6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logo.pngCloudia_1_English.png

This project is port over the official English translation Flyhight Cloudia 1 made for android/ios (Which has now been delisted from all app stores) to g-mode Archives port for the Nintendo Switch and PC

For those not in the know "Flyhight Cloudia 1" is the first game in a jrpg released in 2004 and published by g-mode. The game and it's three sequels would also later receive ports for modern systems such as the Nintendo Switch and PC/Steam through g-mode's game archive project.

The plot of Flyhight Cloudia 1 is:
"The story takes place in Cloudia, a world where islands float among a sea of clouds.

Under orders of the king, Raynus, Cavalry Vessel Lieutenant of the Kaiserschult Empire, sets off to gain control of Vardelzein Island along with his close friend Lonard.

Raynus and Lonard execute a surprise attack on the island security command post. Reinas successfully subdues it but is angered by the massacre of civilians at the hands of the king's military forces, and clashes with Lonard. Accused of treason, Raynus flees and becomes a fugitive of the Kaiserschult's army.

Raynus is rescued by Bernheim and Nia who happened to be in the area, and they head to the magical kingdom of Saint Mira by airship where he meets Hunt and Weiss.

Along with the others, Raynus prevents the Kaiserschult invasion of Saint Mira, where after he is allowed an audience before the king of Saint Mira. There he learns of the suspicious rumors surrounding the king of Kaisershult, as well the existence of a so-called "airgate."

Raynus and the others set out to investigate the Holy Tower of Ptrequis which holds the key to the airgate. Our story continues from there."

I have the extracted the official english script from the android port I am looking for a lead programmer that can help me port the script to the g-mode archive Nintendo Switch port.

If interested please comment on this post or PM me, Help is very much appreciated
I will handle the translation and modification of in-game graphics.

Last edited by 6Kyojin4,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
View attachment 328773

This post is NOT an announcement of an announcement of an ongoing project, but is instead to gauge the interest of the general romhacking community as to whether there are any experienced programmers and translators that would be interested in starting/joining a group to translate the game "Flyhight Cloudia 1" into English.

For those not in the know "Flyhight Cloudia 1" is a mobile exclusive Japan only rpg release in 2004 and published by g-mode. The game and it's three sequels would later receive ports for modern systems such as the Nintendo Switch and PC/Steam through g-mode's game archive project.

The plot of Flyhight Cloudia 1 is:
"The story takes place in Cloudia, a world where islands float among a sea of clouds.

Under orders of the king, Raynus, Cavalry Vessel Lieutenant of the Kaiserschult Empire, sets off to gain control of Vardelzein Island along with his close friend Lonard.

Raynus and Lonard execute a surprise attack on the island security command post. Reinas successfully subdues it but is angered by the massacre of civilians at the hands of the king's military forces, and clashes with Lonard. Accused of treason, Raynus flees and becomes a fugitive of the Kaiserschult's army.

Raynus is rescued by Bernheim and Nia who happened to be in the area, and they head to the magical kingdom of Saint Mira by airship where he meets Hunt and Weiss.

Along with the others, Raynus prevents the Kaiserschult invasion of Saint Mira, where after he is allowed an audience before the king of Saint Mira. There he learns of the suspicious rumors surrounding the king of Kaisershult, as well the existence of a so-called "airgate."

Raynus and the others set out to investigate the Holy Tower of Ptrequis which holds the key to the airgate. Our story continues from there."

If any programmers or translators would be interested in starting/joining a group to translate Flyhight Cloudia 1 into english then please sound off in the comments, so that others know you're interested in this topic and maybe want to join in translating the game.
I personally am interested in seeing this game translated, but sadly the only skill I could provide to a team would be my graphic deign skill since I only know the basics of C++.
So you're joining as project leader and graphics editor?
I can try to help technically (text + texture conversion) if translator will show up.

Reactions: 6Kyojin4

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: found out FlyHight Cloudia 1 received an official English Localization for the game's now delisted android port. Luckily I found a working apk hopefully I can find a way to extract the English script from this android port

Screenshot_20221201-165922.png

Reactions: da4ybz9f

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're joining as project leader and graphics editor?
I can try to help technically (text + texture conversion) if translator will show up.
I have a complete English Script ready. Does your offer still stand if so contact through PM or discord

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo