Hacking Would you still own a DS if the Flash carts or ROMs didn't exist?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, what do you think we did for the 2 years before a good flash card finally came out?
yaynds.gif

shajal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea why not i mean ds is good as a psp and its actully faster then psp with loading games. yeah i would keep my ds if there was no ds flash carts besides i had my ds since it came out and i have both the phat and lite

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.

S'aaaall about the games, not whether you're getting them for free. And to be perfectly honest, the homebrew side of DS hasn't excited me all that much, so yeah I'd still own one even if I didn't have my G6.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Would you still own a DS or DS Lite if the following things didn't exist?:

1. DS mode compatible Flash carts
2. DS mode homebrew games or apps
Not quite the question you were asking, but to the above I can answer: absolutely not. I might have picked up a DS to play through Zelda, but after that it would have been put back onto the used market. The "nintendo seal of approval" is not what it used to be, unfortunately - but dual ARM processors that you can tinker with sure kicks butt on any sort of "casual game" (aka: development ends after level one and the menus because the intent seems to be serializing the experience of buying the same things repetitively at non-value priced levels) they are churning out by the boatload for the DS.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would still get an NDS, but I wouldn't get one that early if it weren't for flashcarts. I'd probably wait for a much later time where I can get it for a decent price and buy/borrow used games.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nop. unfortunately i don't have too much money for games >.< and personally, the flashkart won me over. if such a thing didn't exist, i would have gotten the psp.

even if downloadable roms didn't exist, homebrew, mp3, and videos r awesome!

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. I bought a flashcart as an enhancement for my DS. I'll be totally honest though and say that I wouldn't have my Sega Saturn if it wasn't chipped or my SNES if I didn't have the backup unit.

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, the DS has some amazing games, but flashcarts made carrying multiple game much easier and the bonus features like slow-mo and cheats. I bought the DS because there was already several great game out. I didn't what to buy the DS at first because of how in a few months a new version of the system would come out. Happen when I bought the GBA and later they released the GBASP. I still have the GBA with some games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1