Homebrew Would it be possible to make a Online music client for the 3DS

donkeykongoffical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to make an online music streaming app for the 3DS such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Pandora, etc, right now i use 3DShell and ctrmus to listen to my music but it would be nice if there was a 3DS music client as an alternative to playing MP3,OGG,WAV, etc locally through the two apps. Edit:if someone actually managed to get spotify will run like trash and is absolutely impossible

Last edited by donkeykongoffical,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You could run a web server on your home network, put your music on it, and stream it through the web browser. You can get a no-ip or OpenDNS domain so you don't have to type in your IP every time you want to access it. Might only work for N3DSs, though. I don't think O3DSs have the HTML5 player.

Last edited by Joom,

donkeykongoffical

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could run a web server on your home network, put your music on it, and stream it through the web browser. You can get a no-ip or OpenDNS domain so you don't have to type in your IP every time you want to access it. Might only work for N3DSs, though. I don't think O3DSs have the HTML5 player.
I have a n2ds and a n3ds so i'm good to go with that

Last edited by donkeykongoffical,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I Have a N2DSxl and a new 3DSso im good to go with that
https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html

You only need the Apache part of this. You'll set that up, put your music in the folder you declare your web root, and browse to your PC's IP in the 3DS browser. And like I said, you can optionally obtain a dynamic DNS (they're free, don't worry), and this will allow you to access your web server through a domain instead of your IP. This will also make it easier for accessing your server when you're outside of your network. Just make sure you run Apache on port 8080, and that you have that port forwarded on your router if you plan to access it outside of your network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative