Hacking Working Bailkal Linux Kernels for PS4pros on 6.72 and distros

Private01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I migrated FROM fedora 32 to Manjaro.

It has a performance problem on pros and one app I need but won't name doesn't have a gui for fedora 32.

TBH, I have come to realization that in no way pros will have a decent distro and I gave up. I currently have manjaro with 20.3 drivers and I don't care. Firefox and proton games work and I'm not striving for perfection.

For me fedora 32 is better the only problem I had was the desktop enviroment, but this can be solved by installing another desktop enviroment (and I prefer plasma kde)

anyway to share my experiences for my ps4 pro CUH-701b version 5.05 so far:

1) Best bzImage is gentoo 5.3.18 works like a charm. Others can be used such as 5.3.13 xanmod by itmania or 5.3.18 itmania but these can give you black screen all you need is to unplug then plug HDMI cable then press Ctrl + Alt + F4 then Ctrl + Alt + F1to get the screen back

2) In general PS4 pro has better performance compared to ps4 slim when it comes to emulators (at least that is what I noticed during testing)

3) For overclocking I tried it using Itmania BzImage for overclockin to
1.9, 2.1, 2.4 (Ps4 pro standard clock is 2.1)
each gave me different result.
For example 2.4 bzImage overclocked my ps4 pro beyond 3Ghz
but really I didnt noticed any performance gain in the contrary I felt my ps4 pro slowed down. I think this is because these bzImage is actually made for ps4 fat or slim.

In the end community really not intersted in PS4 linux that is why no ones really trully interested to solve these issue.
Itmania surely he is interested in ps4 linux alright but he dosnt really have ps4 pro so he cant test the new drivers.

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1) Best bzImage is gentoo 5.3.18 works like a charm.

Lucky you. I'm on 6.72 7116b and I'm settling for 5.3.7 gentoo. I wish I could use xanmod fsync kernel but alas, beggars can't be choosers.

all you need is to unplug then plug HDMI cable then press Ctrl + Alt + F4 then Ctrl + Alt + F1to get the screen back

I discovered this trick :) and posted here, in case you saw it from modded warfare.

3) my ps4 pro beyond 3Ghz

That's because we only have base kernels with frankestein'd baikal additions

the ps4.h file in arch/x86/include/asm (in kernel sources) has:

#define PS4_DEFAULT_TSC_FREQ 1594000000

when you run a kernel with 1594 mhz (ie base 1.6ghz) on a pro, due to its tsc timing you get 2.1 ghz standard clocks

but when you try a 2.4 GHz kernel for BASE consoles on pro, the timings get all messed up and you reach unstable 3 ghzish clocks.

Itmania surely he is interested in ps4 linux alright but he dosnt really have ps4 pro so he cant test the new drivers.

Multiple times I offered him help for testing but he is a stubborn mule, he doesn't care about pro, he doesn't even answer, he completely ignores you let alone just to have the decency to say "no" or "I don't have time for testing, use my stuff on base only".

Private01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I discovered this trick :) and posted here, in case you saw it from modded warfare.

Actually I learnt about it before MW video, I saw it in one post really cant rememebr when or who posted, but it seems you are one, thanks man really smart move, how did you discover it??

when you run a kernel with 1594 mhz (ie base 1.6ghz) on a pro, due to its tsc timing you get 2.1 ghz standard clocks

but when you try a 2.4 GHz kernel for BASE consoles on pro, the timings get all messed up and you reach unstable 3 ghzish clocks.

I tried to compile a kernel bzImage setting the clock a number I want (I used ITmania video as tutorial) I created the bzImage but really it didnt work it gave me black screeen and froze my ps4 pro. really wants to play those ps2 games :)

Multiple times I offered him help for testing but he is a stubborn mule, he doesn't care about pro, he doesn't even answer, he completely ignores you let alone just to have the decency to say "no" or "I don't have time for testing, use my stuff on base only".

Me too I offered my help to test his drivers but didnt reply to me.
I believe eeply once compiled the mesa drivers for gladius
but it seems he abadoned anything related to ps4 linux since a long time.

since I am not a developer all I can do is waiting :(

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
how did you discover it??

I have a shitty roxio capture hd pro, the company is basically the philips of capture cards, no proper support and the kings of planned obsolescense. While using it for something xbox 360 related, it dawned on me to test it ps4 jb. Back in the day, before I was on a nonjb machine (6.20) I could use it to capture stuff, regardless of the safe mode/hdcp setting.

