Hacking Wood R4 Questions

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so far the Wood R4 firmware is epic. But i have a few questions.
For the cheat database do i use the r4 cheat database or a different one? Will it still be buggy aswell (like when the database is too big, the R4 shits itself processing the cheats)
and
In terms of themes/skins, which flashcart skins are the ones that work with Wood R4?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mattpucc said:
For the cheat database do i use the r4 cheat database or a different one?USRCHEAT.DAT from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/
(Unencrypted Cheat Database for R4)
mattpucc said:
Will it still be buggy aswell (like when the database is too big, the R4 shits itself processing the cheats)Nope. That problem was exclusively an R4 Firmware problem.
YSMenu fixes that problem, and WoodR4 does as well.
QUOTE(mattpucc @ Apr 9 2010, 12:28 PM)
In terms of themes/skins, which flashcart skins are the ones that work with Wood R4?
AceKard2/AKAIO/WoodRPG skins

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yep, got them working. Make sure its in the cheats folder. Also, go to the game, hit start, go file info (or whatever it is... cant remember) and press X to go to cheats

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... it is in the cheats folder, and I tried what you said, but they still don't work (trying the cloning code for pokemon HG).
BTW, the file name is USRCHEAT.DAT. Should I change it?

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't have the dot at the end, only put it there because it was the end of the sentence
tongue.gif

Any other idea? :/

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan King said:
will wood r4 work with the r4's in shoptemp

It works with this one:
R4DS__05955_zoom.jpg

The one on ShopTemp look to be the same model (R4 "original"). Just make sure you get the SD (not SDHC) R4DS, which is the cheapest. The other clones won't work.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
bekar said:
I wish we could choose to use .sav files instead of .nds.sav
wtf.gif

It's not that hard to rename them if you use a batch command like I did in a seperate folder with my current SAVs copied. So basically, I have the original .nds.sav on micro SD, a .sav in 1 folder on my PC along with a .nds.sav in another folder on my PC, and I have done this with all my current games by using a simple batch command which renames all the files. Not that hard at all.

It would be better, but I rather compromise than be fussy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."