Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we get an update on the first page post on progress? I hate searching through pages and pages of replys to see current status. Thanks!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have also personally tested that new homebrew. I restored a 4.3 backup and then updated to 9.2 direct to sysnand using CIAs built from UpdateCDN. I of coarse excluded the TWL_FIRM and DS Cart White list CIAs. Then ran his homebrew that calls fourth the magical AM:InstallFirm service and it doesn't brick after reboot. :D
mset still working?
Made a banner that may or may not be used in the soon to be AM:FirmInstall homebrew. No promises. It's up to the dev. :P
This one doesn't even need an update, what the deuce?

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Will your emunand be compatible with gateways? Because they provide a simple way in there launcher to create one and it works without their card, so you wont have to provide one :P
Also could you add different system languages? Because the JP N3DS doesnt support any other language than japanese.

Thanks for your awesome work, I am looking forward to finally play my european games on that machine :)

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will your emunand be compatible with gateways? Because they provide a simple way in there launcher to create one and it works without their card, so you wont have to provide one :P

They've said that they're going to use a different, more efficient EmuNand format, but that it will be fairly easy to convert a Gateway EmuNand to a KARL EmuNand.

Reactions: Margen67 and Zidapi

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
Yeah, we had emunand on New 3DS before Gateway released New 3DS support, and we tried to translate their old format to the New 3DS to be compatible with their future release... apparently they decided to waste a lot of space on the SD card in the process.

Edit: fwiw, that "exploit", I don't think anyone has it doing anything useful yet

Reactions: capito27

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yeah, we had emunand on New 3DS before Gateway released New 3DS support, and we tried to translate their old format to the New 3DS to be compatible with their future release... apparently they decided to waste a lot of space on the SD card in the process.

Edit: fwiw, that "exploit", I don't think anyone has it doing anything useful yet

on your edit, the "exploit" you're talking about is the one on the pastebin that is all over GBAtemp ? (being http://pastebin.com/3e0ErvyP)

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on your edit, the "exploit" you're talking about is the one on the pastebin that is all over GBAtemp ? (being http://pastebin.com/3e0ErvyP)

Yeah, the one that's literally just the spider exploit that got patched in 9.5.0-23. Also people need to know that if this gets made into anything (if it's exploitable in SKATER), it's still just an entrypoint and won't allow any stuff like what we're doing here.

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
so, am i right to believe that the said pastebin in not a Fake, but that anyone on the public scene has yet to implement it ?
(might sound redundant,but i just want a confirmation that this is somewhat real from a dev I trust)

There's no confirmation that anyone has implemented it, ever, other than a video of SKATER crashing with some dubstep, which doesn't prove anything.

Edit: reminder that you would of course, still need 9.2 for any "fun stuff", but if an exploit did come out of it, it would be a "free" (read: no gamecard required) entrypoint for New 3DS

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No pastebins please! It clogged the thread a while ago and we don't want it again!
Make a new thread instead of derailing this one. That info is pretty interesting, but alas it doesn't belong in this thread. (I got in trouble :wacko: )
Ahh it seems the student has become the teacher :P

I understand people are excited about possible new exploits but keep them out of this thread.

Chances are the KARL crew have already seen said paste. I hate coming to this thread to see that there are three new pages only to discover it's three pages of off topic irrelevant crap like this.

Edit: If you want the KARL devs opinion on the latest pastebin "leak" then create a new thread and post a link to it here. But keep the discussion in said thread.

Relys, Wulfy and SonyUSA have all weighed in on this latest paste in the thread itself.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would we be able to install devmenu on an emunand(on n3ds(sysnand:9.0) without the gateway?
tht would be realy nice =D
No. DevMenu is proprietary Nintendo code, illegal and would require signature checks to be disabled.

Disabling said checks would allow free, easily accessible piracy for all 3DS owners.

A free, legal alternative is available in BigRedMenu though. If you want to be able to install Nintendo developer tools you can buy a gateway or wait for OSKA to be completed.

One of those isn't like the others, one of those knows jack shit!
Relys is male? But I'm sure he already knows that.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No. DevMenu is proprietary Nintendo code, illegal and would require signature checks to be disabled.

Disabling said checks would allow free, easily accessible piracy for all 3DS owners.

A free, legal alternative is available in BigRedMenu though. If you want to be able to install Nintendo developer tools you can buy a gateway or wait for OSKA to be completed.

sure it would alow piracy but that's not my interest but i understand gonna wait and hope for oska,do u think oska will finaly alow it?

Killaclown

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why are you on GBAtemp then?

To show us the errors of our way of course. How else could we possibly see the light? To use such diabolic methods to open our device is against everything humanity stands for.

Seriously though, can this be used in tandem with gateway to take everything even further? The improved Emunand is only some saved space right, but anything else? Great work nonetheless, glad to have a lot of options.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sure it would alow piracy but that's not my interest but i understand gonna wait and hope for oska,do u think oska will finaly alow it?
Yes, OSKA will patch the signature checks allowing you to install whatever you wish. Please keep discussion of OSKA in the OSKA thread.

Are you guys planning to update the ARM9 branch of bootstrap on Github to work with the N3DS?
Not before KARL is finished and released I suspect. Their goal is to provide the first flashcart free CFW for the new3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But for $20 he will still let you...