ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I went back to make sure I was right. The unit shows Silas, and his dialogue show him as Shura (Even in the script). And after I beat the chapter the unit is still Silas but any dialogue shows him as Shura. :hateit: I may kill of "Shura" Before I beat chapter 8 because from experience having two of the same unit can cause issues. Rip Boots :cry:.....

Last edited by Ganondorf_Dragmire_Drag,

MakenMD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way at all to recruit characters you have to talk to in battle to get? In Chapter 11 of Revelation, Corrin didn't have the option to talk to the Saizo-replacement and upon clearing the map, I only got Orochi [who wasn't Elise, the character she was randomized into, although I suspect that to be because I needed to mess with files because of a crash on completion of the chapter]

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way at all to recruit characters you have to talk to in battle to get? In Chapter 11 of Revelation, Corrin didn't have the option to talk to the Saizo-replacement and upon clearing the map, I only got Orochi [who wasn't Elise, the character she was randomized into, although I suspect that to be because I needed to mess with files because of a crash on completion of the chapter]
The option should be there, though I identified something that could potentially break those interactions recently. I'd like to have a fix out for it in the next update.

archerfates77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some difficulties with Conquest Chapter 12. The game freezes right after the introductory sound clips of the Laslow replacement and Peri replacement play (and right before the cutscene goes into map view, I believe). It freezes on a black screen if the cutscene is watched the whole way through, and on the skipping screen if the cutscene is skipped entirely.

Now, I already have another Laslow and Peri from earlier randomizations; I'd like not to have to get another of either of them by playing the chapter through vanilla. I'm not sure if they would be replaced at the end of the chapter by their intended replacements, or if they would continue to stay as they are. Is there anything that I can do at this point?

('Playing it through vanilla', for me, entails launching the game through the normal DS launcher rather than HANS, skipping through the cutscenes, and saving as soon as possible. This fixed the hangup that I had in chapter 7, but doesn't work as well in this case, since I end up with two Peris and two Laslows.)

MakenMD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a crash at the beginning of Chapter 16 in Revelations, immediately upon My Castle loading up. Tried following the troubleshooting guide but replacing the files didn't fix it. I have a feeling it might be the Felicia/Jakob scene [where they come to My Castle to join you] thats causing it.

Replacing castle_join solved the crash.

Last edited by MakenMD,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some difficulties with Conquest Chapter 12. The game freezes right after the introductory sound clips of the Laslow replacement and Peri replacement play (and right before the cutscene goes into map view, I believe). It freezes on a black screen if the cutscene is watched the whole way through, and on the skipping screen if the cutscene is skipped entirely.

Now, I already have another Laslow and Peri from earlier randomizations; I'd like not to have to get another of either of them by playing the chapter through vanilla. I'm not sure if they would be replaced at the end of the chapter by their intended replacements, or if they would continue to stay as they are. Is there anything that I can do at this point?

('Playing it through vanilla', for me, entails launching the game through the normal DS launcher rather than HANS, skipping through the cutscenes, and saving as soon as possible. This fixed the hangup that I had in chapter 7, but doesn't work as well in this case, since I end up with two Peris and two Laslows.)
Try removing/replacing every file from your bev folder that starts with "B012." If that doesn't work, you'll have to try replacing the map script (B012.cmb) or the dispo file (GameData/dispo/B012.bin), but either of those replacements would lead to you getting double Peri and Laslow.

Replacing castle_join solved the crash.
That's the second report I've received regarding castle_join causing crashes, so I'll start testing the file to see what's causing the issues.

I'd also like to mention that I am working on a more long term solution for the unstable script/dispo file editing, but it will be awhile before it's ready.

MakenMD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the second report I've received regarding castle_join causing crashes, so I'll start testing the file to see what's causing the issues.

I'd also like to mention that I am working on a more long term solution for the unstable script/dispo file editing, but it will be awhile before it's ready.

Good to hear. On the topic of the 'talk to recruit' issue, when I played through Ch.15, I was able to recruit the Nyx replacement... by talking to Nyx herself, who was already in my party as the replacement for Hana. I'm guessing the game still expects the original target of conversation to allow the Talk option to show up.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good to hear. On the topic of the 'talk to recruit' issue, when I played through Ch.15, I was able to recruit the Nyx replacement... by talking to Nyx herself, who was already in my party as the replacement for Hana. I'm guessing the game still expects the original target of conversation to allow the Talk option to show up.

:D Too bad Hinoka wasn't in my party when i got to chapter 8 birthright. XD I needed to keep my avatar away from battle cause the three units swarmed her and stood stationary. But i ended up acquiring them once i beat the chapter.

MakenMD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:D Too bad Hinoka wasn't in my party when i got to chapter 8 birthright. XD I needed to keep my avatar away from battle cause the three units swarmed her and stood stationary. But i ended up acquiring them once i beat the chapter.

That last bit has given me a bit of a head-scratcher, actually, because in Revelations Ch.11, Saizo, Orochi, and Reina, as well as Kagero are supposed to join you on completion of the chapter as long as you either talk to them and/or they survive the map, but i only got Orochi on completion. Granted, that was the only chapter that crashed on completion, which forced me to replace the files to finish it, but i assumed I would've still gotten the characters I was supposed to get. I already had Kagero prior to then as well, but I didn't get a duplicate after completion.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That last bit has given me a bit of a head-scratcher, actually, because in Revelations Ch.11, Saizo, Orochi, and Reina, as well as Kagero are supposed to join you on completion of the chapter as long as you either talk to them and/or they survive the map, but i only got Orochi on completion. Granted, that was the only chapter that crashed on completion, which forced me to replace the files to finish it, but i assumed I would've still gotten the characters I was supposed to get. I already had Kagero prior to then as well, but I didn't get a duplicate after completion.

Yeah, like Silas was supposed to be replaced BUT HE WAS STILL SILAS. And I didn't get a second Silas after chapter 8 (He was supposed to replace Hayato). And Silas could reclass to his 3 randomized class options.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having an issue with ch 11 birthright. On enemy phase in turn 1 the game freezes When the Pegasus knight from the top of the map moves to its spot. If it's the last unit that moves on enemy phase this is happening Maybe because Reinas replacement isn't a flier? Or is the game trying to load my Amiibo replacement Reina? Idk.

Last edited by Ganondorf_Dragmire_Drag,
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It may cause some conflicts but I decided to do another attempt at randomizing another batch of the files and ensuring that Reina's replacement is a flying unit to see if this would fix things. I also made sure it was the same unit replacing Reina. This is just for chapter 11, and it may work. WISH ME LUCK! :grog:

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so. I have a JP Fates Special Edition.. and I keep on getting errors saying I'm missing files? I followed the instructions word for word.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so. I have a JP Fates Special Edition.. and I keep on getting errors saying I'm missing files? I followed the instructions word for word.
Japanese Special Edition will need to go through some extra steps due to different file layouts between regions. Check some of the older posts in the thread from @Ningyoplug. You'll need to move some files in your m folder to different locations.

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese Special Edition will need to go through some extra steps due to different file layouts between regions. Check some of the older posts in the thread from @Ningyoplug. You'll need to move some files in your m folder to different locations.
Alright will do in a bit and we'll let you know if I still have issues

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working, however only Birthright shows up as a randomizable run. This is fine, as I planned on playing Birthright Lunatic most likely however I would like to randomize other paths in the future. I have the JP Special Edition like I said before :/

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working, however only Birthright shows up as a randomizable run. This is fine, as I planned on playing Birthright Lunatic most likely however I would like to randomize other paths in the future. I have the JP Special Edition like I said before :/
You won't be able to randomize Revelation unless you can find a way to randomize the DLC, as Revelation isn't in the JP SE unfortunately. As for why Conquest isn't randomizable, I have no clue.

Kobazco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh on a side note. When rebuilding the romfs for the jp special edition, do I have to put the files back to their original location within the romfs for them to load properly? Since I moved them around in the randomizer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson