Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirbs

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's awesome. I hope this project finishes early in order to change my N3DS's region.

2. Hashtastrophe

Hashtastrophe Wizard

Canada
    I'm 99.99% sure you can. Remember that the unit's serial is stored in this file so it might make using your NNID kind of a pita in some cases. (You'd need to call NoA to manually move the NNID to the donor serial if you've already moved it)

Something like that yeah. There was a theory that you could inject an older FIRM*.bin to get access to the patched exploits with new FWs because those aren't console unique like other content is. Then use Cubic or OoT to launch gateway's launcher and DG to 4.x, upgrade back to 9.2. (Won't work on N3DS/2DS obviously) I'd test it out but I'm one of those people that won't even bother modding my 3DS until I brick it because I'm a lazy manchild. I also have zero clue as to if that would even work, seems it might but I'm waaay tired so I'm not really a reliable sauce of info atm.

3. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States

This.

If it's permanent, then I've got another N3DS on the way.

boomie0123 likes this.
  4. Kracken

Kracken GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm assuming a region change from JP to US would require a JP copy of Cubic Ninja?

I know work is being done on 8.1J, how has that progressed? I have a 8.1J console and I am thinking of ordering a JP copy of CN for region swapping.

boomie0123 likes this.
  5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

depends if cubic ninja will be able to be used without the browser installed, oot might be a more viable route....or just a sky3ds so then you dont have to gamble on either route

ravihpa likes this.
  6. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

If you're changing the region of sysnand, you'll need both a JP and a US copy. Or a sky.

Margen67 and Artemis-kun like this.
  7. Kracken

Kracken GBAtemp Regular

United States

Well, yes, but if CN ends up working with 8.1J that is a much cheaper route compared to a sky3ds.

Does the team here think that they will get CN to work with 8.1J?

8. Slushie3DS

Slushie3DS Cold Beverage Lover

United States
    Ah, great explanation. I wonder if you could just replace the things that are needed for the MSET without having to go through those hoops. That seems a bit too good to be true, though.

9. Artemis-kun

Artemis-kun Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'm glad that you pointed this out, because even though it seems glaringly obvious now, I definitely didn't even consider it til you pointed it out. Presumably, just the JP copy would suffice for region free though, right? I really don't want to also have to find a US copy... -_- It's really upsetting that Nintendo can't just give in on this issue and patch out the region locking. That would be the stuff of dreams and would restore a bit of my faith in Nintendo.

10. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

United States
    Loading an old FIRM wouldn't do much of anything for us. Ninjhax already works on 9.5 with some simple tweaks anyways. We probably won't ship those tweaks, though, because they might cause compatibility issues with other software. Ninjhax won't be necessary with what we're releasing anyways.

Also on the note of re-enabling the MSET exploit, it's not really that insane. We'd just reboot into a non-emunand FIRM with AM checks patched and install it over the newer one.

11. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Pardon my ignorance, does this mean this will work on 9.5?

Margen67 likes this.
  12. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    If you read the rest of the post you might get the impression that this is not supposed to happen.

Memoir and MrJason005 like this.
  13. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Canada
    You know, the devs of this project, or any other capable person could see a good flow of money if they started converting n3ds EU/JP consoles to US ones. ;)

MrJason005 likes this.
  14. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Norway
    You dont say...

[​IMG]

15. 2Hack

2Hack HYPiavelli

Canada
    lol, I meant before it is released to the public. otherwise they would be competing with too many people.

guitarheroknight likes this.
  16. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

meh i'm going for the exclusive market....Korean n3DS consoles XD

MrJason005 likes this.
  17. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Yes, I understand. My question was if it was possible.

18. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

United States
    My bad, no. I meant you can get ninjhax going through modified 9.5 for homebrew on emunand, not from sysnand or anything. It's a stopgap thing we occasionally use for testing.

19. Slushie3DS

Slushie3DS Cold Beverage Lover

United States
    So, any news?

20. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Some pages back one of the dev team mentioned you might be looking at your own emuNAND format instead of Gateway's.

But your post seems to indicate that you'll be using Gateway's to maintain compatibility. Is this something that is yet to be finalised, or has the decision been made to stick with the established format?

I ask because while I have a gateway, I'm not interested in pirating. What I am interested in is installing the latest Monster Hunter title update so I can play online.

If I setup an emuNAND with my Gateway, would it be compatible with KARL3DS or is it too early to say?

If you did decide to go with your own redNAND format, would converting from Gateway's to yours be relatively easy?

For example something like extracting emuNAND with emuNANDtool, patching the extracted partition , then reinjecting with emuNANDtool.

Margen67 likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loadcode, KARL3DS, Ninjhax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.