Now on jb 6.72 I couldn't get it to work (I later learned that something related to graphics also got a firmware update with 6.72, that's why my capture card wasn't capturing), there was no signal. I thought it was loose cabling, so I constantly pulled the hdmi cable in and out and by pure I walked around the linux edid issue.

I tried to compile a kernel bzImage setting the clock a number I want

I'm guessing there is some other setting in the source that says something like "if detected pro/baikal, up clocks by 33%". (1.6 ghz to 2.1 is roughly 33%) so when you enter 2.1 as tsc clock in the ps4.h file it becomes 2.8. (700 mhz more)

really wants to play those ps2 games :)

In orbis they work fine for me. I use ps2 patch engine for deinterlace + 60 fps .pnach files to patch the iso, and use the ps2loadelf for other cheats (for example I couldn't find Soul Reaver 2's correct ntsc ws code but the ps2loadelf has it) and then I use PS2FPKG + kozarovv's patches from github to create ps4 pkg.

Never had too many problems on most games. The only one that gave me problems was vice city stories.

Hell, even Black, which brings my 8 thread 4GHz xeon to its knees on pcsx2 works fine.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much all who have posted. I now realize I must have to do that unplug replug function key thing. We really need a chart with like bzimage and firmware and distro yadda yadda

as to the whole pro no good for linux i did numerous videos but to me this is proof it is good

Private01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In orbis they work fine for me. I use ps2 patch engine for deinterlace + 60 fps .pnach files to patch the iso, and use the ps2loadelf for other cheats (for example I couldn't find Soul Reaver 2's correct ntsc ws code but the ps2loadelf has it) and then I use PS2FPKG + kozarovv's patches from github to create ps4 pkg.

Unfortunately some games not compatible with orbis and some have major issue (like shadow hearts).
I believe the major gain playing ps2 games on pcsx2 is the enhanced graphics.
Can I play ps2 games on orbis with enhnaced graphics? if so please guide me to good tutorial link :)

I'm guessing there is some other setting in the source that says something like "if detected pro/baikal, up clocks by 33%".

Interesting thought. I tried the 1.9Ghz bzImage and overclocked my ps4 pro I think to 2.4 Ghz but instead of gaining performance it slowed down my PS4 do you know why??
I noticed rpcs3 log file it mentioned my clock speed is 1.6Ghz it seems it picks up the reading from the kernel ps4.h itself.

as to the whole pro no good for linux i did numerous videos but to me this is proof it is good

I can confirm that ps4 pro has better performance than regular ps4 at least when it comes to emulators due to better base clock speed. (I tested some emulators on ps4 slim and ps4 pro)
Now the down side of ps4pro is that no developers are willing to update mesa drivers for gladius, if this happens I think we can draw more power from ps4 pro.

p.s. lol Interesting way to discover unplug trick, you dont know how many people you helped XD

Last edited by Private01,

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ps2 enhanced graphics

Yes.

Here's the tutorial:

1. Get ps2 patch engine https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96

2. Patch your plain isos with the pnach files' contents like this:

patch=1,EE,00229278,word,3C033F06
patch=1,EE,00229438,extended,3C033F06
patch=1,EE,00229278,byte,00000000

Line by line (if you get invalid pnach error, try extended or byte or word interchangibly)

NOTE: Sometimes patch creators deacivate patches with //. These two slashes deactivate those codes. If you want to enable them remove // slashes.

3. The pnach files are already in your pcsx2 folder cheats/cheatws but I recommend deinterlacing codes: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-interlacing-codes and 60 fps codes: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-codes (beware of the 60 fps codes' "animation slowing" type of extra codes as they may work on pcsx2 but not on orbis, one example I encountered was rule of rose ntscu, it works fine without traversal+animation slowing on orbis).

4. After you create your patched iso, extract it with isobuster free edition. Red iso side, not the blue udf side.

5. Get ps2loadelf cheat pack.

6. Take root content of the extracted iso and place it in the ps2loadelf's folder. It should look like this:

--ELF-- >cheat pack's folder
gamefolder1iftheresany
gamefolder2iftheresany
gamefile1
gamefile2
gamefile3
slus_323.43 > game's exec (will be different for each game)
LCNF_999.99 >cheat pack's exec
SYSTEM.CNF > game's identifier

7. Open SYSTEM.CNF with a text editor, it'll look like this:

Code:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\slus_323.43;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC

if you leave that as slus_323.43, orbis will boot into to game straight and not the cheat pack's menu. You need to change the system.cnf like this:

Code:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\LCNF_999.99;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC

So it'll boot into the cheat pack's menu first.

8. Get cdvdgen, create new project for either dvd (I don't know if cd/bin method would work, maybe one should convert bin to iso with imltoiso app first before patching it with patch engine). Add the files of the extracted game+cheatpack to the cdvdgen's Root. The game files and the cheat files should be in Root section of cdvdgen. Don't drag and drop "god of war ps2" folder itself into the Root section.

9. Then click on volume and add the real game id, not the LNCF cheatpack's id. Choose correct licence area and type PLAYSTATION all caps for producer name.

10. Then click on file and export iml file.

11. Open that iml file with "cdvd iml2iso" app and press iml to iso.

12. After your newly widescreen, deinterlacing, 60 fps and the cheat menu enabled iso is created use ps2fpkg 0.6 to create a fake ps4 pkg.

13. Jakv2 emu is universal imo and pretty much works with all the things except if this site states otherwise: https://psdevwiki.com/ps4/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

14. ps2fpkg has many of kozarov's patches but not all of them. https://github.com/kozarovv/PS2-Configs Get them here

15. On ps2fpk, put SCES/SLUS game id in the NP Title bar, and type in any game name in the title. In settings don't choose "try to improve speed" as multiple games showed me that it's poppycock. Also if you used WS patch with the patch engine, untick widescreen patches in graphics tab and set the upscaling to edgesmooth and uprender to 2x2.

16. You are done. Install your game and enjoy.

17. You can go into the cheat menu from cdfs:\ --ELF-- folder, choose some cheats then go out and launch the game from cdfs:\ folder. sces/slus files are the game's exec.

Reactions: Private01

xmhlg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Lucky you. I'm on 6.72 7116b and I'm settling for 5.3.7 gentoo. I wish I could use xanmod fsync kernel but alas, beggars can't be choosers.

That's because we only have base kernels with frankestein'd baikal additions

Can you give me a version with graphics driver or which version you installed? Thank you!

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can you give me a version with graphics driver or which version you installed? Thank you!

Grab the kernels and intramfs from this pack

https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/6bklw84D/file.html

It has a guaranteed to work (on Pro) 4.14 kernel and 4.20 and 5.3 kernel (with hdmi unplug trick)

For now I recommend 4.14 file.

Rename that file only to BzImage.

Choose a distro for yourself. Since you ddn't tell me which model PS4 you have I'm going to assume you havea base machine by sales numbers. (lol)

For base machine grab ITmania's Fedora 32 updated from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TXxnoHHzexPRY4ECvpghhewIwYpzwQ4D/view

Use an external USB Hard drive and format it as MBR and Fat32 as single partition.

You can use a free tool like minitool partition manager for this.

After you download ITmania's fedora rename it as psxitarch.tar.xz

Copy the 4.14 kernel (BZImage) the intramfs and psxitarch.tar.xz files into the USB drive.

Plug it in the console.

From console internet browser if you are on 6.72, go to sleirsgoevy's host https://sleirsgoevy.github.io/ps4jb

If you are on other firmwares, try darkmodder's one: https://darkmoddervc.github.io/ps4jb/

Enable jailbreak then enable the linux payload.

When the shell comes up type
exec install-psxitarch.sh

This will start installing Fedora 32.

After the installation is done, you can start using it.

The user password is ITmania

As for graphics drivers, ITmania's repo has older rpm drivers for Fedora. f you havegraphics problems, type this in terminal:

cd /etc/yum.repos.d/

sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IT-mania/RPMS-ST/master/ps4_.repo

sudo dnf update --refresh --repo ps4_

sudo dnf install mesa-dri-drivers-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-libEGL-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-libGL-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-libd3d-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-libgbm-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-vulkan-drivers-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 --repo ps4_

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab the kernels and intramfs from this pack

https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/6bklw84D/file.html

It has a guaranteed to work (on Pro) 4.14 kernel and 4.20 and 5.3 kernel (with hdmi unplug trick)

For now I recommend 4.14 file.

Rename that file only to BzImage.

Choose a distro for yourself. Since you ddn't tell me which model PS4 you have I'm going to assume you havea base machine by sales numbers. (lol)

For base machine grab ITmania's Fedora 32 updated from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TXxnoHHzexPRY4ECvpghhewIwYpzwQ4D/view

Use an external USB Hard drive and format it as MBR and Fat32 as single partition.

You can use a free tool like minitool partition manager for this.

After you download ITmania's fedora rename it as psxitarch.tar.xz

Copy the 4.14 kernel (BZImage) the intramfs and psxitarch.tar.xz files into the USB drive.

Plug it in the console.

From console internet browser if you are on 6.72, go to sleirsgoevy's host https://sleirsgoevy.github.io/ps4jb

If you are on other firmwares, try darkmodder's one: https://darkmoddervc.github.io/ps4jb/

Enable jailbreak then enable the linux payload.

When the shell comes up type
exec install-psxitarch.sh

This will start installing Fedora 32.

After the installation is done, you can start using it.

The user password is ITmania

As for graphics drivers, ITmania's repo has older rpm drivers for Fedora. f you havegraphics problems, type this in terminal:

cd /etc/yum.repos.d/

sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IT-mania/RPMS-ST/master/ps4_.repo

sudo dnf update --refresh --repo ps4_

sudo dnf install mesa-dri-drivers-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-libEGL-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-libGL-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-libd3d-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-libgbm-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 mesa-vulkan-drivers-20.3.4-2.fc32.i686 --repo ps4_

whoa this looks like alot of helpful stuff so you are saying abandon the new catjaro and follow these instructions for fedora. interesting.

Dude it was exactly what you said. Even though I never had to before unplugging and replugging hdmi and doing the f1 and f4 with a wired keyboard got me up and running on my pro. Thanks so much!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

whoa this looks like alot of helpful stuff so you are saying abandon the new catjaro and follow these instructions for fedora. interesting.

Dude it was exactly what you said. Even though I never had to before unplugging and replugging hdmi and doing the f1 and f4 with a wired keyboard got me up and running on my pro. Thanks so much!

dude if the ps2 instructions work for timesplitters i will faint

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you Arko
Excellent and detaliled guide
definitely I am tyring this.
Radiata stories wait for me XD

I'm not into those types of games, in fact installing radiata stories for testing just to help you made me remember why I hated those games but here:

Put this txt file as SLUS_212.62 (without txt entension) in the ps2fpkg's config's_txt folder (so the app can auto pick it up)

However, if you are using the cheatpack the app becomes LCNF999.99 and won't pick it up automatically, then you should add .txt to extension and manually choose it in the ps2fpkg options.

Code:
--vu-hack-triace=1
--gs-use-mipmap=1
--gs-kernel-cl="mipmap"
--gs-kernel-cl-up="mipmap2x2"

and use these pnachs with the patch engine for the iso:

Code:
gametitle=Radiata Stories [SLUS-21262] (U)
comment=Patches/Codes Hacked By Maori-Jigglypuff [Savas Guercebe]

// Disable Game Protection Traps
patch=1,EE,0012181c,word,1400fffa
patch=1,EE,00125004,word,1400fffa
patch=1,EE,001250a4,word,1400fffa
patch=1,EE,0014205c,word,1400fffa

// No black Borders
patch=1,EE,00300ea0,word,10000001
patch=1,EE,00300ea4,word,AE200018
patch=1,EE,00300ea8,word,1000001B
patch=1,EE,00300eac,word,A220000D

// Disable Blur-Effect and enhance Game Sharpness
patch=1,EE,001cd75c,word,0000182d

// No Body-Shadow of the Characters on the Ground
patch=1,EE,0022f754,word,0000182d

// -------- Area of World, Rooms and Character Brightness Codes --------

// Constant correct World, Rooms and Character Brightness Adjust (ver.3)
//patch=1,EE,0020c908,word,3c043f70
//patch=1,EE,0020c90c,word,3c053f80
//patch=1,EE,0020c914,word,ac640000
//patch=1,EE,0020c918,word,ac640004
//patch=1,EE,0020c91c,word,ac640008
//patch=1,EE,0020c920,word,ac65000c
//patch=1,EE,00201c10,word,3c043f70
//patch=1,EE,00201c14,word,3c033f80
//patch=1,EE,00201c1c,word,ac440000
//patch=1,EE,00201c20,word,ac440004
//patch=1,EE,00201c24,word,ac440008
//patch=1,EE,00201c28,word,ac43000c

// or use this:

// Constant correct World, Rooms and Character Brightness Adjust (ver.4)
patch=1,EE,002219ec,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,002219f8,word,ac460310
patch=1,EE,002219fc,word,ac460314
patch=1,EE,00221a04,word,ac460318
patch=1,EE,00272724,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,00272730,word,ac660310
patch=1,EE,00272734,word,ac660314
patch=1,EE,00272738,word,ac660318
patch=1,EE,00274cd4,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,00274ce4,word,ac660310
patch=1,EE,00274ce8,word,ac660314
patch=1,EE,00274cec,word,ac660318
patch=1,EE,00277c2c,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,00277c38,word,ac660310
patch=1,EE,00277c3c,word,ac660314
patch=1,EE,00277c44,word,ac660318
patch=1,EE,002b5404,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,002b5410,word,ac460310
patch=1,EE,002b5414,word,ac460314
patch=1,EE,002b5418,word,ac460318
patch=1,EE,002c28bc,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,002c28cc,word,ac460310
patch=1,EE,002c28d0,word,ac460314
patch=1,EE,002c28d4,word,ac460318
patch=1,EE,002c2934,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,002c2940,word,ac860310
patch=1,EE,002c2944,word,ac860314
patch=1,EE,002c2948,word,ac860318
patch=1,EE,003f66f4,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,003f6704,word,ac460310
patch=1,EE,003f6708,word,ac460314
patch=1,EE,003f670c,word,ac460318
patch=1,EE,003f675c,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,003f676c,word,ac660310
patch=1,EE,003f6770,word,ac660314
patch=1,EE,003f6774,word,ac660318
patch=1,EE,004111fc,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,0041120c,word,ac460310
patch=1,EE,00411210,word,ac460314
patch=1,EE,00411214,word,ac460318
patch=1,EE,00411264,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,00411274,word,ac660310
patch=1,EE,00411278,word,ac660314
patch=1,EE,0041127c,word,ac660318
patch=1,EE,004182cc,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,004182dc,word,ac460310
patch=1,EE,004182e0,word,ac460314
patch=1,EE,004182e4,word,ac460318
patch=1,EE,00418334,word,3c063f70
patch=1,EE,00418344,word,ac660310
patch=1,EE,00418348,word,ac660314
patch=1,EE,0041834c,word,ac660318

// ----- End Area of World, Rooms and Character Brightness Codes -------

// No Battles when Jack touches Enemies only when he kicks them with his foot (ver.2)
patch=1,EE,00286ec8,word,64020000

// No Battles when Jack touches Enemies only when he kicks them with his foot (ver.3)
//patch=1,EE,002a285c,word,A0A00068
//patch=1,EE,002a2880,word,A2800068
//patch=1,EE,002a29c4,word,A0A00068
//patch=1,EE,002a29ec,word,A2800068

// Instantly declare your Party as Winner in Battles (ver.3)
// [First press "Start", then press "Select" and finally press again "Start".]
patch=1,EE,00103454,word,0c7f7e00
patch=1,EE,01fdf800,word,3c04003c
patch=1,EE,01fdf804,word,3c052411
patch=1,EE,01fdf808,word,34a50001
patch=1,EE,01fdf80c,word,8c86f760
patch=1,EE,01fdf810,word,14c50019
patch=1,EE,01fdf814,word,0000202d
patch=1,EE,01fdf818,word,3c040038
patch=1,EE,01fdf81c,word,2484f850
patch=1,EE,01fdf820,word,64050040
patch=1,EE,01fdf824,word,90860177
patch=1,EE,01fdf828,word,00063e7c
patch=1,EE,01fdf82c,word,00073ffe
patch=1,EE,01fdf830,word,000739b8
patch=1,EE,01fdf834,word,14a70010
patch=1,EE,01fdf838,word,0000202d
patch=1,EE,01fdf83c,word,3c040019
patch=1,EE,01fdf840,word,3c050000
patch=1,EE,01fdf844,word,34a5fffe
patch=1,EE,01fdf848,word,8c86ea1c
patch=1,EE,01fdf84c,word,00063c3c
patch=1,EE,01fdf850,word,00073c3e
patch=1,EE,01fdf854,word,14a70008
patch=1,EE,01fdf858,word,0000202d
patch=1,EE,01fdf85c,word,3c04003c
patch=1,EE,01fdf860,word,3c051400
patch=1,EE,01fdf864,word,34a50033
patch=1,EE,01fdf868,word,3c061000
patch=1,EE,01fdf86c,word,34c60003
patch=1,EE,01fdf870,word,ac85f798
patch=1,EE,01fdf874,word,ac86f7d0
patch=1,EE,01fdf878,word,03e00008
patch=1,EE,01fdf87c,word,8e030010

