ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Rainm_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Alright I've decrypted an 1.1 update cia, I have put the arc folder inside the romfs folder and merged it with the existing arc folder, but how do I rebuild the .cia?

advurb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Thanks for your work on this patch. Sorry if this is a nooby question, but I'm not quite understanding the install options.

I have o3ds with stock 9.2 firmware (planning to install rxtools or some other CFW since MHX will not run on the homebrew region free launcher, I get red screen and must hard boot). I understand NTR CFW is only for n3ds, so that's not going to work for me. I own a physical copy of MHX and no flashcart, is there any way for me to use the patch? Just a bit confused about the other options and would like clarification before I start.

After searching and reading tutorials, it seems what I should do is dump my cart's rom (.3ds) then convert to cia, then decrypt as indicated above to apply the patch, then install the cia using rxtools? Any confirmation or help would be very much appreciated.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
After searching and reading tutorials, it seems what I should do is dump my cart's rom (.3ds) then convert to cia, then decrypt as indicated above to apply the patch, then install the cia using rxtools? Any confirmation or help would be very much appreciated.

Or save yourself the trouble and download a pre-patched v9 cia file from that ISO website.

advurb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or save yourself the trouble and download a pre-patched v9 cia file from that ISO website.
Thanks for the help, another user directed me to this solution, but I heard something about a public header that can be detected by capcom and perhaps could get you banned. I'd like to play online, is there a risk of ban with the pre-patched file?

zephor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, another user directed me to this solution, but I heard something about a public header that can be detected by capcom and perhaps could get you banned. I'd like to play online, is there a risk of ban with the pre-patched file?

I think you're safe if you're using a prepatched cia. Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but the problem is if you're using 3ds/z files, right?

EDIT: Also, I was able to transfer my save. Really easy process actually, but there isn't much guidance or instruction for it. If anyone would like the process just quote me and I'll post it.

Last edited by zephor,

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We had this discussion on page 45. It is safe to use the prepatched cia, no trusted reports about bans.

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, to make a transfer between two prepatched .cia, svdt is the way to go right? Where is located the save data file?

edit: nevermind, nothing was erased. But @dasding , The NTR method doesn't work with me, I copied the contents of NTR plugin, Mhx and plugin at the root of the SD, I launch BootNTR from my home menu, and then when I start MHX the screen doesn't flash green. Any point I might be missing?

edit again: well nevermind, restarted the whole procedure, worked like a charm. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by Hikenkami,
Reactions: bomigoton

Pamizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am having difficulty getting this to work for me. I did the CIA method but when I run the game it never loads. I was loading it through the region-free launcher of homebrew. Will it not work that way? I'm new to everything and I have no idea how to do it the way everyone else is doing it.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi I am having difficulty getting this to work for me. I did the CIA method but when I run the game it never loads. I was loading it through the region-free launcher of homebrew. Will it not work that way? I'm new to everything and I have no idea how to do it the way everyone else is doing it.
I would like to help, but we need more information. What system are you using? new or old 3ds? Which region? What firmware version are you on? Are you using cfw or gateway? Was the cia prepatched? Was it RF (region free) and FS (firmware spoofed)? How did you run the cia through regionfree launcher?

Maybe just upodate your system (meaning cfw or gateway, not the 3ds firmware!) and it will run. I followed this to setup my n3ds, works like a charm!

Last edited by bomigoton,

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

Just a few questions.

I installed the translation via the "lazy" method, by getting a pre-patched cia file, then installed, followed by the 1.1 update. My questions are as follow:

Does the 1.1 update cia have to be a patched one as well? I saw on the OP that the 1.1 update cia shouldn't break the translation at all, so I'm just making sire due to my second question.

See above question for how I installed - I just started the game, and all of the dialogue spoken by each character, as well as every quest name is still untranslated, but I swear I saw that most dialogue was translated, as well as quests, am I correct? The cia I installed was a "v9" translation, perhaps it was mislabeled? Are these things supposed to be untranslated, or once I get further, will it fix itself?

And for my final question. I also installed bootNTR and placed both the "plugin" and "mhx" folders in the root of my SD card. I decided to try and troubleshoot it myself before asking everyone here a stupid noob question, so I decided to try to "repatch" the game using the "preferred" method. Once launched, it said that everything went well, and to go back to the home menu, which I did, then I proceeded to launch MHX. Once l launched it, it asked me if I wished to close NTR, so naturally, I said yes, and launched the game. The screen flashed green, which I knew was supposed to happen because I read. But then the game hung there after the green flash on a black screen for roughly 3 minutes before I decided to reboot. My question: Is that black screen supposed to happen? Do I wait longer? Retry? Does repatching break the translation further (ex. repatching halfway, so broken now)?
- If what I have done thus far is incorrect, would anyone please offer assistance, or clarification as to my data and if it is normal?

* edited * Also, on a 9.2 N3DS with 9.5 emuNAND using rxTools coldboot with boot manager

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
See above question for how I installed - I just started the game, and all of the dialogue spoken by each character, as well as every quest name is still untranslated, but I swear I saw that most dialogue was translated, as well as quests, am I correct? The cia I installed was a "v9" translation, perhaps it was mislabeled? Are these things supposed to be untranslated, or once I get further, will it fix itself?
Read the first post, slowly, again and again until you find your answer.

Last edited by justln,

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
* edited * Also, on a 9.2 N3DS with 9.5 emuNAND using rxTools coldboot with boot manager

The dialogues spoken are not planned to be translated. It would be a lot of work, and most people (especially the ones that are doing the translation) dont need them, as most of the dialogues is just "bla bla" (meaning not important to progress in the game). However, if you are skilled in japanese and want to help, maybe you can help translate the stuff that is missing.
Read from here (page47) to learn what is the actual state of the translation.
Oh: If you want to know what the NPC Dialogues are, use your smart phone, make a picture, and run it through google translater. The OCR module will find the japanese letters and give you an idea what they say. And you will see, it is not important.

If you want to use the NTR plugin you need to use the "vanilla" MHX cia (meaning unpatched japanese). Else it does not work. NTR method only works on new 3ds (more RAM). Old 3ds users should use the prepatched cia method.
Edit: my fault, NTR works with prepatched cia. see post below.

Last edited by bomigoton,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to use the NTR plugin you need to use the "vanilla" MHX cia (meaning unpatched japanese). Else it does not work. NTR method only works on new 3ds (more RAM). Old 3ds users should use the prepatched cia method.
NTR actually works on patched MHX cia, I'm using the v9 NTR plugin with a V6 prepatched cia file.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Greetings,

Just a few questions.

I installed the translation via the "lazy" method, by getting a pre-patched cia file, then installed, followed by the 1.1 update. My questions are as follow:

Does the 1.1 update cia have to be a patched one as well? I saw on the OP that the 1.1 update cia shouldn't break the translation at all, so I'm just making sire due to my second question.

And for my final question. I also installed bootNTR and placed both the "plugin" and "mhx" folders in the root of my SD card. I decided to try and troubleshoot it myself before asking everyone here a stupid noob question, so I decided to try to "repatch" the game using the "preferred" method. Once launched, it said that everything went well, and to go back to the home menu, which I did, then I proceeded to launch MHX. Once l launched it, it asked me if I wished to close NTR, so naturally, I said yes, and launched the game. The screen flashed green, which I knew was supposed to happen because I read. But then the game hung there after the green flash on a black screen for roughly 3 minutes before I decided to reboot. My question: Is that black screen supposed to happen? Do I wait longer? Retry? Does repatching break the translation further (ex. repatching halfway, so broken now)?
- If what I have done thus far is incorrect, would anyone please offer assistance, or clarification as to my data and if it is normal?

Are you sure that you use the correct NTR plugin version? If you installed 1.1 you need to download the 1.1 link.

I added some questions that were repeatedly asked in the last few days to the FAQ. I would be very thankful if you could ignore people who aren't able to read the FAQ, asking the same questions over and over again. This lazy behavior should not be rewarded with helpfulness.

Last edited by dasding,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
NTR actually works on patched MHX cia, I'm using the v9 NTR plugin with a V6 prepatched cia file.

Also got this going atm, I had v8 patched CIA and later setup NTR for other some of its other features thought I would try MHX and v9 runs fine over the v8 :) still feel like I should install the un-patched version but such a hassle to pull that SD Card out.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Also got this going atm, I had v8 patched CIA and later setup NTR for other some of its other features thought I would try MHX and v9 runs fine over the v8 :) still feel like I should install the un-patched version but such a hassle to pull that SD Card out.
You could always install the microSD management cia file and copy it over WIFI but it takes a while.

Pamizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to help, but we need more information. What system are you using? new or old 3ds? Which region? What firmware version are you on? Are you using cfw or gateway? Was the cia prepatched? Was it RF (region free) and FS (firmware spoofed)? How did you run the cia through regionfree launcher?

Maybe just upodate your system (meaning cfw or gateway, not the 3ds firmware!) and it will run. I followed this to setup my n3ds, works like a charm!

Oh right sorry I'll tell you all what I have.

I'm currently using my O3DS because my N3DS is currently being repaired due to damage. My Region is USA. I downgraded my O3DS back to 9.2 firmware. I dont have CFW or Gateway so I guess I should look into the tutorials on how to get them.

I think i patched it but i guess since I dont have Gateway or CFW it wont work on the homebrew channel with the region unlock. I got the 1.1 update CIA from the ISO site. Not sure if it was already prepatched.

Aallaaniaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh right sorry I'll tell you all what I have.

I'm currently using my O3DS because my N3DS is currently being repaired due to damage. My Region is USA. I downgraded my O3DS back to 9.2 firmware. I dont have CFW or Gateway so I guess I should look into the tutorials on how to get them.

I think i patched it but i guess since I dont have Gateway or CFW it wont work on the homebrew channel with the region unlock. I got the 1.1 update CIA from the ISO site. Not sure if it was already prepatched.
MHX Doesnt run on fw below 9.5 - Unless you are using a fw spoofed/crypto fixed CIA. So that could be why.

Sebastian Kruse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've just tried the "Lazy Method" to run MHX but if I want to install it, I got the error "INVALID_TITLE_VERSION" from FBI during the installation process. I use the patched version from the iso site (v9 pre patched). Is there anything else I need to run it? If I try to start my normal eShop copy of MHX it crashes with an error and I need to reboot my 3DS (first I want to use the NTR Method but my game will not even start since the downgrade to 9.1 and the installation of EmuNAND etc....).

Last edited by Sebastian Kruse,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==