Status
Not open for further replies.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're now generating pads 5-6x faster than decrypt9 and rxTools! Truly a beautiful sight to see after having dealt with CTRNAND (and Xenoblade's ROMFS) generation. Especially that last one.

Also NAND dumping is about 8-9x faster, but I can't give a comparison to GW's speed since I've never used their launcher on New 3DS. Ha.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're now generating pads 5-6x faster than decrypt9 and rxTools! Truly a beautiful sight to see after having dealt with CTRNAND (and Xenoblade's ROMFS) generation. Especially that last one.

Also NAND dumping is about 8-9x faster, but I can't give a comparison to GW's speed since I've never used their launcher on New 3DS. Ha.

Awesome, any specifics on the cause?

Gateway I think takes about 15 minutes on the New 3DS (1.9GB version).

Reactions: Margen67

NewWorldOrder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

wow. /me faps

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I've been meaning to ask, what are your thoughts on emuNAND 9.6 for New 3DS?
Perhaps it's been answered before, so sorry if I'm asking again.
they have said it probably wont be possible unless gateway or someone suddenly find something to dump the new keys......but they plan to spoof 9.5 to still allow eshop access etc, but that will only work for so long

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A question for the members of the project: if you had to write 3 game titles (for the 3ds, of course) that you liked most, what would you say?

(yeah, I want to try something new)

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could somebody please say a few words about the difficulty level of a nand mod for the New 3DS XL? I'm confident with my soldering skills but I'm afraid that you can mess up the dis- and reassembly of the 3DS.
Also how do you route the cables since the nand points are on the other side of the board and where do you put the connector for the card reader. And which card reader works reliably with it.
Thanks.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Could somebody please say a few words about the difficulty level of a nand mod for the New 3DS XL? I'm confident with my soldering skills but I'm afraid that you can mess up the dis- and reassembly of the 3DS.
Also how do you route the cables since the nand points are on the other side of the board and where do you put the connector for the card reader. And which card reader works reliably with it.
Thanks.
well it depends on how familiar you are with disassembling stuff like 3DS consoles, mobile phones that kind of stuff, its hard to really put a scale of difficulty on it as for some people it would be pretty simple, where as other people may struggle with getting the ribbon cables etc out without damaging them.....basically if your good at fiddly work in tight spaces its pretty simple, if your a bit heavy handed it would be easy to screw up your console by tearing one of the ribbon cables

in terms of the actual soldering work its not really that difficult (again for someone with a fairly moderate soldering experience, i wouldn't suggest it to a complete soldering beginner i have seen a few console come my way with ripped pads etc due to people overstating the simplicity, its easy if you already have experience)

Reactions: sanni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?