Would it be possible to generate streetpass hits?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kiefer, May 19, 2014.

1. kiefer
    OP

kiefer Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2013
    Could homebrew software be released that generates streetpass visits?

2. potato3334

potato3334 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    California
    maybe

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Is the current streetpass relay stuff not good enough for what you need?

As for straight up generation... I do not know actually. Were I to set it up I would probably use a basic level of security that makes it hard unless you have the firmware 4.5 hack levels of access. Nintendo have been repeatedly demonstrated to not do well at this network security thing though.

4. kiefer
    OP

kiefer Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2013

Sorry, I mean't for gateway users.

5. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    @OP, I suppose it MIGHT be possible. You will have to have 4.x type of full system access, Smealum's SSSpwn ain't going to do jack for this particular area of hacking.

I'd imagine this is entirely doable, but the time frame for it is slightly under an eternity, its simply not a priority. Those new 3ds hackers are focused on other stuff at the moment. There just isn't enough 3ds hackers at the moment for any of them to focus on this rather "trivial" hack (since there is something called homepass at the moment).

My post should sum up the reasons why no one is going to work on a homebrew streetpass generator. The root of the problem currently is that there are people disabling ready/easy access to 4.x exploit. Sure, there are other hurdles in place but those are secondary hurdles.

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Anyone not seeing a glaring problem? Street passes in general contain extra information about the user I.e mii data, last played game etc, then when it comes to actually using them in games they need street pass enabled for that game too and then that info comes with it's own bunch of data which changes depending on which game it is for, I don't think that kinda stuff could just be randomly created by the 3ds which would likely mean you would need to have a copy of the info you want then force feed it to the 3ds.....whilst it might be possible, it's the kinda thing that happens once everything else has been done and people are just looking for things to do

7. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Your last bit is kinda what I said. This is of a really low priority.

The thing is, to generate streepass hits, it doesn't really matter i guess. You can fix the last played game, fix the mii, you just need to randomize the 3ds user name. As for the game specific street pass data, you can fix that too, enable it for all known streetpass games. So in essence, all that needs to be randomized is the mii user name.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Yeah but games would want the info for the pass to be valid.....I.e a link between worlds needs to know the players health and what items they picked for street pass......and that data varies from game to game, you could probably do a default template for each game, but still it seems a bit long winded when homepass etc exists