Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope you all know you are a SMALL handful of 3DS/2DS owners.. So, "rampant piracy" won't exactly affect anything negatively as the majority of you already have access to a piracy device. So, that argument is kind of dead...
You just don't get it do you? It's not "us" they're concerned about, it's everyone else.

Off topic:
Your sig indicates you have a 8.1J new3DS.

Are you aware that you can now update it to 9.2?

Reactions: Margen67

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Gah. How did I manage to miss that!? I'm just going to leave it I think :P

You can set up an emuNAND without a Gateway card, you just won't be able to load it for now.

You can't "re-enable the spiderhax" because a) it was never available in the first place because b) the new3DS has skater instead of spider.

k

they don't really need to re-enable it for sysnand, but emunand for things like pokihax, and skater downgrading.
I still need someone to explain why nobody's done anything with skater, I mean aside from smellium with the original ninjohox.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a crazy vuln. Allow me to take this moment to remind people: IF YOU'RE ON SYSNAND 9.5 OR LOWER (9.6 or lower on old3ds maybe, don't chance it though) MAKE A NAND BACKUP. DO IT RIGHT NOW. You will regret not doing it in the future, otherwise.

That is all I'll say for now.

Now how would one do this on 9.5.0-22U without a hard mod?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
k

they don't really need to re-enable it for sysnand, but emunand for things like pokihax, and skater downgrading.
I still need someone to explain why nobody's done anything with skater, I mean aside from smellium with the original ninjohox.
Again, you can't re-enable something that was never enabled in the first place.

Why has nobody done anything with skater? Because it doesn't have the same vulnerabilities as spider.

Perhaps there's nothing useful that can be done with skater?

Okay, I'm done with you. You're either a moron or you're having a stroke.

Either way, conversing with you requires patience I just don't have. Sorry.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to lock up that shit tight, don't want to see Gateway using your exploits.

Comments like these: we don't need to release plenty of our exploits for them to be helpful. You only need to decrypt something once to have a decrypted copy forever, after all.

I can't find anything on hard modding a N3ds, wut do?

Check the Hardware page on 3dbrew, I put up New 3DS pinouts a little over a month ago.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a crazy vuln. Allow me to take this moment to remind people: IF YOU'RE ON SYSNAND 9.5 OR LOWER (9.6 or lower on old3ds maybe, don't chance it though) MAKE A NAND BACKUP. DO IT RIGHT NOW. You will regret not doing it in the future, otherwise.

That is all I'll say for now.

Question: Is this vulnerability something that would allow a user kernel access without ninjhaxx, or will that always be required?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You just don't get it do you? It's not "us" they're concerned about, it's everyone else.

Off topic:
Your sig indicates you have a 8.1J new3DS.

Are you aware that you can now update it to 9.2?
You can be as much of an ass as you want. My point still stands.

Look. I've said what I wanted to. The topic just needs to be dropped on both sides. Devs included. Everything that needs to be said about it already has been. Mine was pretty clear and wasn't entirely aimed at the temp or its users. It's a statement about 3ds users as a whole. Anyone who wants to pirate already has options and most of those users have said options.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guys when the mods said cut the piracy talk they also mean stuff like "I hope gateway doesn't get this" or "lock it up tight to it's not reversed". Those statements are still intended to be statements on piracy. Since it's been made oh so clear that pro-piracy talk isn't allowed anti-piracy talk also isn't allowed.

So anyway, with the 9.6 release is karl stuck at 9.5 for the foreseeable future, or do you folks have something up your sleeves that might get past that?

Reactions: Margen67 and Kioku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Switch to Nintendo!