Wood R4 Save Problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Sharkcheater, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Sharkcheater
    OP

Sharkcheater Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Okay, First off, Hi! I have lurked here a while, And I needed to make an account because I have no clue on how to solve my problem!

Okay so I have an R4 and WoodR4 Firmware. The first thing I noticed using WoodR4 is the .nds.sav extension on the save games So In the options I just told it to read them as .sav Before you ask, Yes other games seem to load the .sav just fine. Now heres the problem I want this Gamesave And its A .duc so no issue right? Just use Shuny's Online converter yea? So I do that I open the save and then set the source to ARMaxDS and the target to RAW 512kb, put it on my card and... It doesn't works [​IMG] I have been at this for 2 days trying All I can think of so now Im asking a much larger knowledge base. I've tried different converters setting targets to just R4/M3 types, trying other save games, renaming, etc I just don't get why something is not just working :/ Thanks for reading!

2. Elvarg

Elvarg Zyzz™

Banned
    Jan 19, 2011
    >>>>>>
    1.try another rom

2.does the .duc work

3.try ysmenu

3. z.g

z.g GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    problem is here. converter broke savefile. here is good one.

4. Sharkcheater
    OP

Sharkcheater Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    That file seems to be 64kb I was under the impression that WoodR4 used 512kb, Looks like when I chose RAW I should have stuck with the original size. Thank you so much for your help. Now I did set the save type to 64k on WoodR4 before launching and it seems to have worked flawlessly-But ALAS, When I went to load the save it said it was corrupt! [​IMG] Im going to try formatting my MicroSD card And starting fresh!

5. z.g

z.g GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2007
    save sizes in wood is in bits not bytes. so you need set it to 512k.

6. Sharkcheater
    OP

Sharkcheater Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    You rock man, seems to working fine! Now I can get back to where I was before my save corrupted in the first place! So from now on when converting saves for woodR4 just let it autodetect the size on the target .sav file?