Hardware Would Nintendo fix my 3ds xl even though I tried to fix it?

Mango Katt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically hinge broke then the top lcd didn't came one but the bottom lcd came on then one day it stop coming on all together then I pulled apart and saw that the top lcd ribbon was tore so I replace that and both screens won't come on.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically hinge broke then the top lcd didn't came one but the bottom lcd came on then one day it stop coming on all together then I pulled apart and saw that the top lcd ribbon was tore so I replace that and both screens won't come on.
I see. Personally I'd just send it and at least see what they say. Don't have any first hand experience from Nintendo repairs so if you want more information, let's hope someone who has experience will post ^^

Last edited by Shadowfied,
Reactions: Mango Katt

Mango Katt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you opened it, they will send it back to you as is.

Personal experience or they have on their website? I checked and I didn't see it

Last edited by Mango Katt,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
if you opened it, they will send it back to you as is.

Personal experience or they have on their website?
Well, there's been a few posts here about that. They can and will find out if you've tampered with the system (opened it).

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they should be able to tell by scratches on screws and if the cable isn't actually the original one etc.
an does it even still have warranty?
just buy a new one. you may be able to sell the old one for 20 bucks on ebay.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never opened my 3DS, but does it even have a "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED" or anything in order to open it?
ive had nintendo fix things for free years after the warranty had run out that they believed was a defect on their part.
but even still under warranty if they can tell it has been tempered with its going to cost you.
i had a problem with a ds i tried to fix myself it ended up being a few dollars cheaper to buy a used one even better once i sold my broken one for $30

Reactions: Blue

Mango Katt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they should be able to tell by scratches on screws and if the cable isn't actually the original one etc.
just buy a new one. you may be able to sell the old one for 20 bucks on ebay

I won't be able to transfer $65.00 worth of games on the new 3ds xl. And because Nintendo close down Club Nintendo. I can't bring up those games

Last edited by Mango Katt,

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
just buy a new one. you may be able to sell the old one for 20 bucks on ebay

I won't be able to transfer $65.00 worth of games on the new 3ds xl. And because Nintendo close down Club Nintendo. I can't bring up those games

From what I experience right now:
- the cheapest way to get your games back if you have another console is to use their email dedicated to Nintendo accounts unlinking (in France: nnid@nintendo.fr ). They will do it for free if you give your account datas (name and password) then you can link it yourself to your other 3DS.
- if you really want to repair your broken console, you have to send it to them. They will examine it then determinate what needs to be done, send you an email about the price if the 1year garantie is expired (for an electronic problem, it is around 60€ for an old 3DS or 2DS). You can accept it or refuse it, it will then cost you around 13€.
- I myself wanted to transfer from a broken console to a new one the SD datas, but it must go through the reparation of the broken one as well.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-