Homebrew [WIP] PHBank - Pokémon Homebrew Bank

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you can see on the github. I finished the great-refactoring. I just have to "release it" now.
Don't expect it to be nicer. It's a code reformat. (@adiktus)

If you can understand these lines. You will find that I am putting eggs printing data as shiny using the trainer of the save, not the original trainer.

https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Setting_up_Development_Environment

So basically you are saying it is going to be a shiny if you hatch it. correct? IE: esv = 100 and tsv = 100 then you make the little star show up.

The issue is due to trading online you can trade the egg with esv = 250 to someone that has tsv = 250 have them hatch it and give it back for a shiny. also thanks for the dev link I am going to be setting it up this weekend :)

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Is this tool "cheating"? When i use it to transfer my pokemon from Y to AS, does it effect my online playing/ban?

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm when ever I try to compile the source it creates the files but when I load it on the 3ds i get stuck on the red screen right before it goes to the box. Any clue on how to fix this?

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version on Github use the PKSave homebrew.
And need his data localization to be changed.

If you still want to try it, here is the new file tree: https://github.com/gocario/PKSave/blob/master/PATH.md

I was able to get it all working and added sv to the gui. Fairly simple change I just made it display the sv for all pokemon as you can tell if it is an egg based on the bottom screen. (only Snivy is an egg)Thanks for the help getting the correct files working (and making the application of course).

QGK3THf.png
fetWtHr.png
A3qSQ7Y.png

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems the save function isn't saving to the bank in the latest version. If I move a pokemon to the box then save and exit then reopen the app the pokemon vanishes.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was able to get it all working and added sv to the gui. Fairly simple change I just made it display the sv for all pokemon as you can tell if it is an egg based on the bottom screen. (only Snivy is an egg)Thanks for the help getting the correct files working (and making the application of course).

QGK3THf.png
fetWtHr.png
A3qSQ7Y.png

Do you want that:

ss+(2016-01-10+at+11.11.43).png

It seems the save function isn't saving to the bank in the latest version. If I move a pokemon to the box then save and exit then reopen the app the pokemon vanishes.
I get the Pokémon (save and bank) saved. I dunno what happens...

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you want that:

View attachment 35058

Are you talking about the egg by the pokemon sprite on top and covering the sprite on the bottom? I like the one up top but the one on bottom seems a bit odd. What about putting a small pokemon sprite on the bottom right corner of the egg. I will try to recompile and see if that fixes it.

Edit:

So I did a bit more testing and it seems this is the issue. I had assumed in the tree you sent me that the bank file was in /pk/

└───bank
└[{...}]

With this it would just eat the pokemon without saving them. When I put the bank file in /pk/bank/ it seems to load everything just fine.

Last edited by tobiobito,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
can you make a cia version of this? if theres already one, link me to it please... :3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what about custom backgrounds for boxes... I really want to use my girlfriends art as my hbank backgrounds :3

Reactions: Shadik09

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you make a cia version of this? if theres already one, link me to it please... :3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what about custom backgrounds for boxes... I really want to use my girlfriends art as my hbank backgrounds :3
Working on it. ;)
Do you want that:

View attachment 35058

Hey I am having an issue time to time where spaces without a pokemon in it load a large black tile.
muvCgFj.jpg

Taquito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't find the answer with the search button so here's my question:

It's possible to use the app with a digital game? I'm only being able to use it with my cartridge >.<

tobiobito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find the answer with the search button so here's my question:

It's possible to use the app with a digital game? I'm only being able to use it with my cartridge >.<
Yes, with the latest development it seems you will need to dump your save then reinject it. Not sure if he updated the build for that though. When (if) it says press a to select your cart hit left or right to cycle through the games on your sd. (if your game is in emunand you need to launch emunand > hbl > phbank)

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am completely new and I just don't get it to work.

Where do I get these Files? DataFiles and PHBankFiles? PHBank don't show up in the Homebrew Channel.

1. It must contain /pkbank/data/en/[DataFiles] and /3ds/PHBank/[PHBankFiles].

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am completely new and I just don't get it to work.

Where do I get these Files? DataFiles and PHBankFiles? PHBank don't show up in the Homebrew Channel.

1. It must contain /pkbank/data/en/[DataFiles] and /3ds/PHBank/[PHBankFiles].
The current version use the datafiles within /pkbank/data/en/FILES_en.txt and PHBank files are within /3ds/PHBank/PHBank.3dsx (.smdh, .xml).
PHBank folder must have the exact same name as the 3dsx, the smdh and the xml.
But a big release (not about content) if going on, in the dark.

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, I see, my mistake.
I downloaded the PHBank Master Folder, but that was incorrect.

Everything works fine now!
Thanks for the great work!

Last edited by Funkentanz,

NinjasaurxSUD

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi! I think you had a really good idea doing this! Is really useful! I really want the next actualization, well, I'm trying to translate the english data to spanish and want to know what you think about it. Thanks! :)

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I think you had a really good idea doing this! Is really useful! I really want the next actualization, well, I'm trying to translate the english data to spanish and want to know what you think about it. Thanks! :)

For those of you who want it, here's kind of an european (de/es/fr/it) translation patch I made for myself.

I used the files from PKHex database and converted non-ASCII characters to their ASCII counterparts. This isn't perferct (some hardcoded GUI elements cannot be translated, and some texts look odd without non-ASCII characters) but should be in a working state. I opened pkbank at least once under each of these languages but didn't test everything, so there may be harmless issues (graphical issue if a name is too long for the GUI for example).

Just choose your language folder and copy the 5 files it contains into SD:/pkbank/data/en. If you want to revert back to normal, copy the files from the "en" folder or use pkbank folder from OP (they are the same).

It should still work with the latest PHBank version, otherwise you should just have to do some renaming to make it work.

Attachments

• PHBank_language.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 235

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