Hacking Would these be good MicroSD cards to get?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As other people have said those are most likely fake.
I have around 60 games on a 64 GB SanDisk Ultra card that's in my GW, with space left over, and a bunch of those games I don't really play and could easily remove if I needed more space. A few of those are eShop games which generally don't take as much space. For me that's the perfect size card, I can put anything I want on and not have to worry about space. 128 would be overkill honestly and 128 GB cards are still rather pricy.
SanDisk Ultra are great cards and I definitely recommend them. Samsung Evo are great as well.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    713.6 KB · Views: 157

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Ordered. Can't have enough of these.

Pisses me off though my Evo just arrived in the mail this morning. Maybe I will return the Evo and get another of these.

yeah those are very nice I get insane reads and writes on my wife iMac with the 32gb pro but not on my PC

just return the evo and get another one

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah those are very nice I get insane reads and writes on my wife iMac with the 32gb pro but not on my PC

just return the evo and get another one
Can't. it won't let me change the quantity or order again at the same price. Maybe it was a limit of 1.

plus the fact that 'tis bullcrap for a gateway 3ds in the first place
This whole exchange is going way over my head. 512MB???

Those are fake. They're 8gb cards disguiesed as 128gb. They don't work after you're 5gb in.
Clearly they are at that price. What I don't understand is how they get away with this on eBay. Wouldn't thier seller rating take a nose dive selling this crap?

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't. it won't let me change the quantity or order again at the same price. Maybe it was a limit of 1.

This whole exchange is going way over my head. 512MB???

Clearly they are at that price. What I don't understand is how they get away with this on eBay. Wouldn't thier seller rating take a nose dive selling this crap?

I thought 512MB was a joke so I replied him. Then he called me a fool. Apparently he edited his post and deleted the "fool" part, but he is still very rude.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Generating a good ebay rating is not hard as you could literally sell beads to people and get 100k+ positive reviews. That's what happened with the "$100 cheap PSVita/3DS consoles" near launch days. People bought them in bulk from sellers who had their feedback from selling beads. Guess who got beads instead of consoles? :P

Lesson of the story: if it's too good to be true, it usually is. Unless it's a known store directly.

Reactions: thorasgar

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? We're fighting about this?

$15 FREE S&H 32GB Micro SD w/adpater:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EK1F02201

Try to stay away from SDXC cards.

Make sure they are CLASS 10

32GB = roughly $15-20

64GB = roughly $30-35

128GB= roughly $55-60
128GB Micro = ouch, $90-100

Again, SDXC causes more problems than it solves. Your read write times from a PC don't matter. The Gateway and Sky3DS really can't do much as far as performance SDs, so just keep them basic class 10.

3DS isn't really a high performance phone or computer, so again, no need for "SUPER ULTIMATE BLAZING FAST EXPENSIVE POOP-HOLE SHOOTING SDX51.2ABC CARD"

Brand really doesn't matter. I see more people complaining about SDXC cards than any real complaints about brands.

Color... well, black, right? So SCT or PNY, you're good.

Don't go spending more than you have to. Most problems have more to do with adapters and USB readers. But most Gateways and Sky3DS and even the DSTWO came bundled by retailers with micro USB readers which worked just fine.

Newegg is best...
Amazon is sketchy...
Ebay is hardcore dangerous and cheap...
Bestbuy is lazy... but hey, you got it today and you only spent how much on gas?

Stop wasting your money. It's so... so...

jimmyfallon.gif.gif

...American.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? We're fighting about this?

$15 FREE S&H 32GB Micro SD w/adpater:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EK1F02201

Try to stay away from SDXC cards.

Make sure they are CLASS 10

32GB = roughly $15-20

64GB = roughly $30-35

128GB= roughly $55-60
128GB Micro = ouch, $90-100

Again, SDXC causes more problems than it solves. Your read write times from a PC don't matter. The Gateway and Sky3DS really can't do much as far as performance SDs, so just keep them basic class 10.

3DS isn't really a high performance phone or computer, so again, no need for "SUPER ULTIMATE BLAZING FAST EXPENSIVE POOP-HOLE SHOOTING SDX51.2ABC CARD"

Brand really doesn't matter. I see more people complaining about SDXC cards than any real complaints about brands.

Color... well, black, right? So SCT or PNY, you're good.

Don't go spending more than you have to. Most problems have more to do with adapters and USB readers. But most Gateways and Sky3DS and even the DSTWO came bundled by retailers with micro USB readers which worked just fine.

Newegg is best...
Amazon is sketchy...
Ebay is hardcore dangerous and cheap...
Bestbuy is lazy... but hey, you got it today and you only spent how much on gas?

Stop wasting your money. It's so... so...

jimmyfallon.gif.gif

...American.
Care to show me a 64GB or larger micro SD card that is not SDXC?

You can't becuase there is no such animal per the specs at Sdcard.org which is the organization that creates the standards.

I do agree with many of your points but you warn to stay away from SDXC but then go on to list prices of SDXC cards.

It is also true the Nintendo does not consider SDXC cards compatible with the 3DS or New 3DS although many have not had any problems with using them.

I would argue the read and write times do matter. They matter to me and many others, we value our time.

While we agree most problems are caused by faulty readers and adapters I have not had one microSD reader come bundled with a flashcard that lasted more than month. They go straight to the circular filing cabnit. Adapters have been better, but they still fail fequently.

Given the life expectancy of a Sd card is ten years under normal use and few expect even to New 3DS to be around for more than 3 years I don't view having the flexibility to use my cards with other devices as a negative.

If you really think brand and therefor component and build quality don't matter....I wish you the best buying cheap electronics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-