Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

ezzieyguywuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ywg: what do you think my problem could be then? Is there any more info I can provide to help narrow this down? Is there a way to run the Wood OS in some sort of verbose mode so I can see exactly what's going on and what's causing the crash?

edit: Also, can you provide me with an md5sum of tho nds file you are using? I trust this more than that CRC stuff.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
ezzieyguywuf said:
ywg: what do you think my problem could be then?is crc that you provide was calculated from rom on microsd or on your pc. and can you try other microsd card?
QUOTEedit: Also, can you provide me with an md5sum of tho nds file you are using? I trust this more than that CRC stuff.
745e372bde611c2ceb3ec5db2bbeb77a *1456 - Legend of Zelda, The - Phantom Hourglass (USA) (En,Fr,Es).nds

ezzieyguywuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The crc I posted was taken from the nds on the microsd card. Unfortunately I do not have any other microsd's to test this on. My md5 does match up with your's though (once again taken off the microsd card). I'm fairly confident we're dealing with the same file here, so it must be a hardware or 'os' issue. Just to clarify, I am using an r4i gold from www.r4ids.cn, purchased from lightake.com. I confirmed based on the pictures shown on the cn site that it is indeed an authentic card. I am currently running your wood v1.22 on a 1.4.1U dsi. I was having the same problem on my 1.4U dsi, so I upgraded to 1.4.1 in the hopes that it would resolve the issue. I can take a video of the freeze if you think it would help (or if you don't believe me :-P)

edit: reformatted the card, and at least I now have video after the opening cinematic. I see the zelda chick falling and falling, and my name is at the bottom in a speech box. But its really really slow. Could it be that the microsd card is bad? Its a bit of an old one, but I've been using it pretty consistently for a while now with no problems. I do have a brand new microsd on standby, but I was planning on returning it, since I came across a 'spare' one: my new phone came with its own 8 gig microsd, so I took my old phone's microsd for the ds.

edit edit: well, after a painstaikenly long time, I was able to get the skip prompt in the top right. I skipped this particularly pesky cinematic and am now in full control of link. I hope this issue doesn't recur with subsequent cinematics. I'll update if it does.

edit edit edit: Well, it seems that the problem still presents itself in an only minorly annoying form. Whenever there are small cinematics, such as at the end of the first dungeon when the red fairy joins me, or when I obtain the Phantom Hourglass, the game kind of haults, the music gets all garbled, and I don't see anyting. Eventually I get to see the cinematic at regular speed and with regular sound. At least I /think/ I get to see the cinematic. I dunno if it skips it and I just see whatever comes immedietley after.

edit edit edit edit: So I played until I got the northwest nautical map and saved it. Now when I try to resume my game I get a double white screen of death, with garbled music. Same music I was getting before.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
ezzieyguywuf said:
Could it be that the microsd card is bad?
finally i found a very slow card and yes, i can reproduce your bug. so your card is not bad, but very slow.

ezzieyguywuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ywg said:
ezzieyguywuf said:
Could it be that the microsd card is bad?
finally i found a very slow card and yes, i can reproduce your bug. so your card is not bad, but very slow.

Thanks for going through the trouble! I have a brand new class 4 card that I can whip out to try to resolve this: what speed card would you recommend as a minimum? I'm currently using a class 2.

edit: still having the same issue on a class 4 8gb microsdhc. It's a scandisk btw.

Rensch

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In the Japanese Pokémon White, the game freezes before the cutscene wherein N summons Reshiram. Don't have this problem with Black. I'm using the latest version 1.22 and a clean ROM.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
Rensch said:
In the Japanese Pokémon White, the game freezes before the cutscene wherein N summons Reshiram. Don't have this problem with Black. I'm using the latest version 1.22 and a clean ROM.dont' see any link to save file. also remember, i dont' know anything about pokemons, so you must write detail guide how reproduce bug using your save if you want any feedback from me.
QUOTE(ezzieyguywuf @ Jan 16 2011, 05:14 AM) edit: still having the same issue on a class 4 8gb microsdhc. It's a scandisk btw.
sandist is worst microsdhc brand what i see ever. anyway yesterday i start implement some speedup for r4i cards, so possible in 1.23 (or may in 1.24
smile.gif
) you problem will solved.

mehmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mehmed said:
Hello, ibought a R4i gold card( www.r4-pro.com ) On their site is a firmware of october 2010 but there is also a Wood firmware on there site. But I can't get it to work with the Wood firmware. If it doesn't support why is it on there site? I mailed them 2 times but with no succes.
angry.gif

No one who can help me? On their site they give a firmware and the wood 1.20 as a patch. I put the firmware on the card and put the wood files on the card. It replaced the _DS_MENU but I get a loading screen and nothing else.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
mehmed said:
mehmed said:
Hello, ibought a R4i gold card( www.r4-pro.com ) On their site is a firmware of october 2010 but there is also a Wood firmware on there site. But I can't get it to work with the Wood firmware. If it doesn't support why is it on there site? I mailed them 2 times but with no succes.
angry.gif

No one who can help me? On their site they give a firmware and the wood 1.20 as a patch. I put the firmware on the card and put the wood files on the card. It replaced the _DS_MENU but I get a loading screen and nothing else.

Your R4i Gold is not genuine. The only genuine R4i Gold is the one produced by www.r4ids.cn

22821-Image7__79696_std.jpg

It should look like the above. As it does not (I checked the site for your cart), Wood will not work on it.

ezzieyguywuf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ywg said:
ezzieyguywuf said:
edit: still having the same issue on a class 4 8gb microsdhc. It's a scandisk btw.
finally must be resolved in 1.23.

ywg, it most definitely does work now with v1.23 . I'm amazed that if the problem was fs-access speeds you were able to fix it with a software update. Color me impressed, and very thankful for your hard work. Thank you!

edit: only thing now is, I can't seem to resume my game that I saved back in v1.22. I guess maybe the savefile is corrupt? The save file shows up and I can click it, but it results in the game starting from the beginning. Is there any way to potentially recover the save-file?

ezziey

finalfantasy3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Ghost Trick

Release number: 5368

CRC: ? Unsure

Clean ROM: Yes

What the bug is: Game freezes at a certain scene.

What you did to debug it: Can't get past this point with any version of the ROM available online.

How you can repeat the bug:

When you load up the save (it's in Chapter 13 of the game) go into Ghost mode and just drag to the right and it'll prompt you to talk to the Minister. He'll talk a bit, then it'll open up with some dialogue options. Once you quickly click through all the text boxes, then a black/white "flashback" scene will begin with cinema strips on the top/bottom. After the character fumbles with the papers a bit, he'll turn his head to the right and it'll freeze.

This bug happens for me no matter what ROM I use! I haven't been able to figure out a workaround of any sort. I have the latest version of Wood R4 (1.23).

Below is a link to download my SAV *snip

*snip

My save data: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9DY0KWIY

Thanks for any help in advance! I've been on standby with this bug for about a week now clinging to the possibility that someone would mention it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers. +1