aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found an archive containing all the European download packs on the WipeoutZone forums. It's just a collection of folders within the SAVEDATA folder containing the relevant expansion-pack goodness. I extracted it to my MMS, and loaded Wipeout Pure.

My question is simple: is it normal that it now takes 25 seconds to get between "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" and "Language Selection" (on a grey screen, with the MMS access LED flashing). It used to take five without the download packs, maybe less.

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I get the funny feeling that the *first* time I booted Pure with the download packs freshly copied over to the MMS, it didn't take any longer than without them.

It's distressing how few relevant results show up for "grey screen", "download packs", "loading times" and "Wipeout Pure" in a Google search...

Has anyone else used the download packs? Were the loading times affected for you?

PSP Slim 2003 TA-085 -- 5.50 GEN-D3 -- Sony NP9660 ISO driver -- Uncompressed rip of Wipeout Pure [EUR] (with the UPDATE folder stripped)

aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to have brought this thread to the top of the list again, but I thought it might be best, given that it's been a week. I'll let it die if nothing happens from here.

I'll quickly ask again. Does anyone remember using the Download Packs on Wipeout Pure, and if so, do they remember any increased initial loading times? Cheers.
tongue.gif

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I've used download packs for the US version of Wipeout Pure and, yes, it loaded significantly slower. I was not surprised though, given it's a lot new files, several megabytes each.

aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AC/DS: Ah, okay. I was actually quite surprised, since I would've thought that all it would need to load prior to an actual race would be a plaintext-like list of tracks/craft, and the skin you've got set up. At least now I know I'm not doing something stupid. Cheers a bunch!
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...