Misc Wireless Internet?

hayden two

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you need to have wireless internet to het wi-fi, because I bought the nintendo wi-fi connector thing. (That little white stick that plugs into a usb port) I can't seem to get it to work so ya anybody know anything on this topic?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
i got mine working so specify your settings.

if you install the latest software, you need to plug it and then it will proceed with the installation.

after installation, click the icon on the lower right and then accept the request if you try to connect via NIntendo USB. That's all.

Or you could just buy a Router for easier process

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
install nin wifi software follow le prompts
god i hate how people post crap then leave the topic without reading anymore

yokomoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After a huge amount of trouble I got my Nintendo Wifi USB adapter to work, but it quit working soon after. That was a couple of years ago, and I've given up on it now, Nintendo couldn't help me at all. Nintendo Wifi help website: no help, tech support: no help. I did everything they told me to try to no avail, and I finally got frustrated enough to just give up. I think it works for most people but an unfortunate few like me can't get it to work.

I did find out that anti-virus software like McAfee or Norton sometimes actually has to be turned OFF for the adapter to work properly. That was the clencher for me just giving up on it. And I really wanted Wifi to work too (couldn't wait to trade Pokemon), but your best route is probably to get a wireless router as I think the Wifi USB adapter is utter crap.

fkdunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the have the official nintendo dongle a few years back. I only plugged it in when I wanted to play Mario Kart wifi mode. The dongle pooped out on me in a couple of weeks, I guess the dongle got too hot? Anyways, dont waste your money on a stupid dongle.. get a wireless router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s