ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Xelran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to report an issue.

Doing weapon training and then checking your guild card crashes the game and restarts the 3ds as long as those quests stay in the Hunter log.

1.2 and new character made in 1.2

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Newbie Question :
Can i uninstall my v8 mhx from my 3ds and install the v9 cia without loosing my saves ? :blush:

yep. you can take out the main game without losing the save. on the other hand, if you install the prepatched 1.2 update, you'll automatically go to v10 without deleting anything.

Burakidiosu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yep. you can take out the main game without losing the save. on the other hand, if you install the prepatched 1.2 update, you'll automatically go to v10 without deleting anything.
I get an error when i try to install le 1.2 update on my EmuNand

cb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can some one help me please! i downgraded my new 3ds to 9.2 an i have browser hax but now i cant play mhx it wont load in the HBL wat am i missing??:(

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant play mhx it wont load in the HBL wat am i missing??:(
By default the MHX cartridge requires firmware 9.9 or higher, so after the downgrade it can't deal with 9.2 via Homebrew's Region Free launcher.

For n3DS only, you can use the cartridge and indeed the 1.2 translation patch update if you launch FreeMultiPatcher first. I recommend setting up emuNAND and unlinking your NANDs (i.e. by formatting sysNAND with TinyFormat) before getting into all that.

There's plenty of good guides on setting everything up.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/407080/

Last edited by Pixel Eater,

blademaster09

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to report an issue.

Doing weapon training and then checking your guild card crashes the game and restarts the 3ds as long as those quests stay in the Hunter log.

1.2 and new character made in 1.2

Having this issue as well. I've only done weapon training quests. Tried checking guild card 3 times and the game crashes every time.

luan43

Trophies
XP
Country
can i install the cia update 1.2 from "that" website on a .3ds mhx version? or do i also need the cia version of the game?

Xenost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can i install the cia update 1.2 from "that" website on a .3ds mhx version? or do i also need the cia version of the game?

I'd say it would work the same as if you had the cartridge, so ok for N3DS and not ok for O3DS. I'm not sure about that but let's try it.

rxfbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having this issue as well. I've only done weapon training quests. Tried checking guild card 3 times and the game crashes every time.

same here, offline or online, if you check the guild card the game crashes and exit to sysnand, i can enter and play online @Weltton , i have eur 3ds xl, with rxtools 2.6 and emunand 10.3, and mhx version 10 and patch 1.2 and works everything fine, only the guild card is the problem, the game crash

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
For those whose game keep crashing, have you tried completing harvest quests to clear the quest history?

Edit: Friend also have the same issue after clearing Nyanta Tutorials, asking him to clear Harvest quest to see if it'll help.

Last edited by justln,

cb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By default the MHX cartridge requires firmware 9.9 or higher, so after the downgrade it can't deal with 9.2 via Homebrew's Region Free launcher.

For n3DS only, you can use the cartridge and indeed the 1.2 translation patch update if you launch FreeMultiPatcher first. I recommend setting up emuNAND and unlinking your NANDs (i.e. by formatting sysNAND with TinyFormat) before getting into all that.

There's plenty of good guides on setting everything up.
u think u can walk me through on wat to do? cuz im kind of new to this an dont understand emunand or sysnand thank u i wud really apreciate it!

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@smealum reports on twitter ~ an hour ago:
"getting reports that nintendo has started blocking online play on older firmware versions. can anyone confirm ?"

Anyone can confirm online play works or not?

source:
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/694386072944377857

Edit:
"confirmed, played MHX and can't go online"
Looks like we have to update to 10.5. And I was so lazy and stayed on 9.5 ...
Tonight I will try if reinand 10.3 works.

Last edited by bomigoton,

Xenost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@smealum reports on twitter ~ an hour ago:
"getting reports that nintendo has started blocking online play on older firmware versions. can anyone confirm ?"

Anyone can confirm online play works or not?

source:
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/694386072944377857

Edit:

I'm on Reinand 10.5, and it works fine.

Reactions: bomigoton

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit:
It doesn't. I had 10.3 "pre-loaded" on my 9.5 EmuNAND and updated via System Settings (for whatever reason it just installed 10.3 instead of actually checking if there's a newer version).
10.3 still had the "System update required" message. Updating to 10.5 as we speak.

Reactions: bomigoton

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat