• Likes 4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
just a scam to jack up the prices of coco beans , and to try and sell you on some GMO coco beans or some other synthetic chocolate shit.
Just on the side note, what's wrong with enhancing a plant to withstand weather conditions, germs, parasites or other hazards by equipping it with natural defense systems that it will develop itself? What would you rather do - spray lethal chemicals over a field which produce run-off waste, polute the Earth, decrease the quality of the soil for future plants that will grow on it and generally de-stabilize the environment or teach the plant to defend itself from threats by giving it features which will nullify the threat without being harmful to the consumer? You're sounding a lot like those people in the 1950'ties who feared that microwaves will make their children grow additional heads due to "the terrible radiation!". Get on with the times and embrace science - it's good for you, it has been enhancing your life since the dawn of mankind.

rPMxqUa.png

mr. fancypants

that´s ´Sir´ for you!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Milk chocolate will always be there, even if there's no cocoa trees. But, sadly, legit 75-95% dark chocolate is in danger, which is the only healthy one out there. Sad news.

that s the tastiest one

onaway lets create a topic to *kuch* help to poeple by finding a solution cuz´nobody wants that there wil be no chocolate anymore

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I watched the video... and? The only semi-disgusting part of it was the speaker attempting to give the impression that he's being sick.

That's just an example, there are better ones of foods that are processed in ways that would make ppl sick thinking about it. Sawdust is mixed in cheddar cheese, Milk helped made by processed calf stomaches, Duck feathers and human hair cooked down into amino acid's and used to make bread, some beers containing isninglass (fish bladders), Coal tar being used as food dye's for candy and soda... the list could go on and on. The point I was trying to make is Ppl making shit edible isn't different from what we already eat today, we just don't know about it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's just an example, there are better ones of foods that are processed in ways that would make ppl sick thinking about it. Sawdust is mixed in cheddar cheese, Milk helped made by processed calf stomaches, Duck feathers and human hair cooked down into amino acid's and used to make bread, some beers containing isninglass (fish bladders), Coal tar being used as food dye's for candy and soda... the list could go on and on. The point I was trying to make is Ppl making shit edible isn't different from what we already eat today, we just don't know about it.

Sawdust is found not in "cheddar cheese" but shredded cheese in general and it does have an actual purpose there - the cellulose prevents the shreds from clumping up into a molten mess and last time I checked, cellulose was is not poisonous. Only a very small amount is added - on the same basis you could complain that some candies are covered in beeswax.

Processed calf stomachs? Bah, beef stomachs are actually a regional delicacy item where I live, people make soup out of them although I don't particularily fancy it. As far as beef is concerned, I would've expected you to pull out Taurine which is extracted from beef bile, but I digress.

As for cooking down human hair or duck feathers down to aminoacids and baking bread out of the resulting mass, I beg for a source link for that - it sounds like an incredibly expensive and inefficient (if not imaginary) way of baking pastry which could be made out of widely available flour.

Isinglass is a form of collagen - it is extracted from fish bladders but it's not literally a fish bladder, much like calcium isn't a tooth.

As for coal tar colouring, it's being gradually banned dye by dye since it was discovered that coal tar dyes are cancerogenic. As such, manufacturers are gradually shifting towards natural dyes instead.

People "make sh*t edible" all the time, that much is very true, but out of everything you've mentioned only coal tar dyes can be considered in any way harmful or "gross", really. Although the Japanese have made huge strides towards "making s*it (literally) edible", we're not yet embracing this new, fascinating technology. :tpi:

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What would you rather do - spray lethal chemicals over a field which produce run-off waste, polute the Earth, decrease the quality of the soil for future plants that will grow on it and generally de-stabilize the environment or teach the plant to defend itself from threats by giving it features which will nullify the threat without being harmful to the consumer?
Why choose when you can go the third option, beloved by many GMO developers, that genetically modifies crops to be more resilient to herbicides. That's right, the only goal/end result of the modification is to allow the farmer to use even more herbicides.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why choose when you can go the third option, beloved by many GMO developers, that genetically modifies crops to be more resilient to herbicides. That's right, the only goal/end result of the modification is to allow the farmer to use even more herbicides.

Genius! :yay:

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like a ploy to jack up prices of chocolate. Enjoy that $10 candy bar of the future.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just on the side note, what's wrong with enhancing a plant to withstand weather conditions, germs, parasites or other hazards by equipping it with natural defense systems that it will develop itself? What would you rather do - spray lethal chemicals over a field which produce run-off waste, polute the Earth, decrease the quality of the soil for future plants that will grow on it and generally de-stabilize the environment or teach the plant to defend itself from threats by giving it features which will nullify the threat without being harmful to the consumer? You're sounding a lot like those people in the 1950'ties who feared that microwaves will make their children grow additional heads due to "the terrible radiation!". Get on with the times and embrace science - it's good for you, it has been enhancing your life since the dawn of mankind.

rPMxqUa.png

GMO has been a disaster, it has lead to monocultrure, crop failures, 250,00 suicides in india,
at least poison on the outside can be washed off, BT corn has pesticide producing bacteria inside thats cant be washed off
most GMO is made for one reason, to sell round up ,glyphosate , they are made to be herbicide resistant to glyphosate by monsanto, which sells glyphosate and glyphosate resistant seeds ,terminator seeds that they own the patent for that will not produce seed producing crops
there are plenty of documentaries about how bad GMO is

rattumor.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GMO has been a disaster, it has lead to monocultrure, crop failures, 250,00 suicides in india,
at least poison on the outside can be washed off, BT corn has pesticide producing bacteria inside thats cant be washed off
most GMO is made for one reason, to sell round up ,glyphosate , they are made to be herbicide resistant to glyphosate by monsanto, which sells glyphosate and glyphosate resistant seeds ,terminator seeds that they own the patent for that will not produce seed producing crops
there are plenty of documentaries about how bad GMO is

rattumor.jpg

Monoculture has been a problem for hundreds of years, crop failures were completely unheard of, suicides... going to need some evidence/qualifications for that one.
There are fairly large and important agencies tasked with ensuring safety for consumption.

What was that picture supported to demonstrate? GM rats can be designed to have tumours.

I have yet to see any of these documentaries that I would put forth as any reasonable evidence. I certainly have serious issues with a lot of what Monsanto have done, and continue to do, in the patent world but most of the things you have just said would make a poor jumping off point for a search let alone an actual position.

Similarly what are your opinions on selective breeding?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast