Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see why there couldn't be a cia version, all the thing involved in is to select a main file to read, then edit the file. but this homebrew want to take the job of other savedata managers,so it became homebrew dedicated. there are many other ways to extract savefiles,a built-in pokemon savefile extractor is not really nessesary.
the game selector, that's all homebrew aka arm11 cia is arm9.

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
TerraInveditThreedee is an editor for terraria.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/terrainveditthreedee-terraria3ds-inventory-editor.409112/
There are versions .3dsx and .cia
Like Terraria editor, I think it's possible to have PCHex++ or PHBank in .cia
(I just think)

What I wanted was that the PCHex++ and PHBank had a GUI. And they have! I'm glad to see the two homebrews that I like so much, receiving updates that we ask to Slashcash and Gocario.
Of course, they do it without asking anything in return. And I admire them, by knowledge and interest to make homebrews so good!

Now that many people have access to CFW, many people will ask for .cia version. (me too) But for now, I'm happy with .3dsx version. ^_^

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/terrainveditthreedee-terraria3ds-inventory-editor.409112/
(I just think)

What I wanted was that the PCHex++ and PHBank had a GUI. And they have! I'm glad to see the two homebrews that I like so much, receiving updates that we ask to Slashcash and Gocario.
Of course, they do it without asking anything in return. And I admire them, by knowledge and interest to make homebrews so good!

Now that many people have access to CFW, many people will ask for .cia version. (me too) But for now, I'm happy with .3dsx version. ^_^
terraria is one game only, pchex/phbank can use 4 different titles. meaning you have to select your title.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
terraria is one game only, pchex/phbank can use 4 different titles. meaning you have to select your title.

Exactly that. Terraria is a single game while there are four different pokemon game instead. So a sort of "title selector" should be programmed to make it work as a .cia. Didn't say it's impossible just that it's tedious and needs some work.

Reactions: dsoldier

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
a title selector won't work on arm9 which cia's run on. Only arm11.

the point is the homebrew doesn't need to select titile at all, what it need is to read a savefile. so making a way to select and read a savefile placed on sd card will be just fine

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the point is the homebrew doesn't need to select titile at all, what it need is to read a savefile. so making a way to select and read a savefile placed on sd card will be just fine

In my opinion the purpose of PCHex++ is to provide a fast and easy way to make little adjustments to your pokemon without the need to switch to your pc. In order for it to be fast it has to access the save file directly. Of course PCHex++ could just read a main save file extracted with a save manager but i can't see why someone would prefeer to pass through a save manager instead of doing it directly

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
since theres now a ds save manger could you add nds pokemon game support to transfer mons to gen 6 with out bank i know that it requires transporter anyways but my pokebank expired and i still have it installed on my 3ds and mys second 3ds has cfw

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(I just think)
Terraria use the extdata, not the savedata.
+ as Slashcash said, we would need to implement a title selector within the source for CIA exclusive build, which is, for me, not a priority.
since theres now a ds save manger could you add nds pokemon game support to transfer mons to gen 6 with out bank i know that it requires transporter anyways but my pokebank expired and i still have it installed on my 3ds and mys second 3ds has cfw
Just extract your nds save and use it with PKHex or another computer tool seriously...

joimme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This thing is absolutely amazing. I'm not really THAT into competitive Pokémon battling therefore don't edit/inject Pokémon, but knowing that this exists still makes me happy.

Stracker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, it's nice to see my project is not dead after those last few months, It spawned some worthy successors !

I might contribute to PCHex++ if I get some time on my hands, I'll also have to get myself up to date on the general 3ds hacking scene before that though.
Still, keep up the good work !

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, it's nice to see my project is not dead after those last few months, It spawned some worthy successors !

I might contribute to PCHex++ if I get some time on my hands, I'll also have to get myself up to date on the general 3ds hacking scene before that though.
Still, keep up the good work !

Nice to see you here! I hope you like the take on the project, it is based on your work and very respectful of it.

I guess no one knows how SaveDataFiler works yet? :/

We know how savadatafiler works. Or at least we can replicate the way savedatafiler works. It's just that it requires some adjustements to the program and it's better to do it once the code has everything in its right place.

Last edited by Slashcash,
Reactions: AileenLumina

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
your sd card\folder named pk\ folder named PCHex++\folder named import\pk6 files here

The build attached to the first post creates the folder no matter what. It throws an error screen at startup if they don't get generated.

If you are using the latest build and you are getting no error screen than it means that the folder are generated. Look at the root of your sd card for a folder called "pk"

then place the files in "/pk/PCHex++/import

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i did that in the morning but with vinegar +2