WORST flashcard(s) of 2010 so far

do you think is the WORSE flashcard of 2010 (Post Reasons Why)

• Acekard (2.1/RPG/2i)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CycloDS

• DSTT(i)

• EZ-Flash Vi

• G6 DSReal

• iEDGE

• iTouch2

• M3i Zero

• R4i (& clones)

• Supercard DSOne

• Other (please specify in post)

• Total voters

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
DS-Extreme still holds the record for outright hyping their product, lying about it, insulting their own customers and then flat out abandoning them. Anybody that is claiming otherwise and votes for something else--even the R4--is just ignorant and wrong.

The only question is whether the DS-X is applicable as "worst flash cart of 2010" since it hasn't been a viable product for years. Hell, it wasn't even viable for the last couple years of its own lifespan.

I agree.

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dangy said:
The DSTT, has fairly good updates, and it gets the job done.
This is true, and if there are complaints, it should be considering how cheap the cart actually is. Although in my experience, there have been a lot of errors regarding homebrew with the DSTT. Patched (translated) games need to be repatched inorder for the DSTT to read it, and it can't play Contra4 if I'm not mistaken? It's a good cart all in all, but naturally due to it's price, it's quality will be behind. Also the lag from scrolling through a lot of games can get pretty annoying :/

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
The DS-Xtreme is by far the worst possible DS flashcard. Yes, I used to use a 2GB model of one, (before I got a CycloDS) and I still have it. Terrible support, hard to lock in DS slot, hardly any games worked, long loading times, no features (cheats, etc.) and a redictulas (google spell check sucks) price.

Remember kids, spend $120+ for only homebrew!

The Ds-X is already outmatch in homebrew.
ph34r.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who the shit voted Acekard, M3, or CycloDS?

R4i(Clones) - M3 DS Simply.
Reason: Firmware & hardware was VERY similar to the R4, which sucked. Replaced by an AK2.1

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My votes go to the M3i Zero, and the R4 clones.
It's pretty damn obvious that the R4 brand is saturated by fakes, some might work, but there are many that don't. As for those that do, they don't do anything that a good, current flashcart can.

I've had bad experiences with the M3i Zero, the first that I ordered was shipped with a faulty USB cable. That meant I had to order a second one, just to flash the damn flashcards.
Once that was done, the Sakura Firmware proved to be not totally reliable. Moonshell 2 is fantastic, but something about Sakura felt haphazard.
But I could overlook that if the gameplay were better. Games performance was actually quite poor, something like a video in Megaman Battle Network 5 would play awfully slowly. Unacceptable.

Now, that was quite a while ago though, so maybe if I were to update my twin M3is and try them again, they wouldn't be so bad.
But honestly, right now I'm more inclined to just sell them.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
most of the r4 and DSTT

why? they are not official supported...
they should just die for good
so gbatemp can be a little cleaner from those
QUOTE said:
this game is not working for r4.... or DSTT
i want patch

next reason... r4 is overused/spammed by those greedy idiots to cheat the consumer's money!!!!
chinese government should gun them
tongue.gif

another reason... r4 just killed many other good things!
so r4 should die for good
including those r4 forums they are just behaving like a bunch of r4 clones
love stealing... copying .. selfpraise and can't self sustain....
this is the reason many of them had dropped their support for ds scene!
including me...

r4 is just a BAD VIBE!!! bad for the future generations!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...