wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekardlogo.gif
Wood R.P.G. v1.02
Update
[6530]AKRPG1_crop.jpg

The Yellow Wood Goblin has updated his opensource Acekard R.P.G. firmware. This version includes compatibility fixes for some popular games and a cheats update. Please see the change log for more information. Remember this firmware is just for the Acekard R.P.G. and includes support for the 3in1 expansion kit.

Change Log for v1.01 said:
Compatibility Updates:

• 'nanashi 2 (japan)' fixed.
• 'super robo gakuen (japan)' fixed.
• bug in 'catan (europe)' fixed.
• pokemon platinum wii connection fixed.
• 'mono ya okane no shikumi ds (japan)' fixed.
• 'nazo no story 2 (japan)' fixed.
• 'castlevania: por' fixed.
• 'pokemon gold/silver (japan)' fixed.
• 'mario & luigi
• bowser's inside story (usa)' fixed.
• for 'vl-2 (europe)' game you may enable 'link with GBA' option. after this you get possibility to select russian language and access to additional 9 options in game.
• 'saga 2 (japan)' fixed.
• 'anpanman (japan)' fixed.
• 'idolmaster (japan)' fixed.
• 'kindaichi shonen no jikenbo
• akuma no satsujin koukai (japan)' fixed.
• 'sonic rush adventure (korea)' fixed.
• 'zzanggu (korea)' fixed.
• 'ookami to koushinryou - omiowataru kaze (japan)' fixed.
• 'rhythm world (korea)' fixed.
• 'kh 358/2 (usa)' fixed.

Firmware Updates:
• select+l also shows hidden files.
• usrcheat.dat support added. you need to put usrcheat.dat to nand:/__rpg/cheats/ folder.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Homepage
discuss.png
Discuss

wingfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Play with it for a while
I think there is one problem with cheat support (I'm using usrcheat.dat)
In the cheat selection window, I can't figure out how to disable cheats which "only one could be enable in that category" (hard to explain, eg in Mario Kart "Always have ... power up", you can only select one power up)
If anyone knows how to disable those, please inform, old selections are saved once the .cc is created, cant reset even deleted the specific .cc file

btw, I'm getting white start up screens instead of blue and green (which I heard I will be getting those), never tried the older ver.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmmm, i heard that my crappy old r4 ultra is technically a partial acekard rpg clone... maybe i can use this firmware on it? well, my question is: if the firmware doesnt work, i can just put it's original firmware on and it will work fine... riiiight?

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So which is the better fw for the Acekard RPG? WoodRPG 1.02 or AKAIO 1.5? Im using AKAIO 1.5 at the moment and it seems fine. Ive even got The Legend of Zelda, Spirit Of The Tracks to work, took me a little wile but I got therte in the end.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
BOTH are fine just try !

logical thinker said:
dib said:
But it is backwards in other aspects too, so he has a lot of work before catching up to AIO in terms of features. There isn't even a cheat database function implemented. Nor is it compatible with the AIO savelist files, and running what is essentially a beta software is not worth going through every single game just to detect the save type before moving back all my .sav files.
Beta software? Catching up to AIO in terms of features? Back then, instead of joinning AKAIO Team, gelu continued to develop his firmware and let them use his code, because he had a different opinion about how the firmware should be. I think he preferred a simple, small, compatible and light firmware. Don't expect WoodRPG to implement AKAIO features nor "extras", like save state.
The cheat function is not that difficult to use and it IS compatible with savelist. Open globalsettings.ini and look for a line related to savelist, change 0 to 1.

takieda said:
I'm more looking for a clean cut de facto description of the differences, which would not only give me, but others reasons to use WoodRPG as opposed to AKAIO.
It would be very difficult to list every difference of the two firmwares. It is easier to just test it. I recommend WoodRPG for people that only want to play games (as it is the most compatible firmware for the RPG).

READ THIS TOO :
QUOTE(logical thinker @ Aug 15 2009, 04:12 AM)
The RPG uses a savelist to store the save type of the ROMs you played (it automatically detects the save type in the first time the game saves) and the save types you have manually set. There are 3 "types" of savelist: savelist.bin, provided by Acekard Team with a lot of save type already set (errors are rare, but it seems that they don't update it anymore, so games released in 2009 are not in the list); savelistex.bin, this is where the RPG stores the save types (automatically detected and manually set) when you are using Official firmware or AKAIO; GAMEDATA.BIN, where RPG stores the save types (automatically detected and manually set) when you are using gelu's firmware or WoodRPG.
If you update to WoodRPG and don't enable that line and play a game you were playing with Official or AKAIO, the RPG will have to detect the save type, by doing this, it will overwrite your old save with a blank save and you will lose your progress in the game.

Credits to logical thinker for these valuable posts ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol