Wode Jukebox Wii backup launcher

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by harroway, Oct 15, 2009.

Oct 15, 2009
  1. harroway
    OP

Newcomer harroway Member

Netherlands
    Hi all,
    since i couldnt find any info on this here using the search function, have a look here:

http://www.wodejukebox.com/wode.php

seems something similar to flatmii, except no pc needed? what do you think of it?

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    old news, plus it an ISO emulater that cost around $149

3. mverason

Newcomer mverason Member

United States
  4. harroway
    OP

Newcomer harroway Member

Netherlands
    well, since i have 3 different usb drives that refuse to be recognized using cios rev 14, i guess this could be a good option for me:)

5. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    or you could get a compatible one from the wiki list or even install cIOS222/223

6. djbubba2002

Member djbubba2002 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Haiti
    even plays NG games iso too on a Ntfs HDD ,,WOOT ..

7. harroway
    OP

Newcomer harroway Member

Netherlands
    i guess although its quite expensive, its good for people who dont want to fiddle around with the whole ios/cios thing. i also like it that you dont have to use the wbfs format. as long as it works as advertised (no worries about wii sytem updates etc) i would be happy with it.

8. Pakatus

Member Pakatus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    to be honest..it doesnt seem that attractive, let us consider this:

1 - Nintendo, has shown "us" that hardmod's can be striked. Let us see 4.2 , that already disabled many chips or removed functionality from the sames.

2 - WODE Tech Support, will never ...ever...be better than the wii modscene comunity. They can try...but never get the same answer as the comunity provides.

3 - There is no proof what-so-ever than H.Disks that dont work on cIOS249/222 will ever work on WODE. Are their "drivers" better than cIOS?

4 - Will people really open their consoles just to get what they can with Softmod and some care?

PS: I gotta admit, that GC emulation looks nice, and impossible now-a-days...but so did USB Loading..some 1 year ago.

9. mverason

Newcomer mverason Member

United States
    It's possible that you don't have to worry about wii system updates for a couple of months. As mentioned previously, I'm not sure if that could be said about a year from now.

10. harroway
    OP

Newcomer harroway Member

Netherlands
    thanks for your opinions so far...as long as its not released yet its hard to tell if its going to be good or not, i just think the specifications are promising.

of course that tiny blue screen is not as sexy as wiiflow, but i like the idea that its supposed to play anything no matter what. if that indeed is the case and if that will remain so is indeed something that we will find out later [​IMG]