Hacking Wood R4 save issue

JayFireweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just downloaded Wood R4 and put it on my R4. It works fine apart from the fact NONE of my saves work. I've got so far on some of my games, had them for years. I've got really far on dragon quest ix too, on the afterstory part. i tried renaming all my *.sav to *.nds.sav
it didn't work. i still got 'new game' when i loaded a game up.
this new firmware is great but i want to play my old saves!
someone, please help

i renamed a save, tried loading, didn't work, i then found out the save had been corrupted, saying there was 512.0kb of 0 for the data.
help. seriously please help

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure, if you could post the website recommended by your R4 for firmware updates, that would probably be helpful...because the reason why clones some don't work with WoodR4 currently matches your problem...

JayFireweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
www.r4.cn

this was the website i got told to go to, and is the website my friend (who does have an original r4 also) got his from

JayFireweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, if I can't get these saves working soon, I'll just downgrade back to the official update of v1.18. I wish I could play Lufia and the Sinistrals, and Heart Gold properly with cheats on, but if it means not being able to have my saves, then no thanks, i've spent far too much time on some of these games.

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Format your MicroSD card then put in the WoodR4 Firmware. After that, put in a folder a game. Put cheats in then boot it up. Start the game and get to a save point. Reset/Turn off the system and turn it on again. Load the game and see if the save is still there. If it is, then try your sav files. REMEMBER, the save files you just created are the file names you need to use. So COPY the name and rename the old save files as the SAME thing.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1). Don't double (or worse, triple) post.
2). Does your card say anything on it other than "R4 Revolution" like i, SDHC, III, Upgrade, King, Renovation, Red, Gold, etc?

JayFireweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bluelaserman - tried that, didn't work.

twiztidsinz - My apologies, I didn't know. And...yes. It says R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JayFireweaver said:
Yeah...it's letting me create new save data and load it - but i want to be able to load my OLD save data from my games.
What is the EXACT name of the save you've created?
If the name of the game has changed, i.e. if "Lufia and the Sinistrals" becomes "Lufia and the Sinistrals (U)", the save won't work until you correct the name of the save.
Also, Official R4 menu and YSMenu use *.sav save files, WoodR4 uses *.nds.sav so it's recommended to use a save renamer to rename them all in one go so you don't end up with something like ".nds .sav" or ".nsd.sav".
http://filetrip.net/f12174-AKAIO-Wood-R4-S...anager-1-4.html
http://filetrip.net/f13091-%28Wood-R4%29-S...r-1-3-Beta.html

JayFireweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I copied the EXACT name of the game, in this case, MegaMan StarForce 2 Zerker X Ninja (U) to the .sav file and just put .nds before the .sav. If I can;t figure this out soon i'ma gonna downgrade, i've spent HOURS on this and it's driving me insane, but apart from that i love this firmware and would rather not downgrade

JayFireweaver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Formatted it before I put Wood on it. I know that renaming them isn;t going to work...i'll just downgrade for now.....*sigh* Wish I didn't have to.

Also means I WON'T be able to play Lufia, which I have been waiting to play since I heard of it's coming out.

EDIT: Not going to downgrade JUST yet, gonna try batch renaming them all, and if anyone else has any advice before 4:30: am GMT, I'd be greatful

EDIT: It worked!!!! I used the batch renamer and it worked PERfECTLY. Thank you all SO much for your help, and sorry for being such a Nub.
Am now going to do the same to my fiance's DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)