Wired connection sharing between pc and wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by collectedsoul, May 30, 2009.

1. collectedsoul
    OP

collectedsoul Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2009
    India
    Hi

I'm trying to get my broadband connection to work with both my laptop and the wii and can't find a way to make both work together at the same time. I keep having to call up my isp to change the bindings for my modem every time I switch my ethernet cable from my laptop to the wii and vice-versa. I'm thinking maybe a wireless router could solve the problem? Does anyone have such a config - dsl internet with cable modem followed by wireless router feeding both pc and wii?

2. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Apr 15, 2009
    Canada
    Vancouver Island
    It should most definitely work for you. A cheaper option could be a hub, but a router would be best. It doesn't even have to be wireless, although it would make things easier for y ou.

3. Richy Freeway

Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2006
    A hub won't work AT ALL. It MUST be a router. Preferably Wifi as the Wii supports this out of the box.

4. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    or a USB wifi adapter in the laptop and connect the Wii to that [​IMG]

Although as above A router is the best way either wired or wireless wireless is more convenient no mess between laptop and console [​IMG]

Would suggest getting a MODEM ROUTER though not just a router will save time in the long run having a router that can make the connection and be ALWAYS on so even if the laptop is off you can still use the Wii [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice