and allowed me to master Mischief Makers during that time heh).

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thebigboss14 said:
your explanation makes Nintendo the gamers' dream place to work and BTW how did you get there like you just applied like any normal game company or you took some course of any sort to get there?

It was actually through a temp agency. It's just like applying for any other job. The ads the agencies put out can't reference the company by name usually, but if you happen to live in the Seattle/Redmond area, and find a job listing that describes the position as "consumer support for a notable game company in the Redmond area", then that's more than likely the gig (unless it's Microsoft, which ironically is like 2 blocks away from Nintendo's HQ, but I dunno if they have their call centers in the same place).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging