Gaming Worst game you've bought on the Switch

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed thumper, had a nice difficulty and definitely has some nice replay value and great visuals.... but for a rhythm game the music is so bland and has zero variety, literally youll just hear the same scifi sound effects in the backgrounds and the beats just get faster, if you heard the music in the first level thats pretty much what youll hear for all the other levels

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have BotW and MK8, so I guess MK8 is my worst Switch game so far (least played). I'm grabbing SMB Odysee Friday if I'm able (but not from e-shop. Cart or bust).

Last edited by urherenow,

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pick for worst game is VOEZ, I LOVE rhythm games, like I play on the oni difficulty in taiko no tasujin on the regular, but this game was pretty lackluster in its design. Theres zero feedback when you hit a note so you never really feel like youre contributing to the music(by this i mean theres zero sound that comes out of getting a note right, like when you hit a drum in taiko a sound is made, theres no sound indicating that it refistered your input), even if you miss a lot of notes nothing even matters because its impossible to lose on a song so it doesnt feel as good getting through a really hard song because of this, unlike in say project mirai where you have an HP bar and you barely made it through a really hard song with a little bit of HP left THAT feels good. Another thing is that the notes for the music in the higher levels are lazily placed, the notes are questionable in the higher levels because sometimes it doesnt even follow the beat correctly and it feels like they just placed the notes by keysmashing. Theres a lot of music in here and youre definitely getting a good deal compared to buying all the music on ios (itll cost like $100+ to get all songs on ios compared to $25 to get all songs on switch) ) Has some nice music though a lot of them sound alike honsetly, not a terrible game by any means but I do see it as my worst purchase on the switch

Reactions: Kourin

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
I think htey should go for a Super Metroid feel like Prime 1 was, isolation has always been where the fanbase likes it the best imo. Or they can surprise us with a story heavy metroid that's actually good. I'd be surprised

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Only game I really regret is Fast Racing RMX, got it to kill my itch for a racing game on the Switch before Mario Kart but it wasn't as good as I had expected.
Though not a bad game, I bought Blaster Master Zero and still haven't finished it-

I was gonna buy that Touhou game on Switch but it's reviewing really poorly so I don't want to waste money on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: