ROM Hack [WIP] New Love Plus unpacker

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A friend of mine asked if I could RE the model format used on New Love Plus for the 3DS. The models looks pretty nice, so I accepted the challenge :P

Since looks like this game is pretty much untouched (hacking-wise), the first step was extracting the "img.bin" container, that have pretty much all the data used by the game, so I made this small tool in C#. There are still a bunch of unknown stuff on this file, so I can't guarantee that the output is totally accurate.

Bin:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy5ckoav21sidgc/NLPUnpacker_v0.1.4.zip?dl=0
To use it, drag and drop the "img.bin" into the exe. An "Image" folder will be created with the output.

Source:
https://github.com/gdkchan/NLPUnpacker

The background are in *.jpg format, models uses a custom *.smes, *.bone, *.smat, *.mdl format. Ill work on them soon.

Last edited by gdkchan,

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The build was updated to version 0.1.3.
The main change is that, the SERI encoded files (that were originally YAML files I guess), are now converted into XML format. I made it this way because those files uses the String Table on the PACK container. If the SERI was extracted directly, it would be useless without the PACK String Table.

Reactions: omegart and Dgrin

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Build on the first post has been updated again, to version 0.1.4. I removed some redundant stuff from the xml files. Ohana3DS was also updated to load the model files (*.mdl.xml) on the git repo.

Below you can see some models
UULCGx1.png

ybNNl5X.png
It is half-working atm, which means that some models have blending problems.
Please note that ohana3ds will only work with *.mdl.xml files extracted with this tool, for the reasons I explained above (the SERI being dumped as xml).

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ohh wuahhh the end results look simply amazing!
I'm a bit puzzled though, the way the Manaka model is rendered looks like it originated from the DS Love Plus game and not the 'NEW' 3DS version or is it just the Ohana3DS rendering and a funny coincedence?

also Is there any way you could offer your help to the translation project where we're trying to figure out how to work around the scripts? https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-help-new-love-plus-translation.395574/

Last edited by Dgrin,

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ohh wuahhh the end results look simply amazing!
I'm a bit puzzled though, the way the Manaka model is rendered looks like it originated from the DS Love Plus game and not the 'NEW' 3DS version or is it just the Ohana3DS rendering and a funny coincedence?
Probably because it doesn't have lighting, and lacks the cel-shading effects provided by the game shaders.
Heres how it looks like after being rendererd on C4D:
ZJsbbkE.png

also Is there any way you could offer your help to the translation project where we're trying to figure out how to work around the scripts? https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-help-new-love-plus-translation.395574/
Hmm, help with what exactly? A script for extracting the script texts was already provided on that thread.

Reactions: Dgrin

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Heres how it looks like after being rendererd on C4D:

[EDIT]: this is really interesting, so it seems along with the NEW 3D models the ones from the LovePlus 2009 DS game are also still packed in the files, here's a sample of the 3D models from the 2009 DS game:
310543_369753373101054_1573014975_n%201.jpg~original

comparison between DS LOVEPLUS [2009] and 3DS NEWLOVEPLUS/+ [2012/2014] models:
ge9sqpki.png~original

I've added your tool in the [PROJECT] NEWLOVEPLUS+ Custom MODs Thread for future use, thank you!

Hmm, help with what exactly? A script for extracting the script texts was already provided on that thread.

sorry for being that forward and posting something so irrelevant in your thread
(just realized you were the one who helped with the tool!)

Last edited by Dgrin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Already got a few aids they help me +1