OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HexEditor v0.25

Update :

A new version of the HexEditor is available !

Changelog:

v0.25:
- Writing a file is much much faster
- The file browser now supports folders having more than 29 files
- Moving the cursor in the file browser doesn't refresh the whole bottom screen anymore
- More information on screen while opening a file

v0.1:
- Initial Release

Hello everybody, I am new here, this is my first post for my first homebrew on the 2DS/3DS. I was looking for my first homebrew to program so I decided to write an hex editor : it's interesting to write it and I think it can be useful for you.

Features:
  • Browse sdcard
  • Edit a file
  • Save a modified file (might take a while if the file is big)
How to edit a file:
From the browser, use the D-Pad to navigate between files/folders and press A to select. Then the editor will open the file (can take a moment if the file is big). You will be able to naviguate throught the bytes with the pad and edit the values thanks to the small keyboard on the bottom screen.

Go to address:
On the hex editor, you can go directly to a given address. To do so, press X and then enter the address with the virtual keyboard. To validate the address, just press A. To cancel, press X again, the small window will disappear.

Exit to homebrew launcher:
Press Select to return to the launcher. WARNING, the file won't be saved if you exit ! So save the file before exiting (with Start button)

Screenshots:
Homescreen:

scr_12_TOP_LEFT.png

scr_11_BOTTOM.png

editor:
scr_10_TOP_LEFT.png

scr_10_BOTTOM.png

goto window:
scr_9_TOP_LEFT.png

Known bugs:

A lot, in both file browser and the editor itself.
I am still woking on it, it's only a kind of preview.

THANKS TO:
Big thanks to all the developers who created libctru, homebrew launcher, *hax... Well, 3DS hack.

This is still a BETA
If you have any suggestion, feel free to tell me

Attachments

• hexeditor025.zip
    249.6 KB · Views: 654
Last edited by marshmallow,

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Awesome work! Always good seeing new homebrew come about
Personally this isn't something I would use, but it's definitely a handy tool and I get the feeling people will use it
Especially being able to edit hex values for some stuff (IIRC it could be done to do stuff with badge arcade? I think)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Thanks for your support guys.

This is a classic hex editor, so it's possible to let your mii have a gold pant as soon as you edit the right file, at the right offset with the correct value:P

Cool!

Perhaps we could have a preset with this homebrew that gives our miis golden pants? That would be awesome :)

Reactions: Cha0s Em3rald

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool!

Perhaps we could have a preset with this homebrew that gives our miis golden pants? That would be awesome :)
Yeah. Something like

'You enter the home menu there are two options'
1. Normal Hex Editor
2. Make your Mii a pimp

then you click on make your mii a pimp and you can choose which mii you want from the name you give it. Click A and badda boom badda bing. Your Mii will be getting all the ladies.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! I don't know much about hex editing so I'm hoping people will post some of their edits for apps and stuff so other people can duplicate it.

Reactions: SLiV3R

marshmallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is awesome! I don't know much about hex editing so I'm hoping people will post some of their edits for apps and stuff so other people can duplicate it.

Thank you !
@BurningDesire and @SLiV3R gave me an interesting idea which matches with what you said. I am currently thinking about doing something like this, I will keep you all informed;)

Reactions: SLiV3R

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work! Don't know how often I would use this but this is cool, especially since this is your first release.

more FFE item hacking on the go I guess.

Anyone have a recommendation to copy a file in 3ds?
Like a file browser? I'd recommend CTRXplorer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-