Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I hope you all know you are a SMALL handful of 3DS/2DS owners.. So, "rampant piracy" won't exactly affect anything negatively as the majority of you already have access to a piracy device. So, that argument is kind of dead...

..on an important note. How many times has this discussion happened in this thread with a mod (or two) coming in asking us to stop? Why is it continuously brought up?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I hope you all know you are a SMALL handful of 3DS/2DS owners.. So, "rampant piracy" won't exactly affect anything negatively as the majority of you already have access to a piracy device. So, that argument is kind of dead...

..on an important note. How many times has this discussion happened in this thread with a mod (or two) coming in asking us to stop? Why is it continuously brought up?

indeed. Even the DS was very profitable despite all the hundreds of r4's and decent flashcarts.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree, as long as there is new technology, there will be pirates! I mean the music industry has been on this complaint of "Stop downloading our music for free!" and yet i'm sure that over 95% of people in the world download it for free anyways. Yet they still make money! Regardless of piracy or not, it's going to happen and they still are like everyone else. They get up in the morning, get dressed, go to work, make games, release the games, and then go home. The Playstation 3 has pirated games, and they are still making games for it to the day, same for xbox 360, and the biggest gaming console is the PC and yet people pirate all the time. The point it, even if it does happen, you'll get a few people like me who get the games legitly and rip them just so that way you don't have to shuffle through 20 different carts to find the game you want. I'm not hating on your work because it is amazing, but like all developers, eventually it might be used for piracy, and you can't help that. Just like Robert Kahn and Vint Cerf, they didn't think the internet would be used for interacting with people or used to get free things, they made it to get information faster than walking down to a library and reading a book.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The new vuln that you founded ... It will be POSSIBLE to use KARL on <9.5 sysnand?

:)

Found a crazy vuln. Allow me to take this moment to remind people: IF YOU'RE ON SYSNAND 9.5 OR LOWER (9.6 or lower on old3ds maybe, don't chance it though) MAKE A NAND BACKUP. DO IT RIGHT NOW. You will regret not doing it in the future, otherwise.

That is all I'll say for now.

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Found a crazy vuln. Allow me to take this moment to remind people: IF YOU'RE ON SYSNAND 9.5 OR LOWER (9.6 or lower on old3ds maybe, don't chance it though) MAKE A NAND BACKUP. DO IT RIGHT NOW. You will regret not doing it in the future, otherwise.

That is all I'll say for now.

Just Made This Account To Say One (And More!) Thing, Thanks For Finding A Possible Exploit!

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how would you NAND backup on Sysnand 9.5 if the Gateway menu won't work?

That is directed to people who are on 9.0 - 8.1 n3ds that are capable of runing the GW menu. If this is for those who bought the console with 9.5 than there is no way in hell you're gonna be able to backup, well maybe with a hardmod.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must will feed the trolls.
Gah. How did I manage to miss that!? I'm just going to leave it I think :P

with sky you'll be able to run cubic ninja, which will let you make a nand backup of your system nand as it is now, and some things like dump retail saves etc.

You can't set up emunand or boot emunand without a gateway card, karl will do that herself when she wants to release it next year.
I'm unaware of any other software which can create an emunand on the n3ds yet.

Also, deggezezzo or whatever, you should re-enable the spiderhax too while you're at it.
Why not?
You can set up an emuNAND without a Gateway card, you just won't be able to load it for now.

You can't "re-enable the spiderhax" because a) it was never available in the first place because b) the new3DS has skater instead of spider.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is directed to people who are on 9.0 - 8.1 n3ds that are capable of runing the GW menu. If this is for those who bought the console with 9.5 than there is no way in hell you're gonna be able to backup, well maybe with a hardmod.

No. My comment was directed at users of firmware versions 9.3 or higher.

Also, we can do 9.6 emunand without the secure4-signed modules, but it's nowhere near ideal or something we'd want to release. Watch this space, though. We've got quite a few things we can try.

Those things being said, we don't really want to talk any more about 9.6 or the reason users should be taking backups until feature announcements (or at least demonstrations) are working. kthx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY