• Likes 30

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I try to open my save file and it says corrupted or NOT A TOMODACHI LIFE FILE can some one help!

Your save file is "savedataArc.txt" ? If the filename is not savedataArc, extract your save with another homebrew

I have the Japanese version on a USA 3DS. Will this work for that?

I don't know you can test but backup your save before use the editor, and tell me if it work please

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this, or any other editor, remove the time traveling penalty? My clock got reset whilst doing arm9loaderhax prep and installation.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Speculation: anti-TT games save the raw date from the clock chip, and adjusting the time resets it to the first possible day (and the offset is stored somewhere on nand?)

The Config dev cia has both a "clock" and a "raw clock" option, and last time I checked (a few weeks ago, after removing the battery for repainting my 2DS) the raw one had a date in 2011...

ThornB123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mochag.com
XP
Country
United States
I can never use the unlock all headgear and colors option, it will always give me a corrupted save.

Is there some trick to this? Everything else is working....

Last edited by ThornB123,

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Speculation: anti-TT games save the raw date from the clock chip, and adjusting the time resets it to the first possible day (and the offset is stored somewhere on nand?)

The Config dev cia has both a "clock" and a "raw clock" option, and last time I checked (a few weeks ago, after removing the battery for repainting my 2DS) the raw one had a date in 2011...

I'll will try but I guarantee nothing

I can never use the unlock all headgear and colors option, it will always give me a corrupted save.

Is there some trick to this? Everything else is working....

It work now normaly, @haunty help me for fix it, I have tested each offsets one by one.
Try with last version

ThornB123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mochag.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been, I can use any other option just fine but whenever I use the headgear one it will tell me the save data is corrupt when booting up the game.

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have been, I can use any other option just fine but whenever I use the headgear one it will tell me the save data is corrupt when booting up the game.

try to repair with a Hex editor (Set FD to offsets 151E, 1575-1577), It corrupt another time, send me your save please

Can confirm that trying to unlock everything corrupts the save file. (Using USA Cartridge)

ok, try to fix that

For USA version : All headgears and colors and All Special Food corrupt save, don't use them, I will fix them on the next update

Last edited by Brion,

Noahkiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something else seems to also corrupt the file, I tryed unlocking everything except 'headgears and colors' and 'special foods' and it still corrupted. If you have other things you want me to test, let me know and I'll do it.

ThornB123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mochag.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, probably should have added that I am using a USA cia, and my Tomodachi Life is v1.1. I see you edited the main post about USA versions, hope there is an easy fix for it :)

I can still try out repairing the save with a HEX editor, if needed.

Last edited by ThornB123,

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Something else seems to also corrupt the file, I tryed unlocking everything except 'headgears and colors' and 'special foods' and it still corrupted. If you have other things you want me to test, let me know and I'll do it.

Sorry, probably should have added that I am using a USA cia, and my Tomodachi Life is v1.1. I see you edited the main post about USA versions, hope there is an easy fix for it :)

I can still try out repairing the save with a HEX editor, if needed.

Thanks, but I tested one by one unlock things with a USA Tomodachi Life cia 1.0, only All headgears and colors and All Special Food corrupt save, It's weird. It slows me now.

EDIT : I can confirm all unlock things works except all headgears and special food on Tomodachi Life US 1.0

scr_1_10.png
scr_2_10.png
scr_3_10.png
scr_4_10.png
scr_5_10.png
scr_6_10.png
scr_7_10.png
scr_8_10.png
scr_9_10.png
scr_1010.png

Last edited by Brion,

Charizarding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love if there was a way to get specific Islanders married, or even interested in each other...

Or at the very, VERY least, get rid of hats from their wardrobe. I'm...a perfectionist about that. :<

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey there, just wondering if it'd be possible to change explorers to residents. I kinda regret sending my kid out, haha

(I havn't had a chance to try the program yet)

for the moment no, but I will try to do it

Edit : I need USA saves for found all offsets of headgears and color, if someone wants to send me his save file, it would be nice thanks

Last edited by Brion,

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Awesome, I want to "clone" my EUR sav to a EUR sav created in another console. Will this program do that? My old 3DS died and The save on The SD is attached with that one and cant be used in The new one...

Last edited by JPnintendo,

Brion

Cheating for yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Awesome, I want to "clone" my EUR sav to a EUR sav created in another console. Will this program do that? My old 3DS died and The save on The SD is attached with that one and cant be used in The new one...

If you you extract your save before yes, otherwise it's death
If you have your savedataArc.txt save file your can use it in your other Tomodachi Life game

Last edited by Brion,
Reactions: JPnintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom