ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is what it needs to look like, yes?
mCwbIHM.png

The .cia was decrypted, yes. NTR is apparently 3.4. That's an okay version, right? Sorry for all the questions, I'm pretty new to anything 3DS-related that isn't freeshop or nervously following the plailect guide.
The NTR version shouldn't matter - I've used all 3 versions without running into any issues.

Reactions: Chary

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I seem to be having a similar (if not the same) issue, I've re randomized the game 2 or 3 times, and nothing seems to be working. I've included the same-sex patch as recommended in the OP, and my file structure should be correct. Any idea what I should do?
Post screenshots of your plugin folder (and the folder for the game), the root of your SD card, and the Birthright/Conquest/fefatesSE folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The NTR version shouldn't matter - I've used all 3 versions without running into any issues.
I've had issues with getting 3.4 to work properly with Fates.

cokacommando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post screenshots of your plugin folder (and the folder for the game), the root of your SD card, and the Birthright/Conquest/fefatesSE folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here we are, this should be everything, sorry bout this.

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    11.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    3.2 KB · Views: 146

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the issues with Fates only popped up in the newer versions of NTR, that might be part of it. I'm still on preview 4 of NTR, so that's probably why I haven't encountered any issues.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the issues with Fates only popped up in the newer versions of NTR, that might be part of it. I'm still on preview 4 of NTR, so that's probably why I haven't encountered any issues.
That might be it.
Here we are, this should be everything, sorry bout this.
That looks correct. What version of NTR are you using?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using 3.4, should I try booting something else? It just defaults to 3.4, so I'm not quite sure how to change that.
If you press and hold a button, I think it's B, when you launch BootNTR Selector (if that's what you're using), you can choose to use 3.3 or 3.2.

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again I need help, I've dumped my ROMFs and extracted them, but when I click open and verify on the folder of the extracted ROMFs nothing happens, an I suppose don't to go into one of the folders inside that?? I just don't know how to randomise everything
Make sure that you are following the tutorial. You are supposed to copy certain files from the romfs folder, clearly defined in the OP, then run FEAT on all of it, decrypting the files. Then open and verify the output.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
That looks correct. I would try re-randomizing, replace the .plg, and I would also try using NTR 3.3 or 3.2. I've noticed that 3.4 (with BootNTR Selector's recent updates) has started to not like Fates.
Re did the entire process, character models are still changed for cutscenes, but in battle, they are not. Azura is a dancer, despite the txt file saying she's been randomized to something entirely different. What in the actual heck am I doing wrong here?

Process:
get romfs from decrypted rom
toss those 4 folders into a storage folder
feat
randomize, checkmarking all paths, amiibo, join order and all 4 selections under it, skills, , stats, and DLC classes.
feat 2 electric boogaloo
get gay fates for the and copy it to plugin
copy fefatesSE folder from gay gates to root
copy those Storage files to fefatesSE
it overwrites M and Gamedata
boot NTR, boot fates, green screen, start new game, characters are random in the cutscenes, get to the battles, they're all the same, get to chapter 7, they're all the same

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re did the entire process, character models are still changed for cutscenes, but in battle, they are not. Azura is a dancer, despite the txt file saying she's been randomized to something entirely different. What in the actual heck am I doing wrong here?

Process:
get romfs from decrypted rom
toss those 4 folders into a storage folder
feat
randomize, checkmarking all paths, amiibo, join order and all 4 selections under it, skills, , stats, and DLC classes.
feat 2 electric boogaloo
get gay fates for the and copy it to plugin
copy fefatesSE folder from gay gates to root
copy those Storage files to fefatesSE
it overwrites M and Gamedata
boot NTR, boot fates, green screen, start new game, characters are random in the cutscenes, get to the battles, they're all the same, get to chapter 7, they're all the same
You're supposed to use the Gay Fates files during randomization, not after the randomization.

Get the files from the romfs into a folder. Override those files with the Gay Fates files, then randomize.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
You're supposed to use the Gay Fates files during randomization, not after the randomization.

Get the files from the romfs into a folder. Override those files with the Gay Fates files, then randomize.
Huh. I did that, but now the randomizer doesn't do anything when opened. I navigate to the folder and it just...does nothing.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well. Thanks for your help. I swear, a Lunatic Conquest solo run with just Mozu is easier than randomizing this.
Yeah, sorry about the difficulties. I'm working on some stuff to make the process easier, but I don't have anything to show at the moment.

Just to clarify, did you make sure to decompress the GameData file that comes with the same-sex patch before adding it to the randomizer files? Is the window just not responding at all after selecting the folder?

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sorry about the difficulties. I'm working on some stuff to make the process easier, but I don't have anything to show at the moment.

Just to clarify, did you make sure to decompress the GameData file that comes with the same-sex patch before adding it to the randomizer files? Is the window just not responding at all after selecting the folder?
Yep, it was decompressed. I even tried it without decompressing it, assuming perhaps that it was already decompressed to begin with. Neither worked. When opening the folder, the program doesn't go all "not responding"--it just pretends I never did anything in the first place.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it was decompressed. I even tried it without decompressing it, assuming perhaps that it was already decompressed to begin with. Neither worked. When opening the folder, the program doesn't go all "not responding"--it just pretends I never did anything in the first place.
Well, that's a little odd. Changing out files like that really shouldn't cause issues like that. I've never seen an issue like that before, to be honest.

I hate to ask this, but could you try running the .jar from the command line? From there, try to open the folder like you did previously. If an error shows up in the terminal, go ahead and post it here. I can try and have a fix for whatever the issue is out by tomorrow.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's a little odd. Changing out files like that really shouldn't cause issues like that. I've never seen an issue like that before, to be honest.

I hate to ask this, but could you try running the .jar from the command line? From there, try to open the folder like you did previously. If an error shows up in the terminal, go ahead and post it here. I can try and have a fix for whatever the issue is out by tomorrow.
Sure thing. Before I do that, here's screenshots of what I'm doing to make sure I'm not doing some absolutely dunce-level idiocy.

zEpW8RH.png

Starting with the gay fates m and gamedata folder being put into storage

hdbb0ce.png

copied my stuff from my romfs

MwPKrWi.png

FEAT is doing some stuff

Tw8e7jo.png

Open and verify of storage folder causes this (at symbol)E thing at the top. Not sure what that means. It just sits there like that, acting like I never clicked anything.

EDIT: Running it through command prompt doesn't cause anything to happen. The whole thing just stays blank after clicking verify and going to my storage folder. (pardon the mess of files and folders in the path)

DSCGst8.png

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's a simple fix actually. The message given there indicates a file that the randomizer looked for but could not find. From your storage folder, look for a file titled Join under m/@E. If it's not a text file, run it through FEAT and try verifying again. If you cannot find any file with that name, you could copy one from your romfs and decompress it.

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's a simple fix actually. The message given there indicates a file that the randomizer looked for but could not find. From your storage folder, look for a file titled Join under m/@E. If it's not a text file, run it through FEAT and try verifying again. If you cannot find any file with that name, you could copy one from your romfs and decompress it.
Ahhhh, bless you, you are a hero lol. Okay, got all the files in the right place, it's randomized, hopefully the 3DS and NTR recognize it this go around!

robotic_jo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I seem to be having a similar (if not the same) issue, I've re randomized the game 2 or 3 times, and nothing seems to be working. I've included the same-sex patch as recommended in the OP, and my file structure should be correct. Any idea what I should do?
have you got ntr selector?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile