Status
Not open for further replies.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, for example, I have a copy of a JP Smash Bros, and I'll be running it under KARL CFW, would I have the option to boot it with the english text/assets of the game?
I'm not sure if there's any practicality in this.

It's possible, yup. We're not sure which style of region patching to do yet, but that's one of two styles.

Reactions: Lord Prime

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, for example, I have a copy of a JP Smash Bros, and I'll be running it under KARL CFW, would I have the option to boot it with the english text/assets of the game?

Unless we implemented proper region spoofing (Gateway does this through their multiselect menu or whatever hooks they have on cart launching), it would always use the system/emuNAND's region and language settings. Interestingly the way GW does it causes some interesting quirks which triggers Japanese language settings on other titles (or in MT card's case, since they always set the region to Japanese in games, make everything look weird or Japanese)

Lord Prime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible, yup. We're not sure which style of region patching to do yet, but that's one of two styles.

Thanks, I'm guessing the other one is booting games using their native assets. I hope there would be an option between the two types of region patching.

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Say I did have an Android device, how would that help me search and modify the RAM of my favourite 3DS game allowing me to create AR/GS type codes? How does godot allow me to downgrade my browser or update my 4.5 3DS to 9.2?

Holy shit those examples. "Downgrading your browser" or "Updating your 3ds" isn't homebrew. You're talking about tools that finally enable you to do homebrew. Please tell me about which interesting apps you'd see that use stuff exclusive to the 3DS system that doesn't apply to other devices. And a realtime RAM dumper that works alongside a game? Whoa, you're losing me here man.

But most importantly, how is your post relevant to this topic? Oh wait, it isn't.

Uh oh

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who here is a pirate. We will burn them at the stake. I'm a pirate - oh oh that's me! yeah, yeah, and I'm a real thief too. so what? you gonna keep me from using one software when other developers will create more piracy enabled stuff over time. Its going to happen, it always does especially with the shear volume of pirates out there.

Reactions: Margen67

Furrymatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who here is a pirate. We will burn them at the stake. I'm a pirate - oh oh that's me! yeah, yeah, and I'm a real thief too. so what? you gonna keep me from using one software when other developers will create more piracy enabled stuff over time. Its going to happen, it always does especially with the shear volume of pirates out there.

Okie dokie then...

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're a pirate then go make your own CFW and pirate as much as you want. Or support a project which supports piracy.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Why'd the demand for ARM9 stuff disappear as soon as we made it possible?
why demand what's there?

Amish Broz JP will be engerlish inside game, as commented on by smealinium when she released her region three bighax.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what ive read if it was up to you, you would support the piracy...(or at least the open sourceness :P)

I wouldn't support piracy, I just don't care if others do it, and I do not want to be directly responsible for a warez loader (name association and whatnot). And basically what Dazzozo said, I love open source, but it has it's consequences in some cases.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well then fuck the "fame and glory" and release it anonymously :P

or secretly share info with the dudes working on oska. that would be nice and helpful. i mean sharing is caring and they obviously dont care if theyre linked to an open source cfw for 3ds

to be honest i mean you're doing it for fun anyway and is the several likes you'll get when it releases worth it? Wouldnt the satisfaction of knowing that you made everyone happy, pirates and homebrewers alike?

lol you could be like the fireman or policeman of the 3ds scene. Doing awesome shit for everybody without taking any sort of personal credit! You could be the true gbatemp super heroes! Instead of the gbatemp justice league hahaha

Furrymatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

or secretly share info with the dudes working on oska. that would be nice and helpful. i mean sharing is caring and they obviously dont care if theyre linked to an open source cfw for 3ds

to be honest i mean you're doing it for fun anyway and is the several likes you'll get when it releases worth it? Wouldnt the satisfaction of knowing that you made everyone happy, pirates and homebrewers alike?

lol you could be like the fireman or policeman of the 3ds scene. Doing awesome shit for everybody without taking any sort of personal credit! You could be the true gbatemp super heroes! Instead of the gbatemp justice league hahaha

ROBINHOOD!

Reactions: codychaosx

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Completely missing the point. It's not about having names on stuff, it's about morals. And legal responsibility too! Pirates sure love pretending that there aren't legal repercussions for opening a console wide open to piracy and having your name plastered on it.

I have asked KARL member to clear the license of KARL several times, but I have not received the answer yet.
So, how should I use the source code? I can regard it as in Public Domain?

https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/bootstrap/blob/arm9-kernel/LICENSE

Reactions: NEP and 173210

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely missing the point. It's not about having names on stuff, it's about morals. And legal responsibility too! Pirates sure love pretending that there aren't legal repercussions for opening a console wide open to piracy and having your name plastered on it.

https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/bootstrap/blob/arm9-kernel/LICENSE

Of course they don't, because they aren't doing the work. I need the scene to just die. Wulf I command you and your team to meet disband silently.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they don't, because they aren't doing the work. I need the scene to just die. Wulf I command you and your team to meet disband silently.
Even if we were to withdraw in some capacity, there'd be no reason for us to disband. We're just having a fun time messing with the 3DS ultimately.

EDIT: to be clear, we're not going to do anything like that, though. The project is still on track for release, and slowly getting there.

Reactions: Kuifa and Dazzozo

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I don't know what it is with people arguing and complaining about OSKA and KARL... People should be greatful that there's people who's working their asses off, developing stuff like this. If they don't like the fact that the teams don't support piracy, then they can go fuck off and buy a Gateway or Sky - it's as simple as that.

I appreciate the work of both teams and I wouldn't blame them if they decided not to release anything at all - I'd probably be pissed off if I were them at the moment. I think both project's bring a lot to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...