"World’s Largest 3DTV" Crown-Wearer Now Is Samsung.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
samsung75inch3dtv.jpg

Samsung has a 3DTV that's almost as wide as the average bent-knee, platform shoe-wearing young Korean woman. That's big! 75-inches diagonally, in fact. The D9500 Smart TV will be propping up Korean walls first, and US walls from August for around $13,000.

You've got to feel sorry for LG and all those 72-inch 3DTVs they've been pumping out, really. The D9500 has all of Samsung's usual Smart TV features (widgets galore!) and will come with a QWERTY keyboard for surfing the net, and four pairs of active shutter glasses. The blue dress is not included.[/p]

Source

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Surely I'm not the only one that thinks anyone who buys this is an idiot. The technology hasn't been that solid yet. Heck it might not even be a success. The fact that the glasses themselves come at a price (last time I've browsed 3DTVs was last Christmas so correct me if I'm wrong) is just a no-no... It's like buying a TV that can only be viewed at a specific angle.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As great as 3D tvs are, I would not bother with any of these glasses required tvs, when we know the glassesless 3D tvs are just around the corner.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Haha I'm fine with my 20inch SUPRA SD TV used to play Wii, the other TV I have at my living room is a 36inch JVC Flatscreen Standard Definition, no HD stuff at my home. Nope.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Haha I'm fine with my 20inch SUPRA SD TV used to play Wii, the other TV I have at my living room is a 36inch JVC Flatscreen Standard Definition, no HD stuff at my home. Nope.

wow poor you, i feel even sorry for peeps who have to play ps3 on a crt screen, that must be torture XD

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
duffmmann said:
As great as 3D tvs are, I would not bother with any of these glasses required tvs, when we know the glassesless 3D tvs are just around the corner.

on top of that 3dtvs are only affordable to the extremely rich your average joe can't afford one of these, maybe glasses free tvs will take off when it's more affordable to everyone else, for now i am happy with my sony braiva, i may get a LED tv when the bravia breaks but that is about it.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
jalaneme said:
SamAsh07 said:

wow poor you, i feel even sorry for peeps who have to play ps3 on a crt screen, that must be torture XD
Lol not "poor" exactly, it's just that nowadays technology is moving too fast, HD TVs overshadowed by 3D ones and then 3D ones over-shadowed by glasses-free 3D TVs that are about to come (or already came :wtf:), so I can't be bothered to change to something new when a better one will arrive in like 2 months...meh. Might stick to these until tech speed dies down abit.

The other major reason being, I'm through with TVs, just can't stand them anymore, to watch movies Cinema it is. Gaming is mostly on hand-helds and other free time spent on laptop or with family/friends so...yeah. Wii has been rusting for months now.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
jalaneme said:
SamAsh07 said:

Lol not "poor" exactly, it's just that nowadays technology is moving too fast, HD TVs overshadowed by 3D ones and then 3D ones over-shadowed by glasses-free 3D TVs that are about to come (or already came :wtf:), so I can't be bothered to change to something new when a better one will arrive in like 2 months...meh. Might stick to these until tech speed dies down abit.

The other major reason being, I'm through with TVs, just can't stand them anymore, to watch movies Cinema it is. Gaming is mostly on hand-helds and other free time spent on laptop or with family/friends so...yeah. Wii has been rusting for months now.

yep i am the same, my tv is only used for gaming mainly i hardly watch terrestrial tv don't even ask me about my wii... that is why i would buy a led tv if my bravia broke down and leave it at that, 3d is not something that is a priory to me, only a novelty.

seriously man i haven't been to the cinema in years because these days it is so expensive that must cost you a bit.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Overkill, nuff said.

The price is crazy, but it is what it is. Most houses don't have a room big enough to keep a TV like that without sitting too close, even a 50 inch is too big for some people.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Samsung and Panasonic easily make the best tv's in the world, no doubt about it.

It is a beautiful tv, but the lady got my attention. She comes with the TV right? Just no blue dress. I can live with that.

Just a shame that those types of tv's you will never see in person or have in your own home, especially at $13,000.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
jalaneme said:
yep i am the same, my tv is only used for gaming mainly i hardly watch terrestrial tv don't even ask me about my wii... that is why i would buy a led tv if my bravia broke down and leave it at that, 3d is not something that is a priory to me, only a novelty.

seriously man i haven't been to the cinema in years because these days it is so expensive that must cost you a bit.

Well I don't watch every movie, only specific ones, like Fast & Furious series, Pirates, Transformers, Narnia (well only the first 2 parts, 3rd one sucked more, so I heard) etc..

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[insert statement to the tune of stereoscopy is for rich idiots]

For that kind of money I could find several very high end projectors that do the job just as well if not better and have enough funds left over to buy a nice motorbike. Granted glasses would still be needed but polarised lens are considerably less hassle than shutter stuff.

"and will come with a QWERTY keyboard for surfing the net"

That kind of money and that is a selling point......

Right that settles it- I am calling myself a high end TV home multimedia experience engineer as of tomorrow.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would only care if it was glasses free 3D that was EFFECTIVE. I've seen demos of 3D TVs, and the stuff barely even looks 3D.

If it had the same 3D potential as, say, the 3DS (which has great 3D depth), then I'd care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o