The shadow and sharpness codes are particularly helpful for our case, as always, delete comments and // s to enable the cheats.

And as soon as you start the game hit cross and triangle at thesame time to get the progressive widescreen mode.

--

As for Shadow Hearts, I have the EU version and JAkv2 doesn't work. However, Indigo Prophecy or Rogue Trooper one works albeit with graphical glitches like character disappearing in the fights.

greyaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Hello everybody . Need help, maybe someone knows how to use a microphone in Linux PS4. I have installed fedora 32 on my ps4 / fw 6.72 /. I want to use a microphone in messenger or discord, but the input function is disabled in bzimage .

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No I'm not saying that. As far as I remember you had a pro.

ITmania's Fedora 32 is really slow. At first I thought it was due to swap file or swappiness but something is broken with it, I don't know. I used majaro without a swap file and it was fluid.

Choose whichever you like. But for stability I'd recommend Fedora 32 as the vulkan apps can go fullscreen. IMO, the best player on linux is MPV and that also has a vulkan backend for performant decoding which you can't do in FS if you are on manjaro with a pro right now.

I'm glad I was help.

dude if the ps2 instructions work for timesplitters i will faint

I believe it'll work maybe you may have controller issues.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not saying that. As far as I remember you had a pro.

ITmania's Fedora 32 is really slow. At first I thought it was due to swap file or swappiness but something is broken with it, I don't know. I used majaro without a swap file and it was fluid.

Choose whichever you like. But for stability I'd recommend Fedora 32 as the vulkan apps can go fullscreen. IMO, the best player on linux is MPV and that also has a vulkan backend for performant decoding which you can't do in FS if you are on manjaro with a pro right now.

I'm glad I was help.

I believe it'll work maybe you may have controller issues.

i understand. Basically I sincerely want to find the best option. Any advice what to do about drivers on latest catjaro or just reread what you posted? I know that distro is picky about stuff. I am honestly very thankful!

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i understand. Basically I sincerely want to find the best option. Any advice what to do about drivers on latest catjaro or just reread what you posted? I know that distro is picky about stuff. I am honestly very thankful!

Depends on what you're going to do. Assuming you have better devices with video playback capabilty I'd suggest manjaro with the 20.3 drivers force installed.

EDIT CORRECTION: 20.3 drivers are here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KUj76Dl6ptaMSuVoaMsPIY27b-LAEIWU

Click download all, extract the file, open a terminal window in the new folder where you see 4 driver files and type this:

Code:
 sudo pacman -Udd --overwrite "*" *

this command needs to see the tar.xz packages.

As for timesplitters.

Here's some help for you along the way:

Works on Slus 20090 v1.1 CRC: B4A004F2 (there are two version of this game in the wild, you need this CRC) You can learn your CRC with pcsx2, launch the game and the title bar should show it.

Widescreen and deinterlacing code

Code:
patch=1,EE,0027b3f4,word,3c014328
patch=1,EE,0027b3f8,word,44810000
patch=1,EE,202CADBC,word,00000000

PS2FPKG config file

SLUS_200.90.txt

Code:
--vu1=jit-sync

manually point to this txt file while you're building fpkg. I strongly suggest you don't add cheats to this game as creating a bin file can be trickier than iso with the insturctions I provided. (or maybe you can try to convert the bin file to iso with the iml2iso app first without patching it, try and see if it works)

Just use patch engine to widescreen and deinterlace and that should be enough. cdvdgen creates an iso file and that screws up the layout. Stay away from the cheat pack with this one.

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

By the way, I just watched one your videos and you're doing it semi-wrong. I explained it to BioHazarK back in the 5th or the 6th page.

