With the EZFlash 3-in-1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Briankealing, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Briankealing
    OP

Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    Alright. I'm planning to get the 3in1 soon from DX. I have a few questions though -

1. Is AKAIO compatible with the 3in1 and 3in1+? The thought of GBAExploader confuses me.
    2. If you require GBAExploader, please give me a description on how it works?

There's probabilistically going to be more questions later.

2. geek_power

geek_power Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2009
    Canada
    Québec
    Yes, AKAIO is compatible with EZ Flash 3-in-1 plus. You don't need GBA Exploader. I can't get the rumble to work, however, but the RAM expansion and GBA games work perfectly.

3. Briankealing
    OP

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    Rumble doesn't work? [​IMG]

That's one of the main reasons why I want one.

4. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    I'm having the same problem - I had a stand-alone rumble pack that worked fine with AKAIO but now I've swapped it for the 3-in-1 it doesn't rumble at all. So I have a 2-in-1 basically [​IMG]

5. Briankealing
    OP

Nov 25, 2008
    United States
    Uh oh. I really want that rumble feature, and if the battery dies on the 3in1, it's a 1 in 1.

6. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    That won't happen for a long time though. If you want the rumble so bad: did you consider getting an Ewin Rumble Pack? They're very good and very cheap...

Imagine the RAM dying... It'll be a 0 in 1.

7. geek_power

geek_power Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2009
    Canada
    Québec
    I think you can change the battery if it dies. And the rumble on the 3-in-1 is so loud anyway, and the feeling is so bad, you might want a true rumble pak instead.

8. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Obviously, you've never used rumble. Rumble sounds much better than it actually is. Rumble on the DS isn't very "rumbly" (more like a buzz), it eats up battery, and it only works for a handful of games. In short, rumble pretty much stinks.

I have an eWin rumble and it's much better than the 3-in-1 rumble. But it still stinks.

-Bri

9. Smiths

Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

Feb 24, 2003
    United States
    The land of Dairy Queen
    rumble is fun in the sense tyou can crash the DS. metroid prime pinball + inf bombs cheat + rumble at max = DS CRASH

10. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    lawl @ 0 in 1... just throw away the pack in that case
    If the pack's physically destroyed, but not the PCB, does that make it a 3/2/1 in 0?