Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
the original filetrip upload has been updated. the file (1.35_v2) now includes the fixed ds_menu.dat. the link is the same as in the news post, only the file was re-uploaded.

you can get the same file from here: http://www.r4idsn.com/WOODR4/update_r4.zip

-another world
OK, so I guess this will work. Did YWG post this or was it from the previous poster?

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ywg said:
1.35.1 for r4 available through online update. Problem with save on some microsds — fixed.
When I compare the __rpg map of an 1.35 version updated on 1.34 via online update with the __rpg map of the 1.35_v2 version on filetrip I find differences.

Of course the there are differences in the user settings but what bothers me is that the online updated version did not update savesize.bin; it is still the 1.34 version while the filetrip 1.35_v2 file has a newer savesize.bin.

Because of this I do not trust the online update feature. While it updates the most important files it doesn't update everything to keep the version on the flashcard in sync with a clean filetrip version. Maybe this still needs some work...

This is just a minor remark, I'm very happy with Wood R4 and am really grateful for the work YWG keeps putting in to it. I have great respect for this; keeping in mind this is just a hobby project it is amazing!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
6Toushiro9 said:
OK, so I guess this will work. Did YWG post this or was it from the previous poster?

ywg linked me to the file r4idsn was hosting, the same file you get through the update. i put that file in the folder and reuploaded it. i did not add or adjust any other file from the 1.35 archive i previously uploaded.

-another world

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
6Toushiro9 said:

ywg linked me to the file r4idsn was hosting, the same file you get through the update. i put that file in the folder and reuploaded it. i did not add or adjust any other file from the 1.35 archive i previously uploaded.

-another world
Thanks, that's good to know.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iRhyme said:
I've done it.

Is your router SSID hidden? For some reason hidden routers don't work with DS homebrew. Whenever I want to update using the updater I have to go to the router settings, turn SSID broadcasting on and it'll work.

kitsuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Speaking of updates, I noticed when v1.31 was first released, there was a picture showing that the wifi update also updated the cheat database.

With respect to that, I have a few questions:
1) Is that the same cheat database file found on cheats.gbatemp.net?
2) If not, then is it possible for this cheat database file be uploaded somewhere as well?

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arras said:
Is your router SSID hidden? For some reason hidden routers don't work with DS homebrew. Whenever I want to update using the updater I have to go to the router settings, turn SSID broadcasting on and it'll work.
Also remember that at least the DS and DSL only support WEP encryption (and no encryption of course). If you use WPA or WPA2 then the DS cannot connect. I am not sure if this also applies to the DSi and newer DS versions.

arogance1

Trophies
XP
Country
kitsuke said:
Speaking of updates, I noticed when v1.31 was first released, there was a picture showing that the wifi update also updated the cheat database.

With respect to that, I have a few questions:
1) Is that the same cheat database file found on cheats.gbatemp.net?
2) If not, then is it possible for this cheat database file be uploaded somewhere as well?

In Response:
1. Yes it is the same file on the front page of cheats.gbatemp.net that hasn't been updated since March and will never be updated again.
2. Go to DS-Scene and download the updated cheat file from there manually

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
arogance1 said:
1. Yes it is the same file on the front page of cheats.gbatemp.net that hasn't been updated since March and will never be updated again.
if anybody wants host cheats for wood, no problem, only 3 conditions:
1. cheat file must contain version in header.
2. site must contain file with version.
3. cheats itself must packed by zip.

hkz8000

Trophies
XP
Country
after updating for some reason i get the infinite loading screen when i boot my ds. i've been using wood r4 for ages and this has never happened to me before . does anyone have any possible explanation of what's going on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/