As soon as the linux payload starts from the orbis internet browser succesfully, you unplug the hdmi cable, wait 10 seconds, then replug it. In three or so seconds the controller's light should turn off, and console's white light should turn blue. And then you'll see shell, and the GUI will come up.

This way you don't need to switch keyboads so often because the machine will boot straight into the GUI without any alt+ctrl+f4 tricks.

Also, here's the 20.3 Arch drivers, sorry I told you to go to the github page but seems like he only uploaded it to Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KUj76Dl6ptaMSuVoaMsPIY27b-LAEIWU

Extract it, open a terminal window in the new folder and type this:

Code:

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I just watched one your videos and you're doing it semi-wrong. I explained it to BioHazarK back in the 5th or the 6th page.

As soon as the linux payload starts from the orbis internet browser succesfully, you unplug the hdmi cable, wait 10 seconds, then replug it. In three or so seconds the controller's light should turn off, and console's white light should turn blue. And then you'll see shell, and the GUI will come up.

This way you don't need to switch keyboads so often because the machine will boot straight into the GUI without any alt+ctrl+f4 tricks.

Also, here's the 20.3 Arch drivers, sorry I told you to go to the github page but seems like he only uploaded it to Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KUj76Dl6ptaMSuVoaMsPIY27b-LAEIWU

Extract it, open a terminal window in the new folder and type this:

Code:

cool i don't agree with the wrong part frankly like so i see an initial screen then when the login screen i feel is there i just can't see it. When i unplug replug works with my setup? I literally demonstrate black screen then picture?? so you are losing me there. I mean if it didn't work I would be with you but works for me? Ok i get it now you are saying hey no f tricks needed. I don't know boss that don't work on my end. Could be it's how I plug un plug cable. I totally get you though.

Really appreciate driver info you see me try and dead end in the video haha it happens i knew it was somewhere i even dl it but new lappy

so like basically no bueno to system upgrade right now? I ended up with a non bootable system when i attempted/

Last edited by grabman,

Private01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And as soon as you start the game hit cross and triangle at thesame time to get the progressive widescreen mode.

Thanks man very helpful
for me I like radiata stories because of its story.
As for Shadow Hearts, I have the EU version and JAkv2 doesn't work. However, Indigo Prophecy or Rogue Trooper one works albeit with graphical glitches like character disappearing in the fights.

yeah very annoying glitch really I cant experience good game play because of this glitch.

Reactions: Arko

Arko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i see an initial screen then when the login screen i feel is there i just can't see it.

Maybe because you are using a capture card to stream. When you are doing it just for yourself, from PS4 straight to Monitor/TV do it as I suggested so you won't have to switch keyboards to hit alt+ctrl+f tricks and you'll be comfier.

Really appreciate driver info you see me try and dead end in the video haha it happens i knew it was somewhere i even dl it but new lappy

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Those four files are all drivers. I thought you'd download them as zipped by clicking on "download all" rather than opening them all one by one and then downloading them.

In that case no extraction needed. Rather than going into the "new folder" you just run that command from downloads folder. The command needs to see those tar.xz packages. tar.xz packages shouldn't be extracted.

so like basically no bueno to system upgrade right now? I ended up with a non bootable system when i attempted/

It's basically a good idea to stay away from updates no matter what anyone suggests with -exclusions like *mesa *kernel *xorg etc.
I mean my fedora 32 build pulled shared libraries from Fedora 34 and screwed up my installation. Your manjaro installation probably pulled something either related to gnoma or xorg as well, considering you don't get login anymore.

Also don't use the included program installer app. It'll pull updates too. Just use it to learn the app's name and use terminal to download.

For example

Code:
sudo pacman -S opera
installs Opera browser.

I watched your video and your problem with steam can be solved by running
Code:
 steam --reset
from steams directory in .local/share/steam

IT DELETES EVERTHING IN THERE INCLUDING GAMES

Open file manager, on the upper right side you'll see three vertical dots, click then choose show hidden files. Then click on home at the left side to reach .local folder.

However if it doesn't fix your steam issue either try this:

Code:
 sudo pacman -Syy

Code:
sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring

Code:
sudo pacman -S steam-native

This will install Valve's steam libraries and will put an app caled Steam Native on your apps menu. The Steam Runtime app you see included is Manjaro's own version.

Reactions: grabman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig +1