Homebrew [WIP] Wumiibo- Amiibo Emulation for 3ds

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my ignorance here but I've got this running just fine on my son's 3ds but is there any way for me to use this with the Citra emulator? If not, does anybody know of thread I can go to to find a way to load Amiibos into the Citra emulator without the need of navigating the menu/using a mouse? Like a hotkey program that sends the Amiibos straight to Citra? Preferably using ahk? Thanks in advance and thank you for such a useful utility @Kartik

SmolBoiSantax

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello, I've just downloaded wumiibo on my 3ds to use on shovel knight, but the wumiibo menu doesnt show up and in wumiibohelper the download wumiibo option freezes in a white screen and reboots when i press b, I believe this is a mistake on my part somewhere and I'd like to ask for any help or advice, if it helps I downloaded wumiibo from Universal DL, thank you.

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I've just downloaded wumiibo on my 3ds to use on shovel knight, but the wumiibo menu doesnt show up and in wumiibohelper the download wumiibo option freezes in a white screen and reboots when i press b, I believe this is a mistake on my part somewhere and I'd like to ask for any help or advice, if it helps I downloaded wumiibo from Universal DL, thank you.
Did you read https://github.com/hax0kartik/wumiibo/wiki/Usage-guide-for-Wumiibo-and-WumiiboHelper ?

EDIT: Just tested myself... it would appear, the new Luma version is no longer compatible :(

Last edited by Hark0n,
Reactions: SmolBoiSantax

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Here, grab the cia from the link in this post and install it using FBI, and then from within the app try installing wumiibo. It should hopefully work.

Others, please confirm that it works, so that I can tag a new release on github.
https://mega.nz/file/wANSiSrA#3zffZjJHaCFseYSCzgdcdLkoOsnOKpAbaydcaKqOx-c

Vell

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I have released a new version which should fix the issues with luma v12.0. Enjoy! :)
Hello ! i would like to notify that a new luma3ds version released after the e-shop closing so i think the shared link in your post won't be working , atleast not for me as i just tried it. I assume you already are aware of it and a new version is probably on the working so i apologize if this post is useless, i just wanted to add a feedback just in case .
thanks in advance !

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
  • Love
Reactions: Raylight

yuza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to download wumiibo from the wumiibohelper and it says that it downloaded but then it says "verification failed please manually install the app" It doesnt work later so is there a way to manually install wumiibo?

maximusvr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to download wumiibo from the wumiibohelper and it says that it downloaded but then it says "verification failed please manually install the app" It doesnt work later so is there a way to manually install wumiibo?
I second this.

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is probably common knowledge at this point but I ran into issues trying to use the latest version of wumiibo with the Fire Emblem Fates IF translation patch so i'm just going to paste this for future players. I'm assuming it didn't show up in "Generate amiibos" since it's the JP version of the game.

Install wumiibo cia to your home menu with FBI, open wumiibo and click Download Wumiibo then make sure toggle Wumiibo State is enabled

Go to FBI, find the title ID for your version of FE: Fates. I'm using the IF translation from serenesforest which uses the JP version of the game so mine is 000400000012DE00 for example

Create wumiibo folder in sd root and make a folder inside that folder with your FE Fates title ID. So now I have a folder called 000400000012DE00 in the wumiibo folder

Get the compatible amiibo bins for Fates from github https://hax0kartik.github.io/amiibo-generator/ which are Ike, Lucina, Robin, Marth(not sure if the other FE amiibos are supported since I haven't tested them yet)

Add the amiibo .bins to the wumiibo folder on your sd

After that I registered my Lucina "amiibo" thinking it would sole the crashing issue(didn't:

From the home-menu, press on the Wrench icon on the top-left corner.

Scroll Down and Select Amiibo Settings.

Select Register Owner and Nickname.

Now press the START+L+Dpad Down buttons simultaneously. This SHOULD bring up the wumiibo menu.

Select the Select a figure option.

You'll see the folder you created with Fate's title ID so Press A the folder

You'll see your amiibo bin files. Select the amiibo which you want to register.

Fill in the details which are required and Once you are done with making changes, tap Save. You can just hit save if you dont care for nicknames/details

-Although registering my amiibo didn't fix the crashing I'd still register at least one of the amiibo bins since wumiibo detected all of the amiibo bins in the 000400000012DE00 folder i created inside the wumiibo folder on my sd when I opened wumiibo after launching Fates (I'm pretty sure you could skip the whole registering thing if you don't care for organization)

this fixed my crashing issue:

1. After you have opened your game, press home button.
  2. Open wumiibo menu and choose your figure.
  3. Press home button again to go back into your game
  4. then just go to the crystal ball and try to "scan" your amiibo again, it'll pick up the one you selected automatically. Then all you have to do is repeat steps 1 to 4 for your other amiibos
Also not sure if this part is necessary but I -created another folder called 0004013000004002 in luma/titles/ and pasted the 0004013000004002.cxi in it from https://github.com/hax0kartik/wumiibo/releases/tag/v4.2

I got all the troubleshooting solutions from https://github.com/hax0kartik/wumiibo/wiki/Usage-guide-for-Wumiibo-and-WumiiboHelper in the OP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1